Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Cup draw logic

Rookie

Cup draw logic

Hi everyone,

today I checked the new season draw and got shocked. In the next round I will face the team 44 percent stronger than I am.

I should note I am very active in this game, I have been playing for more than 2 years, I play every day, I develop my team, I never cheat, I never manipulate anything, I never use any exploits, I never tank. Why? Because I want to win playing fair - I want to have better tactics, better formation, better orders, better players, I simply want to be better manager than the others. I dont want to have a famouse victory after I manipulate something.

I also invest some real money - not much, but continuously have purchased a monthly card. Everything I do is aimed at increasing my chances to win. Then I come and see I will be out of one of competitions in the very beginning of the season because they put me against tanker who is 44 percent strogner.

Usualy I have very positive attitude - I read the forum regularly and have seen tons of negativism here regarding things in the past - new auction system, changes in training, bugs in new versions etc. etc. I never submitted a single negative post - because I always believe the game is great and the changes always have some good and positive points and reasons.

But the situation when the game kicks me of the competition without any single chance for me, and the situation when the game is not able to deal with cheaters and simply let them win over managers like myself, frustrates me extremely. What is the reason to be here? What is the reason to spend resources (time, money) and have no chance at all?

My frustration is even higher because its the second season in a row like this - last season I won CL and league, but I was eliminated from the cup in a similar way - I lost against a much stronger team (almost 30 percent stronger) who was one level above. Again the similar question - what is the reason to put teams from above level against me when they are so much stronger? Why they dont play their level cup?

I will be happy to hear your experience. Is your draw usualy ok or do you face the similar problems and frustration?

I must admit that after 2 years of my positivism this time I am very negative. I truly have no idea why these things are happening and normal managers are punished this way.

Santa
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cup draw logic-screenshot_20180624-084849.jpg  
    Last edited by Santa1212; 06-24-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    Siddas and Stefanakis like this.

Famous
    Yes you are effectively being punished for achieving success. Yes this is normal. You've read the forum so you'll know that there is a way to avoid this. How you play your team is your decision, but if you play "fair" or true to the real world, you will suffer +1 level cup draws. And so you'll come up against players like this.
    There must be money (or the possibility of money) for Nordeus to let this continue? Perhaps the hope is you'll spend in order to compete? Perhaps it's just too complicated for them to make draws where all teams are the same level?
    Whatever the reasons, Nordeus seem to be in no rush to change their system.
    So you play "fair", and suffer?
    Or beat the system?

Famous
    I lost to a super tanker last season in cl. Obviously he put out a number of other teams to win his cheap cl title. Basically there are a number of these teams out there and they will play someone each season. You've just been unlucky and drawn the short straw. Wont be just you. It will be his next opponent and the one after. Every user in your cup has had their treble dream crushed on day 1. Not a good feeling and damaging to the game.This sort of abusive tanking needs to stop imo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Santa1212 View Post
    Hi everyone,

today I checked the new season draw and got shocked. In the next round I will face the team 44 percent stronger than I am.

I should note I am very active in this game, I have been playing for more than 2 years, I play every day, I develop my team, I never cheat, I never manipulate anything, I never use any exploits, I never tank. Why? Because I want to win playing fair - I want to have better tactics, better formation, better orders, better players, I simply want to be better manager than the others. I dont want to have a famouse victory after I manipulate something.

I also invest some real money - not much, but continuously have purchased a monthly card. Everything I do is aimed at increasing my chances to win. Then I come and see I will be out of one of competitions in the very beginning of the season because they put me against tanker who is 44 percent strogner.

Usualy I have very positive attitude - I read the forum regularly and have seen tons of negativism here regarding things in the past - new auction system, changes in training, bugs in new versions etc. etc. I never submitted a single negative post - because I always believe the game is great and the changes always have some good and positive points and reasons.

But the situation when the game kicks me of the competition without any single chance for me, and the situation when the game is not able to deal with cheaters and simply let them win over managers like myself, frustrates me extremely. What is the reason to be here? What is the reason to spend resources (time, money) and have no chance at all?

My frustration is even higher because its the second season in a row like this - last season I won CL and league, but I was eliminated from the cup in a similar way - I lost against a much stronger team (almost 30 percent stronger) who was one level above. Again the similar question - what is the reason to put teams from above level against me when they are so much stronger? Why they dont play their level cup?

I will be happy to hear your experience. Is your draw usualy ok or do you face the similar problems and frustration?

I must admit that after 2 years of my positivism this time I am very negative. I truly have no idea why these things are happening and normal managers are punished this way.

Santa
    Exactly the same for me, played every day 5 years , monthly card too and this!! I'm fuming and Totally let down by top 11

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It is posible that u are in the top server in both cases?

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    Yes you are effectively being punished for achieving success. Yes this is normal. You've read the forum so you'll know that there is a way to avoid this. How you play your team is your decision, but if you play "fair" or true to the real world, you will suffer +1 level cup draws. And so you'll come up against players like this.
    There must be money (or the possibility of money) for Nordeus to let this continue? Perhaps the hope is you'll spend in order to compete? Perhaps it's just too complicated for them to make draws where all teams are the same level?
    Whatever the reasons, Nordeus seem to be in no rush to change their system.
    So you play "fair", and suffer?
    Or beat the system?
    I don't believe in cheating or exploiting. I am a very principled person. However after suffering +1 draws for a year and a half I took the decision to dump my subs and have a weaker final squad pre draw for new season. I feel at peace with myself as I see the +1 draws as unfair and are a punishment for doing well. The game wants to "challenge" you and expects you to spend money to do so;

1. Higher level opponents have access to a stronger transfer market. 119% relative auctions and 139% recommended.

2. Their players will be 1 less star shown to them and therefore the same relative player will train faster for the +1 team.

It doesn't always seem to work. I failed this season and have +1 draws. In cl I started 107% with 3 +1 group opponents. 2 of these around same % as me. 1 has alteady improved to 112% day 1. For me to improve 5% in 1 day would take a lot of green burning. For my opponent a couple of players on auctions which I cannot see and much lower greens. He could improve another 5% relatively easily and I will be way behind. For me to add 10% much harder. System is a joke. It's like man Utd being able to sign premier league players and man city being told you can only buy from championship. And man Utd have world class coaches to train players while man city use lower standard coach. Just plain stupid!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    wobblybassdub and Siddas like this.

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    It is posible that u are in the top server in both cases?
    How do I find out? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by wobblybassdub View Post
    How do I find out? Thanks in advance

Check out the Cup, and look if there are rivals of better level.

Too check them once the League draws are made to know if some teams are in higher level leagues.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Check out the Cup, and look if there are rivals of better level.

Too check them once the League draws are made to know if some teams are in higher level leagues.
    i'm hoping the league draws were already made or I've probably just screwed myself adding 3 international players and buying a couple of others
    khris and Santa1212 like this.

I don't understand players who saying that they don't manipulate, they do not tank, no ...
    and then they 're moaning about their opponents and the draw.
    That's the way the game works .
    Try to adapt some tactics pal.
    At least in Top 11 you have a chance.
    In real football what chance has Athletic Bilbao playing every season against Real or Barca ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast