View Poll Results: What do you think about the Cup draw ?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like the new one

16 57.14%
  • I prefer the old one

9 32.14%
  • I don't care about the Cup

3 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Cup draw

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar

The Cup draw

The new Cup draw

There are few seasons now that the Cup has a draw with a different calculation .
    Let’s see how things are working now, pros and cons and what do you prefer (or in which of them you can see that you have been more successful).

The old one :

The calculation comes at the beginning of the new season, counting the 14 higher q players of the team (with contract or not).
    All the teams of the Cup has about the same avg quality, no matter the level).
    A good 7* team was playing also with a 7* team but 1 or 2 levels above so the other manager could buy a simple 5* player for his lv with 1T ,who was a 6* or 7* for your LV.
    The tactic of playing vs same lv teams was to finish the season with a lower q team.
    14 players but some of them 3* or lower academy players.

The new one :

Now there is a limit in the levels of the Cup draw. All the teams are -+1 LV.
    If you finish with a strong team, you ‘re playing with good teams of the same lv or teams +1 lv max.
    If you finish with a weaker team, you ‘re playing with same or -1 LV.
    Quality doesn’t not have a limit now and the cup groups don’t have similar q.

If you play in a -1LV Cup, you might have an opponent of a lv above but with a 8*-9* team.
    Or if you have a very strong team of 9*-10*, all the opponent will be lower q.

Another characteristic is that in the Cup there are many teams of your League (as now the League and the Cup draw come together at the beginning of the season).

- Some could say that tanking teams (specially those who got stronger with loans of asso competition and stay in the same lv) have a huge advantage but it’s not only them (we can see that in the following example).

-Some could say that it would be better if there was also a limit in quality besides the levels.

And some could say that the Cup (as in real football) is anyway an “unfair” competition and you just play for whatever better result.

The thing is that for the next 1-2 years that will be the draw of the Cup (as many people was asking for it in the past – with the LV limit I mean).
    That’s why I didn’t put a third choice of having a different kind of draw.

So what do you prefer ? Old or new ?

or you don't care much about the Cup ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

This season the Cup for my team MAN UTD had a tough draw as I had 6*-7*players.
    Two very strong teams Zamalek and Toth.
    The Cup draw-cup-8-semi-finals.jpg

They are also in my League.
    The Cup draw-league-zamalek-toth.jpg

I played with Zamalek and disqualified.
    The Cup draw-cup-6-5-1-lost.jpg

Zamalek also disqualified from Toth in the next round.
    The Cup draw-cup-7-zamalek-toth.jpg

The other teams of the lv above, don’t have much chances against them as they have only 6*-7* players . Bad luck for them.
    The Cup draw-cup-5-hector-lv10.jpg

Zamalek and Toth aren’t tanking.
    The Cup draw-cup-3-zamalek.jpg

The Cup draw-cup-4-toth.jpg

Dreamer
    Old one.
    New is absolutely no sense for me.

Advantages of the old one:
    - Monster tanking teams were penalized as they were grouped with teams several levels above (that could get better players along with a much faster training speed).
    - Cup was a real achievement for strong teams, for the reason said above. Now there are too many trebles coming, you only need tokens to spend
    - You are often grouped with the same people you are grouped in other competitions. I will almost securely play three "finals" against the same opponent .. A challenge, but a bit boring I would say

The Cup draw-needlesspossu_championship.jpgThe Cup draw-needlesspossu_cup.jpgThe Cup draw-needlesspossu_cl.jpg

for the past 3 season i played with team +1 level in cup & cl and i am the only team my level. that hv to do with my team Q i start the season with 120+Q.

Famous
    I don't think it is feasible that there are limits on both level and quality. In such circumstance, teams which are much stronger (or weaker) than all other teams in +1, same and -1 levels cannot be put in any cup.

I still prefer old cup draw. Cups can be fair only if all teams are randomly drawn from same level.

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    The new Cup draw

So what do you prefer ? Old or new ?

or you don't care much about the Cup ?
    ...or a 4th option - I care about the Cup but have no opinion either way...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    ...or a 4th option - I care about the Cup but have no opinion either way...
    well, I was thinking to put a 4th option, a kind of "I am not sure" or something like this - a neutral one
    but if someone answer to that , he won't be able in the future to delete his vote and choose something else.
    So as this new kind of draw is a little fresh, maybe someone doesn't have a stable opinion about that for now.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    The new one :

Now there is a limit in the levels of the Cup draw. All the teams are -+1 LV.
    If you finish with a strong team, you ‘re playing with good teams of the same lv or teams +1 lv max.
    If you finish with a weaker team, you ‘re playing with same or -1 LV.
    Quality doesn’t not have a limit now and the cup groups don’t have similar q.
    Does the new one still take into consideration 14 players average? How does it defines strong team or weaker team?

Now I do not care. If it was one or two years before it would be nice. When I started playing, my opponents in Cup were 20 levels above me, after a year they changed it to 1-4 level above me (no metter I was playing with team 5-6*). Now I am highest level and they are under me, so

New one is better than the old one but still not 100% fair.

Whatever the quality it is unfair for a team to play against a team of higher level.
    The reason is simple: he can boost up his quality with half of resources than you. End of story.

Draw should be from same level with a mix up of teams, some could be better some could be worse.
    And in order to make the competition hard as they want to be teams could have a +-10% difference average quality. All of them.

So we are talking of a real battle no matter what is your quality.

If the server has not enough teams to do that, it is not manager's fault that he owns a very good quality team.
    Altiplano likes this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast