Page 156 of 227 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    These are players that are usually retiring, but does mean that they definitely will be retiring at the end of the season, or is it just pot luck if you sign one and hope they won't retire?
    If I remember what I have done my first season, you can't sell nor fire players who will be retiring at the current season, which means those who are on the transfer list, are retiring at least, next season, as they could not have been sold or fired by players.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by -NMR- View Post
    If I remember what I have done my first season, you can't sell nor fire players who will be retiring at the current season, which means those who are on the transfer list, are retiring at least, next season, as they could not have been sold or fired by players.
    True, but i remember signing a 32yo once on a free and he ended up going to retire at the end of the current season. I got shot of him immediately after.

Don't forget that these players are available on a free (sacked possibly for that reason?), not put on the market by other managers.

Tempted to sign one just because he's a swedish pokemon.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by -NMR- View Post
    Not enough tokens to buy health packs, no health packs in stock, 2 injuries, only 4 tired subs available = struggle, whatever you want to undertake. I had to stop training since 3 days now, as all my games are following the previous one with less than an hour.
    I know its hard sometimes to get good players for a reasonable price, but you know scheduling can be a bitch in T11, so maybe go for 2-3 players more and accept a small drop in terms of quality of your best players.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    Free money as far as everyone is concerned.

On another note, a quick question. I am looking for freebies on the transfer market as I want to be cheeky and try to see if some poor sod will buy him off me when I put him back on the list. However, the vast majority of free players on the market are 32-34yo. These are players that are usually retiring, but does mean that they definitely will be retiring at the end of the season, or is it just pot luck if you sign one and hope they won't retire?
    Well, good question

I don't really know, think it's just random. I remember back when I was at lvl 1 and 2, I bought a lot of 5* +28/30 players and managed to sell a couple, while 1 or 2 o them desided to "retire". I just kicked them out of the club, simple as that

You could try, but don't count on making any good deals ($) since it's almost the end of the season and people aren't buying "oldies" anymore as before. That trick worked "fine" on lower lvl's.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

I can remember when I first starting this game and I used to buy loads of old 32-33 year old 5* players thinking that they will play on to when they reach 37-38 years old and not realising that the max retirement age was 34 years old on this game since some real life professionals can play until they reach 40+.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    40 is extremly rare. Giggs, Maldini, Zanetti and some keepers, who else played till that age? I think 34 is a good age, maybe the game should make some rare exceptions of defenders and keepers who play 1-3y longer, but then is it necessary?^^
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    40 is extremly rare. Giggs, Maldini, Zanetti and some keepers, who else played till that age? I think 34 is a good age, maybe the game should make some rare exceptions of defenders and keepers who play 1-3y longer, but then is it necessary?^^
    Sir Stanley Matthews played until he was 50. Another issue I have with this game is... where are the 16-17 year olds?
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Addicted
    that was half a century ago...

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Earlier result

League, round 16 - Sultcsibek 0-8 Perfect Tactics
    Sultcsibek: 34.6, 4-1-3N-2
    Perfect Tactics: 56.5, 4-3N-2-1

In the early kick off today we destroyed Sultcsibek to keep our 8 point lead at the top of the table. Pistov with a first half hat trick sealing the deal and giving us the easy 3 points. There was also a goal for Nascimento and Petersen from long range strikes. Poncet finally got his first goal for Perfect Tactics after going through on goal and firing past the goalkeeper. Blomqvist added to a quiet 2nd half and from a corner, substitute Suarez scored making it 8-0 late on. We have now scored 100 league goals... Could we beat our previous record of 148 goals?

Goals: Pistov (5', 29', 33' HAT), Nascimento (11'), Poncet (13'), Petersen (34'), Blomqvist (74'), Suarez (86')
    MOTM: Pistov
    Ljepoje likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon View Post
    You forgot Schwarzenegger, Willis, Stallone etc... are all still active and doing stunts..The crowd love em!
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________