Page 175 of 227 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

THIS IS IT... JUDGEMENT DAY... MOMENT OF TRUTH...

Our Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd leg is here... It's either do or die for July Fourth. The question is... are we good enough to turn it around?

The starting line-up and formation is all set and we are ready to go.
    Raykco likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post

Our Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd leg is here... It's either do or die for July Fourth. The question is... are we good enough to turn it around?

Good Luck
    Lgue Wins 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,24,25, 26,27,28,29,30,35,38,40,42,45,46,48,56,59
    R/Up
    3rd place 31,33,36,37,44,53
    Ch Lgue Wins 9,12,17,23,25,27,28,30,42,47
    R/Up 10,13,16,40
    CUP Wins ​11,12
    R/Up 23
    "TREBLE WINNERS" 12
    LEVEL 60?

I'm sure you will.
    Raykco likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Apprentice
    lost CL 0-2 away but won 3-2 on aggregate. got 4!!! yellows, so 3 players will be suspended in the first semi, one of them my 6* mc. well, my team reached its goals for this season (cl semi, qualification for next cl) so from now on everything else is gravy, even though not winning the league would be a shame now.
    July Fourth and Raykco like this.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 2ND LEG

Equimetal SAD 0-3 July Fourth

July Fourth Win 3-1 On Aggregate
    Equimetal SAD 106.9 4-3W-1-2 - July Fourth 112.9 4-5-1 V-Style

This is got to be July Fourth's best performance this season and when we needed it too... Our opponents brought their power support for the second leg but this didn't stop July Fourth receiving the same amount of possession in the first leg, but both teams had chances to score but it was July Fourths quality and defensive play as well as taking their chances this time around. July Fourth started the game with strong intent from the word go as they were the team needed to score to get back in the tie... Michu threatened early but the defence stood firm but it was until O'Sullivans run in the clear on 19 minutes after he setup McNamara to fire us level on aggregate. Ivor Hardy had a couple of chances to put us ahead from a free-kick twice but once put it over and once hit the wall. Emenike and Lampard tried to play it past our defence late on for Equimetal but Aued and Adams stood firm. We were happy to be level at half-time and you could sense this was slowly turning back our way.

The second half saw both sides create an early chance with Norris shot blocked for July Fourth and Fernandes pass cut out by Adams, Next Mensah created an opening for Michu and he put it wide... Then Mensah's leg gave way and we had to put on Kareski, that was our only substitution of the night. Kareski almost scored for us with his first touch but his shot was turned over the bar by the keeper for a corner... Michu crossed in... The referee blew the whistle... Deliberate handball!!! Wes Sneijder Sent-Off!!! Penalty to July Fourth!!!.... BIG PROBLEM??? Papaleo is on the bench and can't take it BUT Michu is too good and smashes us up and that was a killer goal from the home team because all of a sudden they need to score twice with 10 men. Equimetal threw the kitchen sink at us now, they were the better team once again despite being down to 10 men and they were winning corners and free-kicks all of a sudden but every time they created something, it was Aued or Adams that cleared it, The came close to scoring on 83 minutes when Smetanin's cross found Emenike but a crucial challenge from Aued saw off the danger, Then a minute later a Kareski pass then found Hogan who hit it into the roof of the net and July Fourth were celebrating a great victory!!!

Goals: L.McNamara (19) Michu (58 PEN) Hogan (84) MOTM: Aued.
    S/O: Sneijder (58)

Injury Report: Mensah OUT for 4 days... we can live with that. Plus Kareski did a great job in cover.
    Suspension News: Norris is OUT for the first leg of the semi-final since he picked up a second yellow card this eveing.

Other results: Well we weren't the only one's to turn it around in our quarter-final draw as 2 other teams also turned it around. LIVERPOON FT won 4-2 against crvena zvezda (4-3 on agg), veritas won 3-0 against chonburi kfc after losing the first leg 2-0 (3-2 on agg), Only JONCLAB held onto their 3-0 first leg lead by drawing 3-3 this evening (6-3 on agg).

This means the semi-finals are:
    JONCLAB vs July Fourth
    veritas vs LIVERPOON FT

All of a sudden it's now very likely we are going to get that July Fourth vs LIVERPOON FT final as predicted at the start of the competition. It also means that July Fourth would now play JONCLAB 4 times this season as JONCLAB play in our league, Yesterday July Fourth beat JONCLAB 5-0 at home and 2 weeks ago July Fourth beat JONCLAB 6-0 in the away fixture. JONCLAB must already be fearing the worst, but this is the Champions League and everything starts from 0-0 again.

Since July Fourth won this quarter-final well in the end, The board seem a bit silly for the meeting over if we went out, but we are professional in what we do and everything possible MUST be considered.

With this performance, the pundits now must be assessing if the young July Fourth AMC Hatsune Miku is rather over-rated.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-25-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

League, Day 19

Scorers: M.Lenders (2), J.Romer, P.Diamond, K.H.Schneider.
    MoM: J.Romer (8), New Team.

*New Team keeps his perfect score alive and now edges on +16 from second place.

Champion's League, Quarter Finals, 2nd Leg:

Scorers: O.Hutton (2), J.Romer, K.H.Schneider, T.Becker.
    MoM: J.Romer (8), New Team.

*New Team reaches Semi-Finals on 11-0 aggregate.

Two quite easy wins for us toda which further closes League on a side, and replays the dominance showed in first Leg on the other one. We are going to face FC Norkoping in the semi-finals (Q44.3) which spared 2 yellow carded players in tonight's second leg almost going out and managing just a draw 1-1 home against a much weaker team which in both legs overplayed them giving us good hints for our upcoming match.
    On the other side, Catalunya FC passed the turn not without troubles managing a 2-1 home here too vs a much weaker counterpart. Again like first leg, they were overplayed both in possession and shoots. He'll face a quite decent team in the semis (Q38) which might pose him some problems.
    Ljepoje, shwanko07 and Raykco like this.

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL 2ND LEG

Equimetal SAD 0-3 July Fourth

July Fourth Win 3-1 On Aggregate
    Equimetal SAD 106.9 4-3W-1-2 - July Fourth 112.9 4-5-1 V-Style

This is got to be July Fourth's best performance this season and when we needed it too... Our opponents brought their power support for the second leg but this didn't stop July Fourth receiving the same amount of possession in the first leg, but both teams had chances to score but it was July Fourths quality and defensive play as well as taking their chances this time around. July Fourth started the game with strong intent from the word go as they were the team needed to score to get back in the tie... Michu threatened early but the defence stood firm but it was until O'Sullivans run in the clear on 19 minutes after he setup McNamara to fire us level on aggregate. Ivor Hardy had a couple of chances to put us ahead from a free-kick twice but once put it over and once hit the wall. Emenike and Lampard tried to play it past our defence late on for Equimetal but Aued and Adams stood firm. We were happy to be level at half-time and you could sense this was slowly turning back our way.

The second half saw both sides create an early chance with Norris shot blocked for July Fourth and Fernandes pass cut out by Adams, Next Mensah created an opening for Michu and he put it wide... Then Mensah's leg gave way and we had to put on Kareski, that was our only substitution of the night. Kareski almost scored for us with his first touch but his shot was turned over the bar by the keeper for a corner... Michu crossed in... The referee blew the whistle... Deliberate handball!!! Wes Sneijder Sent-Off!!! Penalty to July Fourth!!!.... BIG PROBLEM??? Papaleo is on the bench and can't take it BUT Michu is too good and smashes us up and that was a killer goal from the home team because all of a sudden they need to score twice with 10 men. Equimetal threw the kitchen sink at us now, they were the better team once again despite being down to 10 men and they were winning corners and free-kicks all of a sudden but every time they created something, it was Aued or Adams that cleared it, The came close to scoring on 83 minutes when Smetanin's cross found Emenike but a crucial challenge from Aued saw off the danger, Then a minute later a Kareski pass then found Hogan who hit it into the roof of the net and July Fourth were celebrating a great victory!!!

Goals: L.McNamara (19) Michu (58 PEN) Hogan (84) MOTM: Aued.
    S/O: Sneijder (58)

Injury Report: Mensah OUT for 4 days... we can live with that. Plus Kareski did a great job in cover.
    Suspension News: Norris is OUT for the first leg of the semi-final since he picked up a second yellow card this eveing.

Other results: Well we weren't the only one's to turn it around in our quarter-final draw as 2 other teams also turned it around. LIVERPOON FT won 4-2 against crvena zvezda (4-3 on agg), veritas won 3-0 against chonburi kfc after losing the first leg 2-0 (3-2 on agg), Only JONCLAB held onto their 3-0 first leg lead by drawing 3-3 this evening (6-3 on agg).

This means the semi-finals are:
    JONCLAB vs July Fourth
    veritas vs LIVERPOON FT

All of a sudden it's now very likely we are going to get that July Fourth vs LIVERPOON FT final as predicted at the start of the competition. It also means that July Fourth would now play JONCLAB 4 times this season as JONCLAB play in our league, Yesterday July Fourth beat JONCLAB 5-0 at home and 2 weeks ago July Fourth beat JONCLAB 6-0 in the away fixture. JONCLAB must already be fearing the worst, but this is the Champions League and everything starts from 0-0 again.

Since July Fourth won this quarter-final well in the end, The board seem a bit silly for the meeting over if we went out, but we are professional in what we do and everything possible MUST be considered.

With this performance, the pundits now must be assessing if the young July Fourth AMC Hatsune Miku is rather over-rated.
    Wooo well done! 4-5-1v worked too
    Raykco likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Balkan Boyz - Matchday 21 (Sz.5 - lvl5)

HEADLINE: Balkan Boyz through to CL semi-finals after a 6 - 4 aggregate win over Galatasaray AŞ

CL: Galatasaray AŞ (Q35,3) Formation: 4-4.2 >> 2 - 2 (AGG: 4-6) << Balkan Boyz (Q50,5) Formation: 3-1-2N-2W-2/3W-3N-2W-2
    SCORERS: I.Olić (1min), B.Yilmaz (22min.ass:C.Castro), M.Salem (50min), E.Džeko (58min)
    SUBS: M.Kovačić < > N.Tomović E.Džeko < > M. Mandžukić H.Salihamidžić< > L.Modrić
    MOTM: Senad Lulić (Rate:8)

Balkan Boyz qualified for the Champions League semi-finals on Saturday after playing Galatasaray AŞ to a 2 - 2 draw in the quarter-final second leg at "Galatasaray AŞ Stadium". The Balkan Boyz started the game brightly in search of an early goal and got it after the shadowstriker Ivica Olić surprised the Galatasaray AŞ defenders and GK Zafer Kurt with a shot from long distance in the 1th opening minute. But Galatasaray AŞ didn't seem to fall back, instead they attacked bravely and managed to put pressure on the Balkan Boyz defence who faced nervous moments due to Galatasaray's quick counter-attacks. Something that payed off in the 22nd minute as Burak Yilmaz equalized to 1 - 1 after a assist by Christian Arturo Castro just before the end of the first half. As the 2nd half began, Balkan Boyz made a defensive substition as Mateo Kovačić was subbed off for Nenad Tomović. But the substitution didn't seem to give any effect, since Mohammad Salem was left unmarked in front of goal to score the 2 - 1 goal for Galatasaray AŞ. Edin Džeko equalized for the Balkan Boyz side in the 58th minute before getting injured 7 minutes later and was subbed off for Mario Mandžukić. Just as Mandžukić entered the pitch in the 73th mintute, the MC Safet Sušić got a nasty injury as well but was left on the pitch since Manager -Ljepoje- already made 3 substitutions. The Balkan Boyz was therefore left 10 man against 11 the last quarter and seemed to just pass the ball around the field to keep the possesion, without making any attempts forward. As the game came to an end, it was obvious that The Balkan Boyz had qualified to the semi-finals as Galatasaray AŞ failed to over turn the 4 goal deficit from the 1th leg. The Balkan Boyz will face "LS 11" in the quarter-finals.

In other news, Balkan Boyz managed to beat the Swiss team "Colchoneros CF" with 0 - 4 after goals by Hasan Salihamidžić (x2), Mateo Kovačić (x1) and Mario Mandžukić (x1). A game in which Hasan Salihamidžić was declared as MoM (rate:9). The win means that Balkan Boyz holds onto first place with 51 points and are 2points clear in front of the Israeli team "Iztik Yan" (49points) with FC Kula at a 3rd place (46points) and Vanspor FC at a 4th place on 35points. Balkan Boyz will play the English team "Scally United FC" tomorrow at home. The kickoff is set at 14:45CET. Later on that evening, Balkan Boyz will play the 1th leg in the T11 CUP semi-finals against FC Köln. The kickoff is set at 23:20CET

Over&Out!
    dv8r and Raykco like this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

BEARS FC 1-0 Inter Lautern

the young side of BEARS FC is marching on beating the strongest and more experienced side in CL in the quarter final .... the game delivered what it has promised .. after the disappointing losing 1-2 away, Bears FC come stronger dominating the next game with 66% possession and winning 1-0 .. the opposite manager tried his best to change the formation many times during the game, but BEARS FC manager countered every single alteration he did with success and knocked out Inter off the competition.. proving that you can win the kids .. Alan Hansen are you listening?

Last edited by shwanko07; 05-25-2013 at 11:40 PM.
    dv8r, Morgan O'Bree and Raykco like this.
    my team @ http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...ears-fc-2.html
    League : winner (S1, S2, S3, S6, S7) , runner up (S4*, S5*) * was in holiday away
    CL: Winner (S4, S7), runner up (S2, S3, S5, S6)
    Cup: Winner (S3)

I made it through the CL 1/2 finals and confirmed my advance in the League.

First game of the day, my 1/4 final, I finally won 8-2 on aggregate, won 4-2 the first game, away, after the player was leading by 2-0 I wondered what to do, so I played very offensively, took off my DMC from the field, and managed a 4-3-3 with side midfielders. I got booked 4 times (including one penalty given), so I did reduce the tackling to light (until now anyway, no reason to change honestly).

The 2nd leg of today was a massacre, I guess I found TEH solution, he was playing :

DL DC DC DR
    ML MC MC MC MR
    ST

... so I have chosen to adapt my tactic on "very defensive" with this line up :

DR DC DC DC DL
    ML MC MC MR
    ST

... mixed passing, long balls, counter attack on. Result : 4-0, I was very happy despite I was confident anyway as I played home, and he had to win by minimum 3-0. The CL games were crazy today, ALL the best teams have gone from the competition. I hope I am not going to be the next one ^^'

Next, League game, not really interesting, I kept my CL configuration but wasn't able to score, so I adapted my usual tactic, and scored 3-0. I am now 11pts ahead of my first opponent.

Happy day \o/
    Raykco and shwanko07 like this.