Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Team % Bonuses - Your favorite?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Sry guys, couldn't reply earlier.

Alright so - Bonuses

When you train your Squad you gain bonuses (More info on how to raise these bonuses - F.A.Q.) that's well enough - What happens when you go to a Live Match?

First of all, the % Bonuses you have are passively adding their value to your Squad. So even if you don't watch your match you will STILL have the bonuses.

Now, when you activate one of the bonuses, you gain half of the value ON TOP for the next 20 minutes of match time.

An example - You have:
    10% Attack
    8% Defense
    10% Possession
    4% Condition

You activate the Defense bonus and it goes from 8% to 12% (Half of the total comes as extra)
    But whether you activate the bonus or not, you will have the percentage of each stat active at all times for your Squad.
    This feature basically gives you the option to boost-up a certain aspect of your Squad in order to go for a specific strategy in the middle of the match!

In regards to the request to have answers from the developers - This is something we've been discussing and we think it's a very good thing!

We support the idea and will do something about it. Just give us some time. A lot is in the works!

P.S.

Because Sherlock140 asked - Jeeves is not my real name, rather it is something/someone I acquire the image of BECAUSE of my duties.
    Team % Bonuses - Your favorite?-18e571e20506ea9408a77aaa11cab6a8.jpg
    A Gentleman's Personal Gentleman as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    anyone ever do the test if its working?
    say you playing against a strong oppo you watching and his not. you have the advantage to use the bonus will the bonus give an effect to overcome the strong oppo? i played with stronger oppo in cup where he is not watching, even with bonus advantage still unable to beat him.
    It's hard to say that the bonus, only,can give you an advantage over stronger opponents (or ev3n against any opponent) for me is just a small % but if you use it right and you have good formation and orders you can overcome stronger opponents.
    I'm lvl23 and i have played from lvl 1 in +3 cup,won my first cup at lvl13 and in the last 7 seasons I won 6 cups playing against stronger oppo most of times

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
    HairDryer and Al Svanberg like this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by HairDryer View Post
    anyone ever do the test if its working?
    say you playing against a strong oppo you watching and his not. you have the advantage to use the bonus will the bonus give an effect to overcome the strong oppo? i played with stronger oppo in cup where he is not watching, even with bonus advantage still unable to beat him.
    I don't see how tests can be done that would "prove" that bonuses work, at least if my understanding of the bonuses is correct.

To explain why, bear with me a little bit. Lets look at my DMC Gary Butcher as an example. Gary Butcher has the ability 40 which is 121% at my level. My understanding is that each of the 4 bonuses increases a specific group of abilities with a multiplier. Like, its the only reasonable formula I can come up with. It is possible that the possession bonus is carved out and functions like the possession bonus you get from watching a game etc, but the other 3 bonuses would still function like I expect in my theory. Anyway, if they function something like that, one can only guess, the abilities might be divided into the four groups in accordance with something like this:

Attack Bonus: Shooting, Finishing, Dribbling and Heading
    Defense Bonus: Tackling, Marking, Courage and Positioning
    Possession Bonus: Passing, Creativity and Crossing
    Conditioning Bonus: Conditioning, Strength, Aggressiveness and Speed

So lets say that I activate the attack bonus during the game, and has the following bonuses after that:
    Attack Bonus: 15%
    Defense Bonus:10%
    Possession Bonus: 0%
    Conditioning Bonus: 0%

This is a little roughly how it would affect Gary Butcher:
    Team % Bonuses - Your favorite?-effekt-av-bonus.jpg

You see comments like, "I don't know if bonuses are working or not" and "they don't seem to make a big difference". But a flat bonus of 10% bumps a player that is 120% to 132%. How could you spot that difference? You don't know if the opponent has bonuses or not. If you have 10% bonuses a player with 100% in all abilities will have 110% on avg, and after a 5% bump in one category will go to 111.46% on avg. IE activating a 5% only increases the players' avg. ability with 1.46%.

I still think that is a lot and that its absolutely worth it to pay attention to bonus. The difference from having zero bonus to 10% bonuses and activating it is 11.46% in that example, and that is of course huge. But it won't be something you can spot easily if experimenting.
    HairDryer and LeManiaque like this.

Rookie
    So using condition bonus means the players lose less condition? I figured they lose the same amount but will run more. I thought this because I have tried to save energy for the following match and used the condition bonus during the whole match, yet the players are exactly as tired/fresh at the end as when I use other bonuses.

Anyway, I tend to use possession bonus, as it appears to work better as a defensive bonus than the defense bonus. Barca used my possession/counter attack tactic pretty well against Athletic recently. Lately it feels like I can't score in tight matches before using the attacking bonus, though that's probably coincidence more than anything else.
    Al Svanberg likes this.

I would like to ask Jeeves, , last year in september, we had a change and, the man to man option in defense had a extra bonus in defense, and the High pressure too suffered changes and these options gave a bonus in defense/attack (as far as I know) "but" too, these wasted more condition.

The changes in condition consumption that were increased in order to give a bonus, were finally cancelled, because many managers complained as was difficult keep a team in conditions using these options and made difficult for many manage the situation with 2 daily matches as players did not recovery as usual.

I wanna know to confirm, if man to man and high pressure, still activating the bonuses. As far as I remember the devs said that yes but they reduced again the condition consumption...
    How works now that exactly? exist a bonus? burn some little % of condition?...

thk madflo and Al for taking your time explaining appteciated.

Here i have an example 2 matches yesterday and today in my league.
    all of us have about same quality

yesterday match both manager watching so i assume his using the bonus.

Team quality:-

Result:-

Statistic:-

Match played today oppo not watching

Team quality:-

Result:-

Statistic:-

I only use Attack bonus. In this 2 matches in term of Shot clearly i dominate. the one manager not watching i have 60 - 40 possesion.
    So i think there is some effect maybe you guys can examine and explain better.

I personally think my team is better in both matches. The best team did not win in this 2 matches. Am i angry" NO " a little disappointed yes. We given them all our best bt our best is not enough. I proud of my team, to me they winner only result didnt go our way.
    We take this draw & lost to our training ground and comeback stronger.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk
    Alessio Fitch and Al Svanberg like this.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Moi
    Guys there's a misconception here. When a bonus is applied, it affects that area of the pitch, not individual player abilities/skills.

So, let's say you have +8% defense. This means that during the game, your defense stats will be +8% higher than the would've been without it. Players' stats are exactly the same, but the global stats of their influence area goes up.

Same happens when you watch a live match, your team possession goes up by +8%, but it doesn't individually modify your players' stats/skills.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    So, if I 'm playing defense with counter attacks and set the attack bonus, this can works and give me something + in my attacks, right ?
    Or if I 'm playing attack and set the defense bonus, this might help me not conceded a goal from oppo counters ?
    HairDryer and Al Svanberg like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Moi
    It doesn't matter how you play, counterattacks, defense/attack, etc ... a bonus in defense will always give you a bonus to your defense stats during the match, and an attack bonus will do the same for your attack.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    So, if I 'm playing defense with counter attacks and set the attack bonus, this can works and give me something + in my attacks, right ?
    Or if I 'm playing attack and set the defense bonus, this might help me not conceded a goal from oppo counters ?
    yes nik i have the same thought and give me a rough idea how to use the bonuses when looking at my 2 matches i post. first game both manager watching posession oppo home 55 - 45 so watching do have effect. Bonous i use attack oppo not sure what bonus shot 18 - 23 so i guess my attack do have effect.

Second game i playing home oppo not watching possesion 60-40. Again i use attack bonus oppo not using bonus shot 20-10. my guessing he is using defensive mentality.
    Last edited by HairDryer; 09-07-2016 at 05:03 PM.
    nikolgiorgos and Al Svanberg like this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast