Page 149 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    Btw, good luck against Takis! Hopefully you don't get kicked in the a** as I did against FC Kula.
    LEAGUE ROUND 15

July Fourth 3-0 Takis FC

July Fourth 112.2 4-3W-1-2 - Takis 108.0 3-5-2 flat

As a bit of natural state of mind kicks in before a game like this, even though July Fourth seemed to be in control of the league going into the tough fixture against Takis today, there was always going to be some tension, but I'm afraid if your going to play us when Papaleo is in-form then you are simply not going to win here... Takis had the best of the exchanges in the opening few minutes before Miku messed up our first chance of the game, July Fourth begin to take control quite quickly and Takis defending today in all honesty was quite poor as they kept putting everything out for corners and this help our cause as our first goal to take the lead came from a Michu corner for Papaleo to header us into the lead, Takis in all honestly lacked ideas and Cardei never really got a clear chance to score in the match as Ramirez and Hogan worked well on the right and left side of defence.

As the second half begun, we made one change, Kareski on for Mensah since Kareski seems to work hard a create things for us... Immediately we got on the attack and once again the Takis defence put it out for a corner, upsteps Michu and McNamara heads it in for 2-0, our next chance was Miku getting a shot on target but it only to be blocked by SNEIJDER, then Papaleo managed to beat a couple of defenders and fire it low and score and effectively kill this off as a contest, Takis basically finished the game how they been playing it and that was just to put everything out for a corner, there was to be no more goals from July Fourth and Takis in all honesty never looked in the game at any time except from the very beginning when they had their best chances to score, It finished 3-0 but it could of been more if Novotny's corner in the last minute had been more accurate.

Goals: Papaleo (15,63) L.McNamara (48) MOTM: Papaleo.
    Ljepoje, dv8r and magic3 like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Just noticed that Orchard Utd got "trolled" by this team, ended in a draw (league)....

Anyway, I was thinking of changing the kick off time for tomorrow . I noticed that he has a 30min gap (probably playing a league game) .What do you think? Should I change it or wait until 23:43CET?

July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post

LEAGUE ROUND 15

July Fourth 3-0 Takis FC

July Fourth 112.2 4-3W-1-2 - Takis 108.0 3-5-2 flat

As a bit of natural state of mind kicks in before a game like this, even though July Fourth seemed to be in control of the league going into the tough fixture against Takis today, there was always going to be some tension, but I'm afraid if your going to play us when Papaleo is in-form then you are simply not going to win here... Takis had the best of the exchanges in the opening few minutes before Miku messed up our first chance of the game, July Fourth begin to take control quite quickly and Takis defending today in all honesty was quite poor as they kept putting everything out for corners and this help our cause as our first goal to take the lead came from a Michu corner for Papaleo to header us into the lead, Takis in all honestly lacked ideas and Cardei never really got a clear chance to score in the match as Ramirez and Hogan worked well on the right and left side of defence.

As the second half begun, we made one change, Kareski on for Mensah since Kareski seems to work hard a create things for us... Immediately we got on the attack and once again the Takis defence put it out for a corner, upsteps Michu and McNamara heads it in for 2-0, our next chance was Miku getting a shot on target but it only to be blocked by SNEIJDER, then Papaleo managed to beat a couple of defenders and fire it low and score and effectively kill this off as a contest, Takis basically finished the game how they been playing it and that was just to put everything out for a corner, there was to be no more goals from July Fourth and Takis in all honesty never looked in the game at any time except from the very beginning when they had their best chances to score, It finished 3-0 but it could of been more if Novotny's corner in the last minute had been more accurate.

Goals: Papaleo (15,63) L.McNamara (48) MOTM: Papaleo.
    I see you manage fine, nice! ... Perhaps you could get the opportunity to secure and get a grip on the league table, since the "battle" for a 2nd/3rd place is between Takis vs Mehmet? ... I just hope that Iztik Yan losses or gets another draw, then the battle would be between FC Kula and Iztik Yan

Anyway, our friends "ZEO Team" just got eliminated from the CL after they got beat by FC Beautville at home, 0 - 1! Things just got more complicated and went unexpected for our friends as well ... Luckily we got an "easier" draw
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Just noticed that Orchard Utd got "trolled" by this team, ended in a draw (league)....

Anyway, I was thinking of changing the kick off time for tomorrow . I noticed that he has a 30min gap (probably playing a league game) .What do you think? Should I change it or wait until 23:43CET?

ahh.... The dv8r trick... Well its fair play and you have right of being the home team to reschedule the match so there is nothing wrong in doing this. I'd say re-arrange game time.

Our 2nd loss for the season (both in league).... We started of with the traditionally 4-2N-2W-2 but nothing, instead we conceded a goal. Then the last 35minutes, I replaced Srna (DR/DMR) with Ljajić (MC) and Jovetić (ST) with Mandžukić (ST), playing a 3W-3N-2W-2 formation to put pressure, but nothing. Possesion: 65% vs 35% (he wasn't present)... Normally I beat him 3 of 4 times (same formation, same line-up), but today wasn't that day.

This makes it: 1.Balkan Boyz 39p, 2.FC Kula 36p and 3.Iztik Yan at 34p (with one game less played).... fu*ky fu*ky league for a fu*ky fu*ky league trophy.. Seems that we have to "work" harder to get a league trophy, then a CL or CUP trophy... And the funny thing is that everytime we seem to get a +4 point or +6point gap in the league, we lose the next game and the sh*t race starts all over game, hunt or be hunted....

I noticed that AMR and AML don't count as midfielders in the balance count, so basically he had 5 mids vs your 2 and let's say half each AM. That's why you should have MR/AMR and ML/AML roles in your wingers as to be able to cover up and switch to a more offensive setup (am) when needed. 4-1-4-1 seems to be a legit defensive formation able to counter the balanced 4-4-2's forms (ND, WD, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-1-3-2).

Still is loudicrous that a 7,5* avg team couldn't score home against a weaker opponent. Seems like my match yesterday in which i won 2-1 but was down untill minute 60'. And he was WAY weaker than your fc kula opponent.
    Ljepoje likes this.

ahh.... The dv8r trick... Well its fair play and you have right of being the home team to reschedule the match so there is nothing wrong in doing this. I'd say re-arrange game time.
    Haha, yeah - the @Dv8r trick! ... I don't mind playing 23:43CET, since I have a league game at 14:43CET and could use the time to "rest" a couple of players. But I was thinking, since he is +6hours ahead (timezone) it will be 05:43PTH for him, but If I change it to 18:30CET or say 20:3CET it will be 00:30PTH or 02:30PTH for him and perhaps he will be in bed at that time?

Or should I be and remain a sportsman and take it as it already is, perhaps he will not be preent at 05:43PTH after all? I still have a 1 - 3 advantage + playing at home...
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

I see you manage fine, nice! ... Perhaps you could get the opportunity to secure and get a grip on the league table, since the "battle" for a 2nd/3rd place is between Takis vs Mehmet? ... I just hope that Iztik Yan losses or gets another draw, then the battle would be between FC Kula and Iztik Yan

Anyway, our friends "ZEO Team" just got eliminated from the CL after they got beat by FC Beautville at home, 0 - 1! Things just got more complicated and went unexpected for our friends as well ... Luckily we got an "easier" draw
    You would imagine that the race in my league now is the race for 2nd...

As the bookies would put... "Betting without July Fourth"

Takis 11/8
    Mehmet 2/1
    dersim 7/2
    Steauaa 8/1
    Navoski 14/1
    Chelsea 16/1
    Any Other 33/1

Table:
    July Fourth 11-4-0 +29 37
    Mehmet 10-0-5 +9 30
    Takis 8-3-4 +10 27
    dersim 8-1-5 +4 25 (Game in hand)
    -----------------------------------
    Navoski 7-3-5 +3 24
    steauaa 7-3-4 -2 24 (Game in hand)
    Chelsea 6-3-5 +10 21(Game in hand)

Anything can still happen, but in all honesty its a race for 2nd as the other teams just seem to beat each other, but we got to keep our guard up for the rest of the season, but at least we can prioritise the Champions League more now, but tonight in our CL last 16 game, I'm fielding a lot of subs/reserve players since we lead 6-1.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-21-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    I noticed that AMR and AML don't count as midfielders in the balance count, so basically he had 5 mids vs your 2 and let's say half each AM. That's why you should have MR/AMR and ML/AML roles in your wingers as to be able to cover up and switch to a more offensive setup (am) when needed. 4-1-4-1 seems to be a legit defensive formation able to counter the balanced 4-4-2's forms (ND, WD, 4-2-2-2, 4-3-1-2, 4-1-3-2).

Still is loudicrous that a 7,5* avg team couldn't score home against a weaker opponent. Seems like my match yesterday in which i won 2-1 but was down untill minute 60'. And he was WAY weaker than your fc kula opponent.
    That could be the true, but then again - I beat him in our first meeting this season with 1 - 3 (despite, beeing one man down) + beat him last season in the league + chrused him in the CL final with 0 - 5 with same line-up + formation.

I think he just "got" lucky this time. But the funniest part was that Vidić and Srna created far more chances the Jovetić,Džeko and Olić: together! Vidić had 2x header and Srna a one-on-one opportunity, both saved by his 6* keeper.... ... Olić and Sušic got their first 6rate as well, they have never been bad as today.

Ah, just forget and move on. The CL and CUP tournaments are far more important for us that the crappy league
    Morgan O'Bree likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...

Haha, yeah - the @Dv8r trick! ... I don't mind playing 23:43CET, since I have a league game at 14:43CET and could use the time to "rest" a couple of players. But I was thinking, since he is +6hours ahead (timezone) it will be 05:43PTH for him, but If I change it to 18:30CET or say 20:3CET it will be 00:30PTH or 02:30PTH for him and perhaps he will be in bed at that time?

Or should I be and remain a sportsman and take it as it already is, perhaps he will not be preent at 05:43PTH after all? I still have a 1 - 3 advantage + playing at home...
    Well If you think your team is good enough and your happy with the current kick-off time, then just leave it as it is.
    Ljepoje likes this.

You would imagine that the race in my league now is the race for 2nd...

As the bookies would put... "Betting without July Fourth"

Takis 11/8
    Mehmet 2/1
    dersim 7/2
    Steauaa 8/1
    Navoski 14/1
    Chelsea 16/1
    Any Other 33/1

Table:
    July Fourth 11-4-0 +29 37
    Mehmet 10-0-5 +9 30
    Takis 8-3-4 +10 27
    dersim 8-1-5 +4 25 (Game in hand)
    -----------------------------------
    Navoski 7-3-5 +3 24
    steauaa 7-3-4 -2 24 (Game in hand)
    Chelsea 6-3-5 +10 21(Game in hand)

Anything can still happen, but in all honesty its a race for 2nd as the other teams just seem to beat each other, but we got to keep our guard up for the rest of the season, but at least we can prioritise the Champions League more now, but tonight in our CL last 16 game, I'm fielding a lot of subs/reserve players since we lead 6-1.

Yeah, I think a +7point lead is more then "enough". You're almost in the same seat as @Morgan O'Bree with his +10p. But it is as you said, never for "certain". It was bumpy in the beginning and could end bumpy as well, both I think you will do fine since you already played both and got a good result. I only have the game against "Iztik Yan" away as my biggest obstacle, the rest are more or less "easy buisness". But the race for the 2nd and 3rd place in your leauge will be interesting to follow as Mehmet is haunted, and Takis hunting.

I'm playing all of my bench+reservers tonight as well. Already completed the x3 training sessions on my 1th line up and put them on rest until tomorrow. No use of using them since we have a 1 - 8 result from the 1th leg.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...