Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: A WTF match which needs an explanation to rest in peace

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    So today I had the second leg of champions league.
    Oppo with similar quality.

1st leg I won 2-1, I could score more but despite 25 total shots only 5 were on target and 2 in the goal

This is the magic of "because f*** you!" in Top Eleven. Not even the support team does have an answer, and justify this by saying that "the opponent prepared the match better even when he doesn't watch the game".
    Except for one thing that does prove the opposite. Try to face the same team twice in a row using the same formation and tactics, while the opponent abandoned the team (he's fielding injured players), and you will get much, MUCH different results. Like losing at home 2-1 and winning away 0-6.

Nobody knows ****
    nash123, Bunzo and madflo19 like this.
    Winning Eleven season records:

15 Leagues won : 1, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 38 - Runner up: 8, 10, 15
    9 Champions League won: 7, 9, 11, 19, 20, 21, 24, 31, 33 - Runner up: 15, 16, 26, 34
    1 Super League won: 38
    7 Cups won: 17, 18, 20, 23, 24, 33, 35 - Runner up: 9, 14, 34, 38

Pro
    It really sucks to loose your away game that bad. The shot efficiency is something that is very of this season. So far I have lost only a few games with normal numbers. So in a game with 54% possession, both teams 12 shots and 5 on target and I loose 0-1 is ok for me.

But.... this season I have lost and tied games where I dominated like mad. Had a game with 31 shots with 9 on target against a team with 9 shots and 2 on target. Logical end score is 1-1. Shot efficiency is somehow broken for teams with less quality. I don't understand how I am still doing fine in all 3 sections with these results.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Surprisingly (for this season) he watched the match!
    He had hald of stadium full and he was the only one in.
    I was watching with a bunch of supporters, having a +11% advantage for me in total
    I can only remember one exemple like this happening to me: in cup semi, I think, oppo slightly weaker, I won first leg 3-0 and could have been 5-0 if I well remember. I was overconfident and did not watch second leg. Got destroyed 7-2. But your case is worse as you were watching and his tactic was just silly. After many seasons, I also noticed that the game engine has a tendency to favor the "best" team in cup. If you lost first leg badly against all odds, the chances are you will come back on second. Did it several times. But in your case, that does not seem to apply.
    Cloverfield and Tyltyl like this.
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

Rookie
    I have always had same problems in cup and especially UCL matches... Its tiring

Here we go again :

A WTF match which needs an explanation to rest in peace-wasnot-our-day.jpg
    Tyltyl likes this.
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Rookie
    Ok, i know that the game engine is trolling every match lately, but NORDEUS, get real ffs, i'm losing the title in here!!! THIS IS TOO MUCH!!! i'm out in cup, i'm out in ch league, i had 4 pts lead in league, now i'm 3 pts behind... and all those loses were with weaker teams. example, today match:
    A WTF match which needs an explanation to rest in peace-img_20170517_210602%5B1%5D.jpgA WTF match which needs an explanation to rest in peace-img_20170517_210541%5B1%5D.jpg

i had tons of scoring oportunities, 3 or 4 of them 1on1 with keeper, all of them were over the post. unbelievable...and he only had 3 chances...
    this **** is ****ing unreal, they better do something about this kind of results, it makes no sense. why should i invest anymore in my team if i keep losing like that???
    Last edited by funqer; 05-17-2017 at 06:38 PM.
    Cloverfield, Tyltyl and Altiplano like this.

Pro
    Just had a cup match which I didn't watch. Neither did he.Stats of the away game:

Possession 43 vs 57%
    Shots 13 vs 17
    On target 7 vs 8
    Saves 5 vs 4

So a tie would be a logical end score right? Maybe even the coin flip to me as I was a little stronger? WRONG! 3-0 for him.
    FC Knudde:
    Seasons: 46
    League won: 33
    CL won: 10
    Cup won: 4

FC Killroy:
    Seasons: 32
    League won: 20
    CL won: 6
    Superleague: 3
    Cup won: 7

This game has stopped making sense ages ago..Final nail in the coffin would be 14day season for me... waiting for it

Famous
    Funny to see my first post on this thread as I lost my first leg of cup semi against an half-abandoned lev+1 team (first loss of the season). I think I played the good counter with my best 11, dominated all game but still lost 1-2 (2 goals for him in the first 14 mins + an injury for me: was just waiting for the red card which fortunately never came). According to my previous writing, I should win on secong leg. Let's see...
    Club: FC Lomagne

Level: 33

Current Season (44): League (ON STRIKE), CL (N/A), Cup (In - Quarter-Finals)

Previous Season: League (11th), CL (Final), Cup (Last 16)

vad
    Apprentice
    I think, you are heavily overestimating the impact of whatever you do on the game. For instance, I have yet to see a game where upon my changing from hard defending to hard attacking (or anything in between) would have any visible effect on the movements of the players. I'm pretty sure that all those settings that we are allowed to specify, are no more than cosmetics for our entertainment.

Equally, everybody who played for a while knows that once in a while there will be a game where the players will just not perform at all. One would think that this is exactly what had to be reflected in their morale, by the very definition of the morale, but it's not the case.

Equally, if you look closely, there's no much relation even between the condition and the result. Again, I'm pretty sure that once in a while everybody has a case where you just did not have time to get to the team between two games on the same day, so the players all had 60-70% condition, but still beat an equal team.

Or, when the player who "broke the leg" and was "stretched from the field", if not replaced, keeps playing just fine, and even occasionally scores. In fact, if anything, you may even notice some boost for your team.

We sure like to tell ourselves that our movements and preparations and training and morale and formations and watching the game and bonus do matter, but I'm pretty sure that if someone ran statistics on big numbers of games, it would be revealed that in the end, they don't. Or maybe some negligible effect.
    Last edited by vad; 05-18-2017 at 01:36 PM.
    RedsBleedRed and Javert89 like this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast