Page 147 of 227 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Won 5-0 today against the 7th of the league. Still leader, best attack, best defense, 5pts ahead the 2nd and 7pts ahead the 3rd.

Apprentice
    Todays league game was an easy 4-0, tomorrow is going to be the decisive game in the CL best 16 (1-1 in away game against a weak team, horrible luck, I really have to win this now, going narrow diamond against 4-4-2 classic)

no further injuries

edit: just looked up tomorrows league game, opponent is playing ultra-defensive 5-2dmc-2w-1, with his striker only being 2 stars since his main striker is suspended. I guess Im going to play some kind of 3n-5-2, since I only have 2 strikers myself...

edit2: place 3 and 4 drew, falling further back... but league seems to be almost in the bag anyway with an 8 points lead on 2 and no team of dangerous quality.
    Last edited by Bermudo; 05-20-2013 at 08:55 PM.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Monday. Day 16.

LEAGUE: Match 14. LONDON CITY (73.3) v PHETCHANA FC (59.6)

Result: LONDON 3-0 PHETCHANA
    Goals: Scully 39, Andersson 43, Duggan 70
    M.o.M: Percy Robins

Let's just say that this was a frustrating win, against the bottom team in our league. We were so much on top throughout, but it took us until almost halftime to get in front. Eventually, Jon Scully put home a header from a corner by Andreas Costa. Stig Andersson quickly followed up with our second, direct from a free kick. After the break, it was more of the same frustration, until Phetchana's, Ryan Davie was red carded for his second bookable offence and within a minute, Terry Duggan managed to work his way through the visiting defence to finish the scoring.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS:
    Legends 3-4 Shileno, Tongfang 1-3 Lalas, Minh 4-1 Yakuza, Jeleznik 0-3 Kukula, Real 3-0 Danis, Olmpiakos 0-4 Alcudia.

TEAM TALK.

Our league is still so tight, with City equal top with minh, and Alcudia just a point behind. When our match kicked off, we were actually 3rd, as Alcudia had won their early match and had gone top by 2 points. It was then a surprise to me that during our match, that the manager of Alcudia not only came to watch the game, but he even SUPPORTED my team.

Tomorrow we play away in Georgia (first visit there), against Kukula FC, who are currently 7th. Our CL game tomorrow night will be a tense affair, with so little in quality between our two teams. We do have the slight advantage of going into the game with a 1-0 lead, and an important away goal.
    July Fourth, dv8r and Ljepoje like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

The guy who knocked me in the cup gets owned 1-3 at home. Serves him right for being so damn lucky this whole competition! I don't feel sorry for him. I swear if he wins the 2nd leg 3-0.. lol
    Raykco likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    The guy who knocked me in the cup gets owned 1-3 at home. Serves him right for being so damn lucky this whole competition! I don't feel sorry for him. I swear if he wins the 2nd leg 3-0.. lol
    Lol... That made me look at the cup draw with teams that are remaining in the competition, there is a team with 7*/8* players that is 2nd in LEVEL 20 with a quality of 116.8 still in the cup, how is a team of L18 and 112.2 quality supposed to compete against that??? red star (the L19 team that knocked us out in the preliminary round) survived until the last 16.
    Raykco likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    Been a little while since my last update, but like the others, I don't really have the time to go into full detail.

As a whole, my team have gone into a bit of a scoring habit the last couple of games, scoring 13 in 3 and conceding the 1 goal.

First up was the League game yesterday away to Andcis FC, who started the season strongly, but have started to slide away recently. This result will not have helped them:

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-20-22.40.58.jpg

While the result was emphatic, it was very disappointing to concede a goal against a 2* ST that somehow got clear of a 4 man defence that consisted of a 5*, two 6* and a 7* defence. Still, it was only the 6th goal conceded this season and didn't matter in the end.

The next match a couple of hours later on Sunday was away against Blood Elf United in the CL. There is a good quality gap between us (Q10 in my favour), so was hoping for a good result to take back home. However, I didn't expect this:

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-20-22.46.07.jpg

Bar an absolute disaster at home in the 2nd leg, I should be through comfortably.

The final update for today is an away League game against PSM KAKASSAR who I beat 3-0 at home at the beginning of the season. The reverse fixture was a better result, but also gave me my first injury for some time:

Season 40-screen-shot-2013-05-20-22.51.07.jpg

Gussago was out for 4 days, but a little bit of healing has lowered it to a day, so should be back for tomorrow's games.

Tomorrow sees me at home for both games, the first of which is a very important League game against AC LaPili, who are my cloest rival in the League (even if they are 7 points behind at the moment). After a very close 3-2 victory for me (which could have been a draw after their striker missed a one on one chance in the final moment of that game) in the first game, I will be putting out my strongest available team for this, but only because my second game is pretty much in the bag already (the 2nd leg match at home against Blood Elf United in the CL, of which I already hold a 5-0 away advantage over).

End of update.
    Last edited by Bluebird Hewitt; 05-21-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Mistakes changed
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Breaking News - Result Just In...

Takis 2-2 Chelsea. Takis draw at home from being in trouble being 2-0 down with only 10 men but this is a result that see's them fall further behind us in the title race, July Fourth are now 7 points ahead of BOTH Takis and Mehmet.

Table:
    July Fourth 10-4-0 +26 34
    Takis 8-3-3 +13 27
    Mehmet 9-0-5 +5 27
    dersim 8-1-5 +4 25

Title Odds: July Fourth 1/16, Takis 12/1, Mehmet 25/1, dersim 50/1, Any Other Team 100/1.

July Fourth go into tomorrows big game at home against Takis in what is considered now a comfortable position in the league table with still 12 games to play. A July Fourth win tomorrow and the bookies will be suspending betting on the league winner in our league this season, However a Takis win will blow it open again but July Fourth will still be odds-on favourites to win the league but it will be tough to see out the remainder of the league season and a draw could allow Mehmet and dersim to get a little closer to us while maintaining status quo with Takis in terms of how many points ahead of them we are.

July Fourth vs Takis FC Kicks-Off at 15.44 UTC+1 (UK Time tomorrow)
    I'd say you've got this now. Your rivals Takis and Mehmet slipped up a lot.
    July Fourth and Raykco like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 16 (Sz.5 - lvl5)

HEADLINE: T11 CUP Quarter-finals - Orchard Utd 1 - 3 Balkan Boyz, Manager -Ljepoje- hails historic win!

CUP: Orchard Utd (Q51) Formation: 4-2N-2W-2 >> 1 - 3 << Balkan Boyz (Q50,5) Formation: 3N-2W-2N-2W-1/4-2N-2W-2
    SCORERS: K.Harding (21min), S.Jovetić (57min.ass:E.Džeko), E.Džeko (64min) and (H.Salihamidžić.ass:E.Džeko)
    SUBS: D.Srna < > S.Jovetić A.Ljajić < > S.Sušić
    MOTM: Edin Džeko (rate:9)

The Balkan Boyz claimed a stunning 1 - 3 win and overcame their biggest opponent, Orchard Utd in the 1th leg of the T11 CUP Quarter-finals at "YNWA" stadium this Monday afternoon. The win was the Balkan Boyz first in the two meetings between the two sides, with the hosts leading throughout before putting the foot down to finish with a flourish 3 goal show and therefore keeping their semi-finals hopes alive. “We all knew that this would be a tough game, perhaps the toughest game as far as having to face Orchard Utd in the quarter-finals since they are a highly respectable opponent. This is probably one of the most important win in the Balkan Boyz T11 CUP history,” Manager -Ljepoje- said during a press conference this evening.

But it was Orchard Utd who went into halftime with a 1 - 0 lead before Stevan Jovetić equalized for the Balkan Boyz in the 57th minute. A couple of minutes later, Edin Džeko managed to put The Balkan Boyz ahead after a superb free-kick before assisting Hasan Salihamidžić to his 1 - 3 goal. Balkan Boyz had a great opportunity to equalize in the 39th minute to 1 - 1 when they were awarded a penalty kick, but GK Reina saved Salihamidžić's shoot. The home team were slightly better in the 1th half, as they managed to put The Balkan Boyz under considerable pressure. But an early tactical change and a substitution in the 2nd half changed the game completely, and The Balkan Boyz overtook the game more and more, creating goal-scoring opportunities that finally paid off.

Manager -Ljepoje- seemed satisfied with the performance of his team and in a short post-game interview he said,"Overall, I am quite satisfied with the way we played and won this important game. We played offensively attractive football and scored 3 goals, despite the flat performance the first 45 minutes. All of our players performed exceptionally well, both offensivly and defensivly. And our GK Asmir Begović did a splendid job and made two grat saves as they pushed forward the last quarter. I think we should be satisfied with what we accomplished, as a 1 - 3 result is more then a good result and I hope we can repeat the same game and performance as we did tonight on Wednesdays return.".

In other news, Balkan Boyz managed to beat the English team "London Hotspur" with 0 - 6 after goals by Edin Džeko (x1), Stevan Jovetić (x2), Lorik Cana (x1) and Mario Mandžukić (x2). A game in which Stevan Jovetić was declared as MoM (rate:9).The win means that Balkan Boyz holds onto first place with 39 points and are now 4points clear in front of the Israeli team "Iztik Yan" (34points) who managed to draw against "Scally United FC" (0-0) this evening. FC Kula hangs on at a 3rd place (33points) and Vanspor FC at a 4th place (26points). Balkan Boyz will play their rivals from Sarajevo tomorrow, "FC Kula" at home, the kickoff is set at 14:45CET. Later on that evening, Balkan Boyz are set to play the 2nd leg in the CL final-eight against the English team "AFC Powerlifting" at home. A game which has no big impact since The Balkan Boyz took a comfortably 1 - 8 win in the 1th leg and therefore secured a quarter-final spot. The kickoff is set at 20:36CET.

Over&Out!
    dv8r, Raykco and Chris Rath like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    I'd say you've got this now. Your rivals Takis and Mehmet slipped up a lot.
    Yeah... It's starting to look that way yes, we play Takis tomorrow and if we beat them that will put them out of it I would feel but yeah I think the quality difference and having six 7* players and a 9* player is starting to show why we are winning the league, take away those 7 higher quality players I hold then my team would be more comparable to Takis and Mehmet in terms of team quality and I would still be a good bet to win the league without those players just because of me being by far the most active manager in the league. I've had 60 greens saved up this afternoon and now I'm doing a bit of mini PT with it, I've brought Ramirez,Hogan and O'Sullivan all to 7*119 and will also bring Miku upto 9*127 before tomorrows game against Takis. I've played less friendlies this season because of the higher number of injuries I've had this season so far.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by Raykco View Post
    [COLOR="#000000"]TEAM TALK.

Our league is still so tight, with City equal top with minh, and Alcudia just a point behind. When our match kicked off, we were actually 3rd, as Alcudia had won their early match and had gone top by 2 points. It was then a surprise to me that during our match, that the manager of Alcudia not only came to watch the game, but he even SUPPORTED my team.

Tomorrow we play away in Georgia (first visit there), against Kukula FC, who are currently 7th. Our CL game tomorrow night will be a tense affair, with so little in quality between our two teams. We do have the slight advantage of going into the game with a 1-0 lead, and an important away goal.
    I experienced the same thing (or suffering) on lvl 3 and 4, having FC Kula and another two teams behind my back. Also, the CL was a "pain in the a**" last season since we faced the "best", while our final oppostion (FC Kula) faced much weaker opposition.

A crucial and perhaps a thing that could determine the outcome in the league are the goal difference. Every goal counts. Keep that in mind!
    Raykco likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________