Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: The Joy of Tanking

Dreamer
    I dont care what others have to say ..... I am tanking July and August, I want to have HOLIDAYS after all and not to be hooked with my game all the time. Its sunny, I am going to travel, I am going to enjoy it while it lasts, my poor XI can play whatever they want..... Its my choice to make a pause during the sujmer as summer is sooooo nice
    USARABAT and Cope King like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrowka View Post
    I dont care what others have to say ..... I am tanking July and August, I want to have HOLIDAYS after all and not to be hooked with my game all the time. Its sunny, I am going to travel, I am going to enjoy it while it lasts, my poor XI can play whatever they want..... Its my choice to make a pause during the sujmer as summer is sooooo nice
    Just leave your team for 2 months. Don't touch it. That's not tanking. Using a break to gain an advantage or mess with league integrity is not taking a break.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrowka View Post
    Also "i don't care" hits the problem of tanking in 3 words.

In life we should be able to judge the situation and adapt. I have had many threats in the past about what you guys (roger and siddas) are basically saying. This should be a game where efforts should be rewarded, but it is not like that. Think about it even if tanking is removed we will still have the problem of ''Token buyers'' who are winning by spending money. Then you miss the whole point of TE, a free to play mobile game that will not really make you a manager but tries to make a profit like any other mobile game. The magic of the game dies after 6 months of playing, when you understand the engine and see the results tend to be predetermined in a particular setting, like when you have tankers or manipulators. You can try to beat them with the engine against you, or you can adapt. I am not saying any of this situations are fun, but at leat you have a choice.
    madflo19 likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    In life we should be able to judge the situation and adapt. I have had many threats in the past about what you guys (roger and siddas) are basically saying. This should be a game where efforts should be rewarded, but it is not like that. Think about it even if tanking is removed we will still have the problem of ''Token buyers'' who are winning by spending money. Then you miss the whole point of TE, a free to play mobile game that will not really make you a manager but tries to make a profit like any other mobile game. The magic of the game dies after 6 months of playing, when you understand the engine and see the results tend to be predetermined in a particular setting, like when you have tankers or manipulators. You can try to beat them with the engine against you, or you can adapt. I am not saying any of this situations are fun, but at leat you have a choice.
    I have continually adapted and learned. Their is a lot of helpful advice on here (niko and khris excellent in this regard). I guess many of us carried on playing with the obvious problems in the game in the vain hope that one of the many suggestions would improve matters. Frustratingly that day never seems to come in TEland and having accepted that and the fact I am coming up against a brick wall I shall probably be best adviced to remove the frustration altogether and move on in the near future.

Famous
    If someone do not have the time to play...oke no problem just do not play anything then and come back in 2 seasons after the holiday and buitl your team again.. easy

Now to avoid abuse by the tankers the only option I see is to make it not profitable for them.....
    That is my feeling the only way.....

1) Put token prices on the top 8 of the Leagua.... #1 100 Tokens, #2 90 Tokens, #3 80 Tokens , #4 70 Tokens, #5 40 Tokens, #6 30 Tokens, #7 20 Tokens, #8 10 Tokens.

2) All teams lose 20% of quality with a bottom cap of 40% quality , you can not go lower than that... So that i someone take a long break his/here team is still there.

3) The draw for any competion should be made with the best 11 players in quality of the team...

4) Prices in Association games at the end of the season should given full only to members who stayed 4 weeks in the asso and the other should have less.
    For example for Platinum.. 100 tokens.. so if you play 1 week you should get 25 tokens (1/4 of the price), play 2 weeks 50 tokens (1/2 of the price), play 3 weeks 75
    tokens (3/4 of the price)

Hope Nordeus start to listen to the players who enjoy to play this not to crush other teams in cup matches for example.....
    rogerniceguy, dave1311 and skrrr like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by USARABAT View Post
    Tanking is not a problem, tanking is a choice ....

The problem is the DRAW SYSTEM
    which can be currently manipulated . This can be solved by:
    1- taking the average of the ALL players in the squad before each competition and not only the first 14 players.
    2- applying a new rule: prohibiting the renewal of players contracts who are below 60 % for example.

Now let's talk about the benefits of tanking :

A- Having the best players in Level XX which makes the tanker in reality the King or Lord of Level XX at Server YY and probably in the entire server if the manager was a hard smart trainer ...

B- The great opportunity of winning the cup every month by crushing all your opponents.

C- Who cares about the league and CL titles and who cares about promoting one level each month ??? the game doesn't have an end .... and there is no tokens and rests reward for winning such trophies except worthless money

D- SAVING TOKENS and RESTS : Tankers don't need to buy players every couple of seasons since their players won't lose - 20 % for promoting one level ... they can save around 800 rests every season and between 50 to 200 tokens per month from daily appearances, association level, and selling players which can be used after a while to build another monster team....

E- If his 6 colleagues followed the same tanking strategy , they can get their association to platinum and even top 100.

F- Tankers decrease the profits of Nordeus ( no need for spending tokens and rests every season )

G- Tankers can easily win triple crown ( league - CL- cup) if they decide to promote once every 4 seasons.

Don't you want to be a tanker ?

P.S. I am in level 40 and I NEVER TANKED.
    Thanks for sharing !

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    If someone do not have the time to play...oke no problem just do not play anything then and come back in 2 seasons after the holiday and buitl your team again.. easy

Now to avoid abuse by the tankers the only option I see is to make it not profitable for them.....
    That is my feeling the only way.....

1) Put token prices on the top 8 of the Leagua.... #1 100 Tokens, #2 90 Tokens, #3 80 Tokens , #4 70 Tokens, #5 40 Tokens, #6 30 Tokens, #7 20 Tokens, #8 10 Tokens.

2) All teams lose 20% of quality with a bottom cap of 40% quality , you can not go lower than that... So that i someone take a long break his/here team is still there.

3) The draw for any competion should be made with the best 11 players in quality of the team...

4) Prices in Association games at the end of the season should given full only to members who stayed 4 weeks in the asso and the other should have less.
    For example for Platinum.. 100 tokens.. so if you play 1 week you should get 25 tokens (1/4 of the price), play 2 weeks 50 tokens (1/2 of the price), play 3 weeks 75
    tokens (3/4 of the price)

Hope Nordeus start to listen to the players who enjoy to play this not to crush other teams in cup matches for example.....
    Agree with a lot of this. Can't see it happening sadly.

maloukees likes this.

Famous
    Interesting article here;

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article...fference-colts

I would say tanking is generally an issue in sports where the system is set up to reward failure as is the case with the TE system.

Altiplano and USARABAT like this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerniceguy View Post
    Interesting article here;

Rebuilding vs. tanking: What's the difference? | Sports on Earth

I would say tanking is generally an issue in sports where the system is set up to reward failure as is the case with the TE system.

Good read that.
    dave1311 likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast