Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Does anybody think we can influence the game? (part 2) Let's make some experiments.

Cool Does anybody think we can influence the game? (part 2) Let's make some experiments.

Hi, you can read how I reached to this in the first part of the thread.

Yesterday I started experiments to prove that we influence or not influence the game.
    I was already eliminated from CL and cup, thanks to an unexplainable against lower unattended teams. Today it was the last game. Me 72%, (using only subs), him 32%. The game started as always when the engine define that you will draw, you attack and attack with only aimless shots against a team that surprisely has the fastest defense. The score finished 0-0 after 45. Then on the second half, I changed dramatically the formation aiming to loose, MCs to DCs, DR to AMR, ST to DMC, and viceversa. Nothing changed, and I draw 1-1. I'll do more experiments and put here the results, if this happens frequently, then my theory it's true: Top eleven make us believe that we influence the game but we don't.

If anybody wants to follow me with these experiments, you're free to post.

See you around!
    pele likes this.

I haven’t done any experiments yet but I’m afraid that you are right.
    I think that the outcome of a game/season is already fixed before it starts. The number of games I lose against weaker opponents is just ridiculous.
    buzzards and pele like this.

Rookie
    Here we go again...

Not to make it a spam tho...you do influence a game if you want to prove it pick inactive player who is somewhat around your skill level and play 200-300 friendlies with him
    In 100 just schedule them and dont do anything...dont even watch them
    In next 100 watch them all and do the same changes everygame like changing same things at same time(halftime)
    And than compare results...
    Actually dont change anything just watch games and click bonuses

If you want changes do the 3rd 100 games with watching +making changes ...you could be doing bad changes and that would bring the result close to first 100 matches sample...

Even 100 matches per sample might be low sample but probably enaugh big to see the difference by luck factor being put on minimum...
    Last edited by Mitja fc; 08-31-2018 at 10:13 PM.
    Rutger0 likes this.

The match scenario is decided before the match starts when you can't do more changes in the squad.... and yes, it is influenciable inside some predetermined parameters.
    The scenario determines the impact of all players 11+subs and different positions/lines and orders of dominance inside the match and of course the scenario can be in "absolute favour of the other team" and then we can perfectly see that despite change all the mentalities, focus right, focus left, focus centre and sub' it is against us for a poor rating of chances in our favour by default.

This is for you @khris as you love the game scenario xD
    1st leg SL,i lost 2-0 away(i didn't want to go through as this comp. is disturbing my friendlies lol) no one was watching ,i had only 3 strong players in,the rest were low star and exhausted.
    2nd leg i had my best players in,but i didn't watch the match again,i just wanted to see what will happen, my oppo was there.
    I won 4-2,scored 2 goals in the first 5 minutes lol
    The game give me 2pk's,2 oppo players sent off in the 1st half but boosted oppo gk and his team efficiency.
    This was really a nice scenario hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by madflo19; 09-01-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    khris likes this.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

Quote Originally Posted by madflo19 View Post
    This is for you @khris as you love the game scenario xD
    1st leg SL,i lost 2-0 away(i didn't want to go through as this comp. is disturbing my friendlies lol) no one was watching ,i had only 3 strong players in,the rest were low star and exhausted.
    2nd leg i had my best players in,but i didn't watch the match again,i just wanted to see what will happen, my oppo was there.
    I won 4-2,scored 2 goals in the first 5 minutes lol
    The game give me 2pk's,2 oppo players sent off in the 1st half but boosted oppo gk and his team efficiency.
    This was really a nice scenario hahaha

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    You know very well that the red cards cause a hole in the assignation of the 1vs1's and this happens since years ago.. xD and this situation reflect the starting thesis of ..2014?? that said red card = oppo' score double... all ar e double things, double positions, doble names in chat, doube subs and this should be the 1st double thing never known lol

There have been situations where I've made a key tactical change and the match has turned on its head, for example changing to through the middle instead of down the flanks, or short instead of long/mixed passing. So I have little belief in the 'the match is predetermined' theory.

I think it's more a set of stages where there's an electronic die roll or coin toss, and a series of poor rolls or tosses means the match slowly runs away from you. Conversely, a poor start and a series of good rolls or tosses means that a the match turns around on its own. Any tactical/personnel changes made by the manager who is present produces a 'modifier' to the die roll or coin toss to make various situations less or more likely, thus influencing the course of the match. This theory is boosted by the extended pauses I've noticed in the matchplay at around the 28th, 51st and 81st minutes, when the game seems to be 'thinking' before processing the next part of the match.

The 'Troll' result, the incidence of poor-Q 'away' teams winning Cup/CL Finals and my particular bugbear, the 6th Round CL Group match 'shock result' can be put down to an underlying bug in the match setup, maybe a '-' instead of a '+' (or vice versa) in the match setup routine, which gives the managerless poor-Q team an artificial boost when the match starts, which is then exacerbated by poor die rolls or coin tosses during the match.

Discuss...
    Last edited by talisman; 09-01-2018 at 05:31 PM.
    maloukees likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    There have been situations where I've made a key tactical change and the match has turned on its head, for example changing to through the middle instead of down the flanks, or short instead of long/mixed passing. So I have little belief in the 'the match is predetermined' theory.

I think it's more a set of stages where there's an electronic die roll or coin toss, and a series of poor rolls or tosses means the match slowly runs away from you. Conversely, a poor start and a series of good rolls or tosses means that a the match turns around on its own. Any tactical/personnel changes made by the manager who is present produces a 'modifier' to the die roll or coin toss to make various situations less or more likely, thus influencing the course of the match. This theory is boosted by the extended pauses I've noticed in the matchplay at around the 28th, 51st and 81st minutes, when the game seems to be 'thinking' before processing the next part of the match.

The 'Troll' result, the incidence of poor-Q 'away' teams winning Cup/CL Finals and my particular bugbear, the 6th Round CL Group match 'shock result' can be put down to an underlying bug in the match setup, maybe a '-' instead of a '+' (or vice versa) in the match setup routine, which gives the managerless poor-Q team an artificial boost when the match starts, which is then exacerbated by poor die rolls or coin tosses during the match.

Discuss...
    you don't have an away team in a cup final as it is at a neutral venue

I like it when my opponent starts on the front foot but doesn't score, if you weather an early storm the match nearly always turns around in your favour

Quote Originally Posted by Reece p FC View Post
    you don't have an away team in a cup final as it is at a neutral venue

I like it when my opponent starts on the front foot but doesn't score, if you weather an early storm the match nearly always turns around in your favour
    Is that all you can come up with? Why do you think I put the 'away in quote marks? I know it's a neutral venue, the 'away' team in this case is the one that cones from the bottom half of the draw and is in the bottom slot in the final grid. But I guess you didn't know that...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    Is that all you can come up with? Why do you think I put the 'away in quote marks? I know it's a neutral venue, the 'away' team in this case is the one that cones from the bottom half of the draw and is in the bottom slot in the final grid. But I guess you didn't know that...
    no that wasn't all, there was a 2nd sentence there.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast