Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree266Likes

Thread: Season 93 - Are you ready?

Famous
    I have to agree with Nik and MadFlo about the 4-5-1v. Most of my losses are against that formation.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    lol, funny you 're saying that Khris as we 're playing in the same asso group and you can see that most of the times I 'm using this formation.
    After 4 seasons of staying in the same level, my team is too strong (7*-8*, 135% q) so I had many games vs more strong opponents (the asso higher q team, usually a 150% q team).
    But still I can have good results wit 1/2 or 1* less q team.
    Ok lets put on the table another option, just many people with same conditions have a wave of same bad results so, then, is when the conspiration begins xD

...^^`

who knows the truth?... nobody really... we just think what others want us to think... and what we prefeer to think... lol

Probably all is the same history as always, "players are all"... that simple..... this talking about the V or any other formation.... then about the STs sudden change I am not so sure of what to say.... maybe is time to recovery my first 4-3-3?.... and see if I can find again a good line of strikers?...

Quote Originally Posted by dan1daking View Post
    Hmm I've been mostly playing 451v this season and im 1st in League , Cup Finals and semis in Super League .. It seems pretty good against most formations so far.. I've NEVER lost against the standart 442.. I only had troubles in the beginning of the season against 4-2mc-3w-1 but I found out that the tactics I used were not good (played attacking down both flanks,offside on counter on; and then switched to normal mixed mixed on HIGH, off) and lost once against 4-4-1-1 which was a bit of a troll game ..
    And considering 11 out of 13 teams in the league are full 6* teams and the super league and CUP opponents were fairly even to mine I cant really say bad things for this formation.. ofcourse against tactics like narrow diamond which i know perfect counters that are not 451v i used those instead..
    It is not a bad formation; more like it is was being used (and maybe still used) as if it was the pinnacle of all formations. In fact, these days, it is stronger as compared to way before because attacking midfielders seems to be doing the job of strikers. This season, I noticed that formations that have little in the middle in terms of MCs have been doing well. First in my league used mostly a formation with 1 MC and another formation with no MC (only 1 loss and 2 draws for this team in the league so far), and in another league, 1st is using that same formation with the 1 MC. In the Cup, my team was knocked-out by a team that used 1 MC for his away match and no MC for his home match. It looks like some things have changed in the game.

For me, for how it was before (2015) in this game, 4-5-1(V) lacked punch in attack. And if you did not have good enough AML and AMRs, things could be worst. For my main team (the first team), I had a lot of problems getting AMLs and AMRs on the server my account was. Others like Nik were getting wingers on their servers, and that too fast trainers and even with special ability, while me, I could hardly find even a decent one despite checking the transfer market nearly every morning every day. I got a 'second-hand' DML/ML/AML in the 2nd season, and in both 2nd and 3rd seasons, I had to use the scouts' list: 2nd season got an AMR/AMC/AML and 3rd season got an MR/AMR. I created a test account, (which is now the account I am using), and despite this account being on a different server, still there were deficiencies in terms of nordgen wingers. I would not blame all the failures that occurred during the period I was using 4-5-1(V) on the formation itself. Some failures were due to my lack of knowledge of the game itself. It is just that it has not worked for me as compared to the likes of Nik. But, the main difference is that my team was like 5 stars, with 5-6 stars wingers while others who had success a lot with that formation had 6 star teams with wingers at 7-stars and sometimes even more. So, this contributed too.

This game, especially during a period, seemed to favour narrow formations like narrow diamond, 4-3N-1-2 and 4-1-3N-2. Formations like narrow diamond were as equally strong in defence (and maybe even better) compared to 4-5-1(V), but had more presence in attack, and later with the coming of the new version with 3D on all supported platforms, certain styles seemed to be more pleasurable to watch as shown by the highlights and also appeared to be like really dominating the opponent as compared to 4-5-1V which was like boring. With further changes (assistant manager and effect of bonuses), formations like 4-5-1V and the usual style used with it, that is defensive and counter-attacks, were no more that good. The game favoured intense styles and formations. High pressing and high defensive lines (like Barcelona was playing at a time) became the successful ones. Even 4-3N-2W-1 was not that good (maybe talisman can comment about that). Much much later, which comes to this season, it seems that game is favouring some styles again. In other words, it is like the game has been changing so as to reflect how things have changed in football in real life, that is different formations and styles being dominant and successful at different periods.

All that being said, I will still use 4-5-1(V), but only where I feel it is appropriate to use.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-18-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I thought.... and much more things

^^

Thats time ago cause as far as I remember I don't know of T11 fan since months... and months ago.... probably you refeer to Perfect tactics which was the team name of dv8r and J4th ¿? now really I don't know about what are you talking about.

Regarding the PMs I usually have the PM's forlder full, but I think I rember reading about something from you, but really Tactician, I don't have to get anything apart from my own opinion, which I have very clear. Then related to my mod job I think we all understand that calling ungrateful rat is something that should not happen here, despite how you helped, or how really ungrateful one person is with others.

Here the thing is not stay pending of what others say of what one do, the thing is stay in peace with what one do, thats all, despite how others react, so, you tryed the best? thats what you wanted to do? so why regret? the other person if is ungrateful, ungrateful is, let him be who is and everyone in the end will recive what they sow, life is enough intelligent doing that, belive me, I say this after do 32 home changes in all my life and know hundreds of stories. I can understand that we all would like to see and we "wait" others act like we expect or doing things with our same "good intention" but 90% cases is not what happens.
    Live and let life.
    Hope this 4th time that you came despite our differances related to the game and how understand it (maybe we only share the hobby to writte way longer lol) we just will not have so many troubles or whichever occurred earlier with our viewpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Ok lets put on the table another option, just many people with same conditions have a wave of same bad results so, then, is when the conspiration begins xD

...^^`

who knows the truth?... nobody really... we just think what others want us to think... and what we prefeer to think... lol

Probably all is the same history as always, "players are all"... that simple..... this talking about the V or any other formation.... then about the STs sudden change I am not so sure of what to say.... maybe is time to recovery my first 4-3-3?.... and see if I can find again a good line of strikers?...
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    lol, funny you 're saying that Khris as we 're playing in the same asso group and you can see that most of the times I 'm using this formation.
    After 4 seasons of staying in the same level, my team is too strong (7*-8*, 135% q) so I had many games vs more strong opponents (the asso higher q team, usually a 150% q team).
    But still I can have good results wit 1/2 or 1* less q team.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    I have to agree with Nik and MadFlo about the 4-5-1v. Most of my losses are against that formation.
    Hahaha.

Jokes aside, I never lost to a 4-5-1(V) and 'never' lost to a 4-3N-3 (though I did lose one in testing accounts, but that does not count), even against stronger ones, but this is not really by chance. I even defeated a strong and very active 4-5-1(V) (not passive, that is not the one that would sit back and wait for counter-attacking opportunities, but attacking and pressing like Barcelona) 4-3 way back during the early weeks of the associations. For me, when I see an opponent with 4-5-1(V) or 4-3-3, it is like the win is almost in the bag. Sure, there are still some doubts at times, but those two formations are among the ones I mastered on how to beat them.

Nik (4-5-1(V)) and khris (4-3-3) never faced me, and khris (4-2-3W-1) never faced me. But if ever I had to face those 3, I would be more worry about the 4-2-3W-1 than the other two. I learned a bit how to deal with the 4-2-3W-1 too but lack practice against it. But, nowadays, in this game, it seems that formations do not matter much like before, and even quality on its own, unless you have large quality differences. Many formations can beat many other formations by other means other than the base positioning of players according to the formation used itself.

I would like to mention something though. It was Nik that showed me how to play with 4-5-1(V) in this game (I mean the defensive and counter-attacking style) when I was in L2. At that time, I did not have much knowledge of the game, and that little bit that Nik showed me did help me to win some things.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-18-2017 at 11:19 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    ^^

Thats time ago cause as far as I remember I don't know of T11 fan since months... and months ago.... probably you refeer to Perfect tactics which was the team name of dv8r and J4th ¿? now really I don't know about what are you talking about.

Regarding the PMs I usually have the PM's forlder full, but I think I rember reading about something from you, but really Tactician, I don't have to get anything apart from my own opinion, which I have very clear. Then related to my mod job I think we all understand that calling ungrateful rat is something that should not happen here, despite how you helped, or how really ungrateful one person is with others.

Here the thing is not stay pending of what others say of what one do, the thing is stay in peace with what one do, thats all, despite how others react, so, you tryed the best? thats what you wanted to do? so why regret? the other person if is ungrateful, ungrateful is, let him be who is and everyone in the end will recive what they sow, life is enough intelligent doing that, belive me, I say this after do 32 home changes in all my life and know hundreds of stories. I can understand that we all would like to see and we "wait" others act like we expect or doing things with our same "good intention" but 90% cases is not what happens.
    Live and let life.
    Hope this 4th time that you came despite our differances related to the game and how understand it (maybe we only share the hobby to writte way longer lol) we just will not have so many troubles or whichever occurred earlier with our viewpoints.

Yes was about the posts about Perfect Tactics, and t11_fan mentioned something about a user (Master of Tactics or something that had tactics in his username) that asked 'how to counter' here on the forum as his first post, then you said Tactician (and so on) in reply.

Wt..? When did I ask 'how to counter' as my first post? Khris, I will beat you. I rarely even asked how to counter this or that here on this forum.

About the ungrateful thing, the person was like pushing me away, telling me to go away from here after all the help I provided to him. So, he was indeed ungrateful, and given that he had 'rat' in his username, I said ungrateful rat.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-18-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Hahaha.

Jokes aside, I never lost to a 4-5-1(V) and 'never' lost to a 4-3N-3 (though I did lose one in testing accounts, but that does not count), even against stronger ones, but this is not really by chance. I even defeated a strong and very active 4-5-1(V) (not passive, that is not the one that would sit back and wait for counter-attacking opportunities, but attacking and pressing like Barcelona) 4-3 way back during the early weeks of the associations. For me, when I see an opponent with 4-5-1(V) or 4-3-3, it is like the win is almost in the bag. Sure, there are still some doubts at times, but those two formations are among the ones I mastered on how to beat them.

Nik (4-5-1(V)) and khris (4-3-3) never faced me, and khris (4-2-3W-1) never faced me. But if ever I had to face those 3, I would be more worry about the 4-2-3W-1 than the other two. I learned a bit how to deal with the 4-2-3W-1 too but lack practice against it. But, nowadays, in this game, it seems that formations do not matter much like before, and even quality on its own, unless you have large quality differences. Many formations can beat many other formations by other means other than the base positioning of players according to the formation used itself.

I would like to mention something though. It was Nik that showed me how to play with 4-5-1(V) in this game (I mean the defensive and counter-attacking style) when I was in L2. At that time, I did not have much knowledge of the game, and that little bit that Nik showed me did help me to win some things.
    Tactican, the thing that makes the 4-5-1v difficult to play against is that there is an alternate tactical setup to it. I usually play it the same way Nik does, however in addition to the one Nik mentioned, there is an attacking V. It's setup with something like attacking/hard attacking, short passing (usually), high press, force counters on (I saw your post about the weird orders of force counters + attacking working in this game, and it seems to in the case of this tactic as well).. So when you setup against the "V" managers (especially if it's an opponent one isn't familiar with) are in the dark about figuring out the opponent, more so than they would be if they face other formations. If I know my opponent is playing 4-5-1v, defense + counters, i'm going to have a higher success rate, than if I'm in the dark. But this is the one formation (more so than others), that could be playing defense, normal or attacking. It's a very difficult read.
    brolly likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Tactican, the thing that makes the 4-5-1v difficult to play against is that there is an alternate tactical setup to it. I usually play it the same way Nik does, however in addition to the one Nik mentioned, there is an attacking V. It's setup with something like attacking/hard attacking, short passing (usually), high press, force counters on (I saw your post about the weird orders of force counters + attacking working in this game, and it seems to in the case of this tactic as well).. So when you setup against the "V" managers (especially if it's an opponent one isn't familiar with) are in the dark about figuring out the opponent, more so than they would be if they face other formations. If I know my opponent is playing 4-5-1v, defense + counters, i'm going to have a higher success rate, than if I'm in the dark. But this is the one formation (more so than others), that could be playing defense, normal or attacking. It's a very difficult read.
    Attacking or defensive 4-5-1(V), there is one line that seems to be a common one. When you have it in your formation, the 4-5-1(V) is already put at a disadvantage as a whole. Then there is another line, this can be either the defensive line or the offensive like. If you go for the offensive line, the (V) cannot defend against that, and if you go for the defensive line, it cannot attack against that. In some cases, there may be large scores, but still the V is beaten. In the past, an opponent almost beat Nik out of the Champions League because he had part of those lines above. If he managed to complete the puzzle, he would have been through unless the game sided fully to Nik's side. So, he ended up losing, but narrowly.

You get the other ones too - the one that plays normal and even mixed, mixed (not even focusing to the flanks). The harder one I have faced was the attacking one, one that seemed to press high and with the manager himself knows what other orders he used. What I saw on the pitch was as soon as my player got the ball in my own half, he was surrounded with players like bees swarming (like Barcelona pressing) and had no room to breath. It could have been Hard Attacking, High Pressing, Man-on-Man Marking, Hard Tackling and Offside. His side defenders were up too in my half. One match ended 4-3 and the other ended 3-2. In one match, I went offensive and in the other I went with defensive (using the appropriate lines) despite that the opponent probably used the same approach (maybe more intense in one of the matches). In one match, the A.M even indicated that what i was using was very good and that left the opponent with no options for his 4-5-1(V). But the game seems to have changed; so things might not be the same, but some elements seem still to be around. Also, you must have the players too - those players that are are just programmed to do well. I had one at back on my left side, and this one shut a good part of the menace from his side of the flank, while on the other side I had an average one, and so he let some attacks through or had trouble dealing with the attackers on this side (yellow card).

But nowadays, more is required. What look like teams using centre-attacking formations may attack through the flanks, and they win too. So, it just not you would see say 4-5-1(V), so you would block the flanks and attack the flanks, or you would see narrow diamond, you would block the middle and attack the flanks. The opponent could be doing the reverse of what you would expect based on the formation he put. What is funny in there is that many did not even intend to do it - I mean by chance they put things like that and they turn out to be game changers for particular matches. How is he attacking, and who is he pushing up to boost his numbers in front? This one is difficult to find out itself. It took me one full match (+ some time after) to figure out how an opponent was probably attacking in a Cup match this season, and I lost the game 2-0 at home. He used what seemed to be a middle attacking formation, but he went through the flanks and with counters too. Assistant manager was no help at all, and what is funny is that he rarely showed up during that match (maybe he sold the match ). But in the away match, I set things up to block where I suspected he attacked in the first match, and I went to attack where I should go logically. I won that game 4-0 (if I am not mistaken).

The game match duration itself is way too short. As a manager, someone needs more time (and also more highlights) to analyse what is going on, and more time to make changes, and enough time so that those changes can be put into effect.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-19-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

451v Conundrum

Sent from my INFINIX-X551 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by talisman
    Anyone else noticed a marked increase in yellow cards this season?
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman
    ...or Trolling and Card and Injury...
    Man I never got 3 yellow and one straight red in one game
    Today's CL semi final away match, oppo 3n-2w-3n-2 q: 84% and me 112% use 3n-1-4-2 with normal tackle; I didn't join the match as manager, watching match as fan with other 5 more fans (7% poss for me), other manager not attend; at 30' one of my winger (mr) received first yellow, leading 0:1 so I thought its happen, but game were waiting to surprise me

right after the half round my dmc received straight 'red'
    stat says bad behaviour he earn that card then why penalty kick for oppo, anyway, my team won 1:4 but how I can control this card if Nord referee were not instructed to do fair judgement

Now my best 'dmc' can't play next two match, it's mean if qualify for final then my 'dmc' can't play

Season 93 - Are you ready?-cl-semifinal-%3D-card.jpg
    Last edited by ibangali; 06-19-2017 at 07:23 AM.
    I can fight against a real player but can't fight against game engine (troll).
    Trolling ruin the game fun and all efforts.
    We play for fun not frustration.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast