Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51
Like Tree76Likes

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Team % Bonuses - Your favorite?

  1. #31
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,712
    @Moi
    So, let's say you have +8% defense. This means that during the game, your defense stats will be +8% higher than the would've been without it. Players' stats are exactly the same, but the global stats of their influence area goes up.
    When you 're talking about "defense", it's like a unity ?
    I mean, considering the number of the defenders, their skills/q, the mentality, specific orders (like "man to man", hard tackling, pressing) and arrows (blue/down), we have something like a summary.
    There it comes the defense bonus and giving a +% ?
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Moi
    Moi is offline
    Addicted Moi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    683
    I can't go into the details, but here's the thing:

    You have your 11 players in the pitch. Some of them add more contribution to the Defense rating than others, ie, strikers don't contribute at all, and defenders contribute the most. So, considering everything, your defensive stats reach a certain value. The bonus makes this value go higher.

    And I can't say anything else

  3. #33
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Moi View Post
    I can't go into the details, but here's the thing:

    You have your 11 players in the pitch. Some of them add more contribution to the Defense rating than others, ie, strikers don't contribute at all, and defenders contribute the most. So, considering everything, your defensive stats reach a certain value. The bonus makes this value go higher.

    And I can't say anything else
    Haha, that clarifies many things example, seeing my 200 speed ST beeing caught from behind by a 30 speed defender.
    Basically, individual stats are not important, just those "stats"
    Al Svanberg likes this.

  4. #34
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by ingineru View Post
    Haha, that clarifies many things example, seeing my 200 speed ST beeing caught from behind by a 30 speed defender.
    Basically, individual stats are not important, just those "stats"
    I think this could be 2 different questions, or not. There could be other explanations for why a slow defender can catch up a fast defender.

    Like, have anyone had a really uneven team? A 3 star team loaning a 9 star player in a FA game? I would guess that this player with great speed and offensive skills would stick out, right? If that is the case, individual skills still matters (just not the avg of the team in certain positions, orders, bonuses).

    Also, this would also mean that like defensive skills on a striker isn't that important, or what do you guys think? Hence, it would still be important to make sure your attackers have high offensive skills etc.

    Very very interesting, and lol feels good to be completely wrong about something. Keeps you humble!
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 09-07-2016 at 07:24 PM.

  5. #35
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Svanberg View Post
    I think this could be 2 different questions, or not. There could be other explanations for why a slow defender can catch up a fast defender.

    Like, have anyone had a really uneven team? A 3 star team loaning a 9 star player in a FA game? I would guess that this player with great speed and offensive skills would stick out, right? If that is the case, individual skills still matters (just not the avg of the team in certain positions, orders, bonuses).

    Also, this would also mean that like defensive skills on a striker isn't that important, or what do you guys think? Hence, it would still be important to make sure your attackers have high offensive skills etc.

    Very very interesting, and lol feels good to be completely wrong about something. Keeps you humble!
    No, that 9 star player will not stick out. Put one 1 star player in one match in your starting 11 and you will see that guy performing pretty well. Put him AMX and maybe he will be man of the match
    Al Svanberg likes this.

  6. #36
    Dreamer Duncton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    347
    Possession. I use it a lot. Normally I start with possession and, if the match goes well, I end with it. Sometimes I use attack (when I'm behind) or defense (if I want to keep a lead), but mostly it's possession (and yes, I do notice a difference).

    I almost never use condition. Maybe I should experiment with that some more.
    HairDryer and Al Svanberg like this.

  7. #37
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Posts
    466
    Guys! How do you interpret Moi's explanations?

  8. #38
    Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    17,712
    Guys! How do you interpret Moi's explanations?
    That is very close to my theory I post in some threads , like
    Mytbusters #18-21
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...-eleven-2.html
    is one of them.
    - Individuals skils don't matter
    - The three main categories is questionable how

    It doesn't make a different if we train and keep adding q in a player's skill like crossing and make him a corner specialist.
    We 're doing training, developing the 3 main categories and each one of them contributes to the three main categories of the team.
    There , among other factores who affect the calculation (game proccess), comes also the bonus to add some more.
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

  9. #39
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    64
    For me it's easy. Any friendly match or a match where I'm a big favorite, Condition all the way.
    I ran some tests and with Condition I always lost less condition at the end of the game.
    The less you use, the more you can train/play friendlies, the more skill points you gain for your players.

  10. #40
    Famous HoofDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,389
    Using condition bonus does affect stat gain from matches slightly as the gains are usually reflective of the amount of condition used. That being said, using condition bonuses early in matches definitely helps my squad's performance late in games. Or gives me terrible red cards, lol.
    Renamed to Bolton Wanderers Season 27.
    League Winners: 3,5,8,16,21,24,26,30,31,40
    Cup Winners: Seasons 10,25,28,35,40
    CL Winners: Seasons 19,23.37,
    Nivea winners; Season 30,41
    The Hoof is the Proof.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast