Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: NEW FORMATION question

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Hey Everyone.

It does matter where a player is situated in a certain zone on the pitch. With the new fluid formations and how the pitch is segmented, the engine now takes into consideration how a player's position was predesignated when conducting its calculations. Both for your players and those of the opponent. And its not just the Ball Possession that's being increased/decreased based on where each player is positioned.

Relative to the centre of the zone - Positioning your player Back / Forward / Left side / Right side / In-between each direction, will make the player be considered by the engine as being present in that particular part of the zone. Naturally this can offer you a tactical advantage over you opponent and vice versa.

I'm personally still trying out the new functionality now that the update is live. What I'm getting is mostly expected results from my player repositioning during LMs. And another thing I'm noticing is how the guys were able to make the engine really responsive to changes that are being made. Least for me the pace of the game changes quickly and accordingly. (Well sometimes my choice of formation backfires at me... >.>)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that we're going to keep improving on the simulation. The update to the engine is still young and its not over.

EDIT: Btw, how is everyone else feeling their live matches? Are you trying out things to learn the curves?
    USARABAT likes this.

Dreamer
    Jeeves, can you explain this:

NEW FORMATION question-screenshot_20171116-084655.jpg

Why i am not considered 4 Def?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangihutan Manik View Post
    Snip*
    You're purple right?

The number sequence shows you the positioning of the players (The formation), that's all. You still have 2 DCs, a DL and a DR. You still have your four defenders.

The sequence starts as 2-2 because the DL and DR are toward the forward part of the DL - DR zones.

Dreamer
    So, if i put 2 DC and 2 DMC, it will be the same 2-2, right? Sorry, i can not test it cause it will change my formation automatically.
    Jeeves likes this.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Yep. What everyone can do is basically use the vertical zones as markings by which to determine how their formation will be interpreted in the Match Preview.
    Like in the image I attached. if you take a look at the player shadows for the opponent team, they will show up as employing a 3-1-1-3-2 formation.

NEW FORMATION question-football-pitch.jpg

As shown, all flank zones are quite wide (long) in contrast to the central zones, so they almost take up two zones worth of space.

Jeeves - can you please explain why, if I position my AML/AMR players as in the below formation...

NEW FORMATION question-s24-cup-tf-1r1-tassame-fc.jpg

...why, with attack down flanks as mentality, they are playing in the middle of the field (the AML is no.2, AMR is no.25), as in the below screenshots?

NEW FORMATION question-s24-match-01-minute-03.jpgNEW FORMATION question-s24-match-01-minute-11.jpgNEW FORMATION question-s24-match-01-minute-41.jpgNEW FORMATION question-s24-match-01-minute-52.jpgNEW FORMATION question-s24-match-01-minute-78.jpg

NEW FORMATION question-s24-match-02-minute-33.jpgNEW FORMATION question-s24-match-02-minute-83.jpg
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Same happens to me as well as talisman, flank am completely out of poistion in animation
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloverfield View Post
    Same happens to me as well as talisman, flank am completely out of poistion in animation
    Because they are playing too much creative. Just kidding.
    Put them to the left of AML/AMR box to take out their creative.
    This bug is very frustrated.

Im not down with the new update. Ive had 1 injury every game, and im losing matches i shouldnt lose to bizarre formations that would never work

Losing interest fast ... change it back

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by butchpt6 View Post
    Im not down with the new update. Ive had 1 injury every game, and im losing matches i shouldnt lose to bizarre formations that would never work

Losing interest fast ... change it back
    Many asymmetrical formations, as if they were put in the field by a child.

It's a bad view.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast