Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    Earlier result

League, round 16 - Sultcsibek 0-8 Perfect Tactics
    Sultcsibek: 34.6, 4-1-3N-2
    Perfect Tactics: 56.5, 4-3N-2-1

In the early kick off today we destroyed Sultcsibek to keep our 8 point lead at the top of the table. Pistov with a first half hat trick sealing the deal and giving us the easy 3 points. There was also a goal for Nascimento and Petersen from long range strikes. Poncet finally got his first goal for Perfect Tactics after going through on goal and firing past the goalkeeper. Blomqvist added to a quiet 2nd half and from a corner, substitute Suarez scored making it 8-0 late on. We have now scored 100 league goals... Could we beat our previous record of 148 goals?

Goals: Pistov (5', 29', 33' HAT), Nascimento (11'), Poncet (13'), Petersen (34'), Blomqvist (74'), Suarez (86')
    MOTM: Pistov
    What I've noticed about Perfect Tactics is that there are now other players that are putting in the effort to power Perfect Tactics, such as Silly, Nascimento and Pistov rather than everything coming through Petersen this season, of course Petersen is still very effective but in future seasons its players like Silly, Nascimento and Pistov that need to drive Perfect Tactics forward as Petersen is beginning to fight the dreaded battle against time which eventually will see him lose out, but the "tanked season" due in the near future may spare him another season at Perfect Tactics that he may not of played. I can see you power training Petersen back to 7* once again at the start of next season, but the only problem here is he will need approximately 45 skill points to get back to 7* at the start of next season, It will be a difficult choice for you to make as Petersen advances in increasing age. Like wise I face a similar situation with Papaleo who only managed to improve to 7*116 this afternoon during a couple of friendlies I played with my team earlier. The hard part is that we both know what our players are capable of producing on the field compared to a like for like untried and untested replacement when players like Petersen and Papaleo cannot be replaced so easily.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Got hard time this evening VS my opponent, I hate his formation :

GK
    DR DC DC DL
    MC MC MC
    AMR AML
    ST

I scored first, then him twice, and I scored twice for winning the game 3-2. I am not experienced enough to fight every formation, so I tried on the feeling and did several changes.

I started with an offensive play in a standard 4-4-2, for finishing in a defensive play with this formation :

GK
    DR DC DC DL
    DMC
    MD MC MC ML
    ST

All defensive arrows on defenders + DMC, but I kept red arrows on my ST and the least tired midfielders.

Dunno if I done well, but I can thank the only thing that made me won : the level of my formation, because I was supposed to loose honestly.

Apprentice
    I won my league game against a weak team, but it was a close thing: one of my MCs made a foul, got a yellow, the free kick went in for 1-1. My AMR managed to score the goal for the 2-1 result in the 89th minute. That team is a kind of nemesis to me, theyre 13th in the league but theyre one of the 2 teams that managed to draw against me, despite bad ratings and manager not watching.

The yellow card hurts a bit because yesterday my 3rd MC was injured in training, Ill probably have to use some reds to speed his recovery or play with my 4th, low quality MC in my league game.

Injury count: 6 in games, 1 in training, total: 7

edit: what a friendly, my dmc got booked with 2 yellows and my punching ball team got an injured striker.. both teams set for "light tackling". Good that cards from friendlies dont carry over, but no fair play pack today.
    Last edited by Bermudo; 05-22-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    July Fourth and Raykco like this.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2

Addicted
    Yeah, I also hate it when I get booked in a friendly^^
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    What I've noticed about Perfect Tactics is that there are now other players that are putting in the effort to power Perfect Tactics, such as Silly, Nascimento and Pistov rather than everything coming through Petersen this season, of course Petersen is still very effective but in future seasons its players like Silly, Nascimento and Pistov that need to drive Perfect Tactics forward as Petersen is beginning to fight the dreaded battle against time which eventually will see him lose out, but the "tanked season" due in the near future may spare him another season at Perfect Tactics that he may not of played. I can see you power training Petersen back to 7* once again at the start of next season, but the only problem here is he will need approximately 45 skill points to get back to 7* at the start of next season, It will be a difficult choice for you to make as Petersen advances in increasing age. Like wise I face a similar situation with Papaleo who only managed to improve to 7*116 this afternoon during a couple of friendlies I played with my team earlier. The hard part is that we both know what our players are capable of producing on the field compared to a like for like untried and untested replacement when players like Petersen and Papaleo cannot be replaced so easily.
    You're right. Next season will be our last for PT for some time. Petersen won't be on free kick duties any more and I will either PT Poncet to get a special ability or buy a scout with one. It seems to be our youth players that are playing very well and it's good news for the future as I can see them being here for a long time. Petersen isn't getting as many SP from matches as I would have wanted so a replacement might come sooner. Of course, he will continue to be a 2nd team player and will play when required. Our "tank season" will be the opportunity catch up on strengthening the squad and getting players we need.

So what lies in the future of July Fourth?

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

LEAGUE ROUND 16

bournemouth afc 1-6 July Fourth

bournemouth afc 103.8 4-1-3W-2 - July Fourth 112.3 attacking 3-2-3W-2

With 4 of our midfielders OUT: O'Sullivan and Kareski serving suspensions Hardy and Petersen still out injured we were a bit limited with a choice of formation to play, It was either a rather defensive formation or a very attacking formation for the match against bournemouth today and we drew 0-0 at home after they outplayed us in the first game somehow, but this time we decided to go with the attacking 3-2-3-2 which I struggled to counter when I played and failed to beat bogor fc twice last season, the decision paid off and paid off quite well as we got one of our best wins in the league this evening and Zidane was starting in the AMR since he was the only available natural player on the right flank available for this game.

The first thing we had to do is find a way to score past bournemouth and we only took 5 minutes in this game when we couldn't scoring at home in 90 against this team, A Miku throughball to find Michu to score his first of the evening, only problem is bournemouth equalised almost immediately after Cadaya found Santos to slot it past Seaman, those bournemouth strikers almost repeated the trick immediately after the equaliser, but the game was open and we got the ball forward with Ramirez who decided to go alone and shot past Houze to put us back infront, the next attack for July Fourth saw Michu fouled in the area and Papaleo putting away the penalty to increase our lead. Next Papaleo had a chance to score again but with the narrowing angle an intelligent pass was made to Michu to secure a brace after he had an easy tap in, L.McNamara was booked for a foul towards the end of the first half on a challenge that injured Kurniawan who was auto-subbed off. On 65 minutes Zidane broke away in the clear and passed to Ramirez to also secure a brace with a strikers shot from our amazing young defender... July Fourth continued to press although the game was done and dusted and in the 90th minute we won a corner an Facone commited a foul that gave away a penalty and Papaleo went for power and gave the keeper no chance and also ended up with a brace too.

Goals: Michu (5,25) Santos (8) Ramirez (11,65) Papaleo (13 PEN, 90 PEN) MOTM: Michu.

This was an important win for us as all of our rivals earlier in the day already won their games so it was a case of us showing our class and staying clear at the top of the league, we still lead by 7 points but there is 1 less game for us to play.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-22-2013 at 07:41 PM.
    magic3, Ljepoje and dv8r like this.

Wednesday. Day 18.

LEAGUE: Match 16. LONDON CITY (73.5) v SHILENO FC (73.9)

Result: LONDON 5-0 SHILENO
    Goals: Yashin 2, Yashin 7, Robins 54, Andersson 80, Yashin 85
    M.o.M: Oleg Yashin

This was the first of two tough league games in two days. Our visitors were lying 4th, but with the strongest quality team in the league. Oleg Yashin got us off to a dream start, with two goals in the first 8 minutes. The score remained at 2-0 until the second half. Percy Robins made it three, ten minutes after the break, Near the end, Stig Andersson struck number four from a free kick, and Yashin completed his hat-trick with time running out. The win, coupled with other results, means we are now top and clear by 3 points from Alcudia, whom we play tomorrow.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS:
    Minh 1-2 Danis, Jeleznik 1-1 Alcudia, Tongfang 1-4 Real, Kukula 0-0 Phetchana, Olympiakos 1-3 Lalas, Legends 0-2 Yakuza.

TEAM TALK:

It has been a good day for us. Starting with a 1 point lead at the top and playing the strongest team in the league, we were fearing the worst. However, our surprising 5-0 win, put us in good spirits, and we knew that we'd still be top tonight. We hadn't reckoned on our rivals all dropping points though, so with our own 3 points, and 2nd, 3rd and 4th only getting 1 point between them, our lead is looking much healthier.

Tomorrow we play away to our nearest rivals, Alcudia, and we are hoping to avenge our only defeat in the league so far, although a draw would be acceptable.
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    You're right. Next season will be our last for PT for some time. Petersen won't be on free kick duties any more and I will either PT Poncet to get a special ability or buy a scout with one. It seems to be our youth players that are playing very well and it's good news for the future as I can see them being here for a long time. Petersen isn't getting as many SP from matches as I would have wanted so a replacement might come sooner. Of course, he will continue to be a 2nd team player and will play when required. Our "tank season" will be the opportunity catch up on strengthening the squad and getting players we need.

So what lies in the future of July Fourth?
    It's really difficult to say exactly how our future seasons will unfold, I think there will be one last investment of 500T coming on Day 27 of the season ready for next, then it may go down to videos/farming then afterwards meaning players of high special talent such as Miku at the moment and Michu, Papaleo and Zidane in their heights at 9*. I think the highest we will see at July Fourth now will be 8* once Miku turns 23 (because at 22, Miku will be close to 9* and will get the star back once again). Obviously our main young squad players like Hogan, Ramirez, O'Sullivan and Miku will be around for sometime. Kareski will probably be sold after next season since he is not the fastest of trainers around (not the slowest either). Papaleo will recieve some Power Training of some sort (maybe +2 quality) and that will give Papaleo another season at the club as a reserve after next seasons last season as first team player. Michu will be power trained close to 8* since he is 25 and is approaching the end of that 22-25 bracket, A few new young players will be needed OR some good scouts from MR.SCOUT at the beginning of next season, (A repeat performance of this seasons lack of gems available may leave us rather desperate) I need a new GK, A defender that plays DC with any of DL,DR or DMC will be helpful for cover, A new MC and possibly a new ST to cover for the outgoing Crawford. Adams drops to reserve duties next season... We may KEEP ZIDANE next season as a honourable season to the club and also he will still have a versatile rare role as ST/AMR and at high-end 4* (may hit low 5*) he may still be very useful to us with his experience at 30 next season and he is a match winner.

I am also looking at Power Training a new young fast learner that can play as a DMC/MC/AMC. This will be useful for the "Dandelion" and other formations that I tend to play in my matches, These days I consider the "Dandelion" as the default July Fourth formation.

July Fourth Squad Summary
    Keep: Seaman, Adams, Ramirez, Mensah, McNamara, Kareski, Hardy, Petersen, Zidane???
    Power Train: Miku, Michu, Hogan, O'Sullivan, Papaleo
    Sell: Crawford, Novotny, Aued, Jurc, Norris???
    Retired: Baikie (GK)
    Require: GK (first team), DC (first team), MC (first team), ST (reserve or first team if the right player)
    Our youths arrive next season: Day 12 and Day 24.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-22-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    Raykco and dv8r like this.

Dreamer
    just playing a game of my league, my opponent played 5-1-2-1-1 and I play with 3-5-2v. I watch the game with 2 of my friend support me while he doesnt watch it. also, one of his MC get a red card but still, it doesnt change the result and i'm lose again and again...

anyway, what do u think to do if ur opponent playing with 5 defenders in a line...??

Addicted
    my league is getting interesting:

Prattstars would have won the league quite easily, but he was inactive the last few games and he uses a formation with 3 wing players on each side. Despite illegal formation he drew/won two games, but today he finally lost (unlucky for him, his opponent scored the crucial goal in '87).

Will be hard for me to win the league, because Real Avengers has a stronger team than me and he is playing Prattstars earlier than me, so there is a chance of him playing vs illegal and me not.
    July Fourth and Raykco like this.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████