Page 113 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1342
Like Tree642Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How many troll results you had this season ?

Rookie
    I also note that the number of goals being scored against defensive teams has increased. Usually, I get scored 18-22 goals a season yet I am already at 28 this season.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucian1986 View Post
    Yes. I trolled a team 7-1 after they beat me 4-1. A troll occurs when the result is ridiculous in light of the quality of the teams and whether the team is being managed. For this reason, a result of 8-0 when both teams are similar in quality and both are managed is a troll.

For me, these are typical troll results:

- An abandoned team that is 20%+ lower in quality wins or draw
    - An abandoned team that is 40%+ lower in quality loses by less than 2 goals
    - An actively managed team that is between 10-20% lower in quality wins by more than 1 goal
    - An actively managed team that is between 10% lower in quality and 10% higher in quality wins by more than 4 goals.

The hallmarks of a troll result:

- the opponent barely gets a shot on target but the goals per shot on target are 80%+
    - a 15%+ weaker team has approximately 33% possession but has almost the same number of shots on target and shots as the better team.
    I had a league match with an active manager who was present during the match. He was about 35% weaker than me. I lost this match 2-1. What was strange is that he used a very offensive formation 4 1(MC) 3 (AMRLC) 2 and had a player sent off at 70" but statistics showed a very equal match. Don't know if it was a trolled match or I had a bad luck or I am a bad manager.

Max
    (Removed)
    Last edited by Max; 10-14-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Max
    Hi everyone. I have seen a lot complaints concerning abnormal, unexpected and 'troll' results. I wanted to post on this subject since a few days, but did not do so, but I have posted today. Let me be clear though: I don’t intend to hurt anyone, neither the users of this game nor the people working or representing Nordeus.

When doing comparisons, do not consider or refer to percentage quality difference shown in this game. Difference in percentage quality of teams in this game is misleading, and clearly is the higher you move up in the levels. Use difference in terms of quality points.

Those what some are referring to as ‘bot teams’ are not bot teams. They are what seem to be abandoned teams (that too, some may not be fully abandoned teams). Bot teams are those teams usually found in the lower league levels (L1-L3), that can be recognisable by their names. In this game, teams can be classified as bot teams, abandoned teams, semi-active teams, active tams but with manager mostly absent from the bench, active teams with manager present, and special bot teams (only one more likely, which is Mourinho FC). Do you notice the order I have listed them? This is the expected order in terms of difficulty someone should expect when playing against. Bot teams play at low level; any decent team with decent formation will beat them. Mourinho FC is a special case; do not compare it with others. Mourinho FC is the sort of team that plays at the highest level or close to highest, where the bot counters your team settings for every simulated bit of the match. That does not mean it can’t be beaten. To compare, it is like you are a playing a video game in legendary mode, but you can still beat the game in this mode.

In real life, there were matches where a team beat the other by mostly sitting back, defend and scoring at the only opportunity they get (usually this is by counter-attack or something resulted from counter-attack, that is a corner or free-kick, or a goal conceded due to mistakes or by chance). The losing team, especially if was a stronger team would be like dominating the match, having the ball most of the time (possession), having many shots, but will still lose or draw. This situation might be more apparent in knock-out matches. If something as such has occurred as simulation in this game, this is not ‘trolling’ as long as the one team actually intended (has decent orders and formation) to play that way. But also, that does mean every weak team would win or draw against stronger team by playing such a way. Let’s just say it can happen a few times in a season.

There is another situation that occurred and occurs in real life football. This is what some say as having a bad day. It is where the team is clearly stronger but still fails to win for reasons like some of their players not at their best, many opportunities missed, and so on, and even the significant decisions of the referee. This is probably the one that should occur randomly but rarely in this game, but probably that has been occurring way too many times as compared to real life. A bad day can occur 1-4 times in a season for a particular team, but that does not mean that same team should be having like 3 or more bad days every season for several seasons. Maybe some tweaking is needed in that area of the game.

Based on the matches I have attended this season, there are indications that abandoned teams are playing at an unexpectedly higher level. Weak abandoned teams seem to be scoring goals where they should not be. It could be that Nordeus made some changes, but they have not told you or did not even revealed after so many complaints, just like they have not revealed the changes and then the fix for flaws related to changes that they made in the game in the past (when they introduced those bonuses, the assistant manager and sent surveys asking users if they feel if there was any effect when they do this or that in the game, and later fixed flaws with those things that were causing anomalous amount of goals conceded). But, it could also be something that was in the game way back, just it a bit more pronounced these days or maybe by chance many are experiencing it more now. Way back (in 2015), I made complaints about my team not performing as it should and so on – as if the results were not satisfying for what I had in my team and what the opponent had, or as if my team was being blocked from performing as it should. Someone also posted recently that he felt he was struggling in some matches despite that he won all the matches. Maybe Nordeus made some tweaks and those tweaks are affecting some active users more due to the way those users usually play the game. Given the amount of abandoned teams in the majority of the levels, it is ok if those teams have a little boost or internal help, else it would be like 1-3 teams league every season, but it should be fair to all the active teams. It is not appropriate if an abandoned team had some boost (other than that from the factors that are present for all matches) when it faced one of the active teams in a league or other competition and then did not have that same boost when it faced the other active teams in that same competition; the boost should be a common one and ever present or completely absent, but not one in a match and then none in the other match.

I saw posts about association matches, where some users noticed that those matches were not like the usual matches, things that I noticed way back and what made me quit my association and contributed to my decision to quit the whole game. From what I noticed during the last weeks in where I played for my association (that was in 2016), I can tell you that it became more or less clear that the matches were fixed; the results were pre-determined. In one match, it was so clear that in some way to say, I was like sitting back eating peanuts on the bench watching the opposing manager making changes, trying hard to win, but there was no way he was going to win there as the result was pre-determined. In some cases, the amount of goals may change, but the final result in terms of losing and winning won’t change. I suspect that during a period, associations could have well been simulated just like friendly matches (and maybe still are), where probably most things seemed to be pre-determined before the start of the match itself.

In the past, me too I felt that the game was like penalising active managers; lots of injuries, strange results, other abnormal things. But why would a company intentionally discourage their loyal users of their game? Maybe many things are just due to unintentional flaws or faults, or maybe some were actually intended; only some people at the company there know what they intended and what not.

Like I said when I was about to quit the game for the second time, the problem in this game is not about winning or losing, but how you win or lose. Nothing is perfect in this world; some things can be accepted but there is a limit. A manager could be working really hard (transfers, training, tactics, attendance and so on), and despite all this and having a team of superior quality than his opponents, he lose important games that cost him 1st place in competitions (usually in the knock-out competitions), while another manager could be doing nothing much and he wins the competition. What is even more unacceptable is when you spend money, especially significant amounts of money for your situation or for an online game like Top Eleven, and despite that and all the hard work that I said earlier, you still lose (not a match, but the trophies themselves) to significantly less hard-working managers. I myself, I lost more in terms of trophies when I was playing very seriously and also putting in significant amounts of money, but I won many trophies when playing on and off and not putting in money. Some undesirable things can happen in a season, but when it becomes too common, for example say every season or every two seasons, then it is wrong.

When someone is winning a lot because of his hard work, his tactics and so on, it is ok. When a weak team beats a stronger team by tactics or a combination of tactics and chance, it is ok. When a strong team had a bad day once in a season or two, it is ok. But when a team has not been winning a decent amount of matches a season due to random effects (what some refer to as roll of dices), this is not ok, but can be accepted if that happens rarely, that is once every 10 seasons. When someone is being knocked-out or lose finals in the Champions League, Cup or Nivea League every season by inferior teams and managers due to the randomness in the game, despite putting lots of effort every season, this is unfair. It is good to have some randomness in this game, but when the effect is too pronounced or some undesirable things are occurring way too frequently, this is not acceptable.

I understand those users that are playing this game very seriously, like spending so much time, making so much effort and in some cases spending decent amounts of money, only to have failures or unfair results due to ‘****ty’ or inappropriate things programmed in the game. I quit this game so many times for several reasons, but there are many common reasons. The way this game works, you can’t really play it with that seriousness. Later, I came back to play for a short time like a season or two, like I did earlier this year (2017) and then now, but not with that same level of seriousness. Now, in some way to say, I take many things like they come. Many of the negatives in this game don’t affect me that much as before because I no longer put in so much effort, time and money in it as I was before. So, maybe some of you that are playing this game very seriously should drop the level of seriousness in it. If the game becomes a pain, then better take a break from it or even quit it.

@Tacticain, I agree with all your points here.
    Last edited by Max; 10-14-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Rookie
    Played against a team 3% stronger than me and won 3-0. Played the same team 2 days later, he had received a red in the first match so I was 3% stronger and I lost 3-2. Same tactics, same players. Game is random. Assistant says: "It just wasn't meant to be". Same old nonsense.

Take away: You victories mean nothing, except that you got lucky at the right time or paid to win (i.e. bought token players that allow you to be significantly stronger than the opposition).

Thanks McClean for summing up the game breaking issue Top Eleven currently has. Randomness can add spice, but add too much and anything you accomplish becomes meaningless. When you said "I myself, I lost more in terms of trophies when I was playing very seriously and also putting in significant amounts of money, but I won many trophies when playing on and off and not putting in money.", I think the reason for this is that when you restart, your team is rubbish and the new players you buy are significantly stronger than the competition. In the team I casually manage, I have never encountered a team above 86%, in large part because at the start of the season, this team is usually somewhere in the 50% quality.
    Last edited by Lucian1986; 09-07-2019 at 07:51 PM.
    Level 20

18 x League Champion
    15 x Champions League Winner (4 x Runner Up)
    17 x Cup Winner (2 x Runner Up)
    13 x Super Cup Winner (1 x Runner Up)

929 Wins/ 55 Draws / 40 Losses
    4367 Goals Scored / 509 Goals Conceded/ 267 Games Longest Unbeaten Streak

Max
    Played against a team 3% stronger than me and won 3-0. Played the same team 2 days later, he had received a red in the first match so I was 3% stronger and I lost 3-2. Same tactics, same players. Game is random. Assistant says: "It just wasn't meant to be". Same old nonsense.

Take away: You victories mean nothing, except that you got lucky at the right time or paid to win (i.e. bought token players that allow you to be significantly stronger than the opposition).

Thanks McClean for summing up the game breaking issue Top Eleven currently has. Randomness can add spice, but add too much and anything you accomplish becomes meaningless.
    Hate it they knocked me out in the Quarter Finals of the Champions league and we were all over that team again. I know they were 4% weaker but it is still a troll. I have out enoug hard work in only to dominate each game and miss every chance in the past few minutes of the game. We were through on goal and can you guess what he did? He passes it back to the player behind him. Disgraceful. I have the league and cup to fight for but I feel I will lose them too! Ps game is a disgrace
    Berlitz and Lucian1986 like this.

Rookie
    The key is to not even bother with your team except once at the start of the season. I have a second team, which is Lvl 8. I have won 4 leagues, 2 cups and 1 champions league. The stats aren't even close to yours, Lucian's or my main team, but the team wins trophies despite not doing anything. Team benefits: 0%.
    Player preparation 0$. I don't even train them. Despite all of this, I am still in the champions league with that team.

Game is a disgrace.

Max

Thanks McClean for summing up the game breaking issue Top Eleven currently has. Randomness can add spice, but add too much and anything you accomplish becomes meaningless. When you said "I myself, I lost more in terms of trophies when I was playing very seriously and also putting in significant amounts of money, but I won many trophies when playing on and off and not putting in money.", I think the reason for this is that when you restart, your team is rubbish and the new players you buy are significantly stronger than the competition. In the team I casually manage, I have never encountered a team above 86%, in large part because at the start of the season, this team is usually somewhere in the 50% quality.
    Well, the long post about the problems with the game was originally posted by Tactician. But I brought it up to this page just to say about how true it was but the part about my cup finals and CL Finals. I was thankfully never spent money on the game. I wouldn’t recommend doing it. Well really it is up to the player but I don’t do it. This post was just to clear things up.
    Last edited by Max; 10-14-2020 at 12:20 PM.

Dreamer
    i recently faced same opponent in cup and ch league. me - 112%, him - 113%. i beat him easily in cup 7-0 and 5-2 and lost in ch league 3-2 and 1-1. ultimate proof that this game is totally random, programming results totally random and balancing somehow trophies each team wins. that's pure nonsene and no more reasons to keep playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by funker View Post
    i recently faced same opponent in cup and ch league. me - 112%, him - 113%. i beat him easily in cup 7-0 and 5-2 and lost in ch league 3-2 and 1-1. ultimate proof that this game is totally random, programming results totally random and balancing somehow trophies each team wins. that's pure nonsene and no more reasons to keep playing this game.
    Almost the same thing happening. First played a league game against opponent 20 % weaker than me - lost 3:0 away. Then met same opponent in the Cup - changed formation and tactics and won 4:0 and 3:1. Then played in the league again with this opponent and I used same tactics and players just like in the Cup games. He always uses same formation. Guess what? Lost second league game also - 0:2 at home. Trolling at its best.