Page 185 of 227 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SEMI-FINAL 1ST LEG

JONCLAB 0-3 July Fourth

JONCLAB 102.5 4-2-2-2 Hexagon and switched to various attacking formations including butterfly-like - July Fourth 112.9 Dandelion, then asymmetric 4-1-3W-1-1

One player from July Fourth recently made by the press as "overrated" was Miku. But tonight it was all about Miku and you cannot allow Miku to run the show or your going to lose it's as simple as that, JONCLAB played quite well and performed better than in the 2 previous league meetings that July Fourth destroyed them in. JONCLAB this time were not going to allow July Fourth to do it again and they defended quite well, they offered little fire power and July Fourth had too much for them in the end. We took the lead early in the first half through Miku who got into some space and fired it past the keeper. July Fourth offered very little from the flanks mind L.McNamara and O'Sullivan didn't get past the JONCLAB defence for the remainder of the 1st half, Papaleo then doubled our lead in the 47th minute with the move of the game on a counter attack to beat the keeper in a 1v1 situation and roll it into the goal, The JONCLAB team kept switching around with their tactics, in hope to try and get a goal to perhaps give them hope for the second leg, and eventually we took off Michu mid-way through the second half and made it a flat 4 at the back with Aued moving in defence. Papaleo ST on the right and Miku on the left AMC with red arrow and towards the end of the game, just as we were settling for 2-0, Miku made a moment of magic by moving away from the marker as the pass was played in and broke in the clear and chipped it over the keeper and struck the bar and into the goal for a moment of Miku class... Once again July Fourth outclass JONCLAB.

Goals: Miku (13,85) Papaleo (47) MOTM: Papaleo. (But should really be Miku)

Barring a unforeseen event, July Fourth should be in Fridays final where they should be expected to be joined by LIVERPOON but they still have a semi-final to win after they drew their first leg 1-1 away.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-27-2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Ljepoje and dv8r like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

July Fourth, I think I love you!

I went with 4-5-1v and in the first minute, my DMC got injured and I scored from the free kick, after that I put my sub centre defender on and went 5-2-2-1 as I had no DMC to counter his AMC. I got the second goal and then he pulled one back and I finished the game off with a 1-3 away victory. Hopefully, I can hold the game in the second leg and go through to the Champions League final

Thank you.

CL semi-final, 1st leg - Perfect Tactics 4-1 izzraildahlan FC
    Perfect Tactics: 57.7, butterfly (4-5-1v, 4-2-2-2 hex, 4-4-2 classic)
    izzraildahlan FC: 47.4, 4-1-3W-2

A bit of a scare for Perfect Tactics here.. We didn't seem to win convincingly despite the score. Izzraildahlan were threatening for the whole match and we didn't get too many chances in the first half. We used FOUR different formations which only made a slight difference and the advantage bar was stuck round the middle and we will need to see how to beat this formation and score in the 2nd leg as we could easily lose 3-0 based on our performance. Kakou put the visitors in front with a long range strike and surprisingly, they dominated for a good 30 minutes. They almost went 0-2 up from a corner which was given twice but luck was on our side and the header was straight at the goalkeeper. We were doing something wrong, their players were bossing the match somehow and we needed to do something. Petersen equalised for us with a long range strike of his own. Just before half time, Torres raced through on goal and got a corner out of his shot. It came to nothing but we needed to make changes or else we would be in trouble. We changed to a 4-5-1v and it made a slight difference, we got a second goal through Petersen. However izzraildahlan were not beaten and they had chances to score a second goal which was just missed by Ronaldo. Petersen then put us 3-1 up with another long range strike and that was his hat trick complete. We then changed to a 4-4-2 classic with Nascimento and Petersen playing OOP... Petersen did get a 4th goal from yet another long range strike. Torres kept breaking through our defence somehow but his shots were missing and right at the death he played a great ball for Ronaldo to tuck into the back of the net but he missed and we escaped more damage.

Quite a tough match and we still have unfinished business.

Goals: Kakou (18'), Petersen (34', 55', 65' HAT, 70')
    MOTM: Petersen
    Ljepoje likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    CL Semi-final Preview

New Team (left) - FC Norkoping (right)

Opponent's main module is 3W-2DMC-2W-1-2. But he has several adaptable players which makes up for the lack of subs. Working so gonna be even thougher with first leg being away. Let's hope for the best.

Played against this formation last season, broke it down with the 4-2N-2W-2... Won 0 - 3 or 1 - 4... was against the former league winner
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

CL, Semi-finals, 1st Leg

We overall plaied it very well, conceiding in the first half only a counter which we broke in two corners faded away by our defenders. We scored immediatly with Becker (3'), and kept creating numerous occasions yet not finishing the job. A second yellow card for a nasty foul before the end of the first half gave us a one man superiority which made the second half an all out assault to their defense. Hutton had an illumination right at the start and got to rhe keeper, serving Schnider who easily tapped in the ball for the 0-2 (46'). We kept shooting but their keeper was on track today managing to deflect everything we threw at him, and even two FK bombs from Romer. We had three subs in to brake their rythm and from another good save from their keeper we had a double corner where Diamond received Romer'z cross and signed the 0-3 (79').

Scorers: T.Becker, K.H.Schneider, P.Diamond.
    MoM P.Diamond (8), New Team

A good result which, unless a thyphoon hits us, acts as ticket for our 4th straight CL Final; a 3 goals gap which ain't the true face of the match which we dominated thanks also to the red card they received. We will take advantage of that to rest completely Hutton, Matsukase and Bergera who lately all saw their marks decreasing probably due to fatigue. Little pity for Hutton's goal record, but it is a must.
    Ljepoje likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post

A bit of a scare for Perfect Tactics here.. We didn't seem to win convincingly despite the score. Izzraildahlan were threatening for the whole match and we didn't get too many chances in the first half. We used FOUR different formations which only made a slight difference and the advantage bar was stuck round the middle and we will need to see how to beat this formation and score in the 2nd leg as we could easily lose 3-0 based on our performance. Kakou put the visitors in front with a long range strike and surprisingly, they dominated for a good 30 minutes. They almost went 0-2 up from a corner which was given twice but luck was on our side and the header was straight at the goalkeeper. We were doing something wrong, their players were bossing the match somehow and we needed to do something. Petersen equalised for us with a long range strike of his own. Just before half time, Torres raced through on goal and got a corner out of his shot. It came to nothing but we needed to make changes or else we would be in trouble. We changed to a 4-5-1v and it made a slight difference, we got a second goal through Petersen. However izzraildahlan were not beaten and they had chances to score a second goal which was just missed by Ronaldo. Petersen then put us 3-1 up with another long range strike and that was his hat trick complete. We then changed to a 4-4-2 classic with Nascimento and Petersen playing OOP... Petersen did get a 4th goal from yet another long range strike. Torres kept breaking through our defence somehow but his shots were missing and right at the death he played a great ball for Ronaldo to tuck into the back of the net but he missed and we escaped more damage.

4-1-3W-2 or 4-3W-1-2, It seems to give us trouble these formations, But I'm sure I killed one of these formations earlier in the season playing the attacking 3-2-3-2. But the way that first leg went, You do need to be extra cautious. That upset last season has got not your mind but ours as well. And it was these formations that beat me 1-0, 4 days ago.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by -NMR- View Post
    Victory 3-0 yesterday for a League game. My MC got booked twice in 20 minutes, and I got my MR injured between these two moments, I had again to adapt all my tactics (happy for having internet on the phone at that moment otherwise I would have sunk).

Today, CL 1/2 finals against a fair offensive team, so I will play like I played for my 1/4 finals, very defensive with counter attacking but mix passing towards the left side (his weakest point), I hope that placing my MC instead of my MR won't be a problem as he is suspended for this game. All I hope is to not conceal any goal, the 2nd leg will be away for me, and to not get any bookings as I have 4 players on the edge, all the best of the team of course. Fingers crossed.
    Well, I lost 0-1, without understanding too much what happened. I played defensive the first 30 mins, after he got a red card and an injury with a whoooooooole empty midfield, I then pushed to the limits the team in attack, but nothing was working, I guess today wasn't my lucky day for the CL :/

I hope there won't be any consequence for the 2nd leg away.

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post

Narrow Diamond worked very nice for me against 4-3W-1-2 as my MCs and the red arrowed DR and DL kept flanks nulled while my AMC consistently pushed the defense. 4-1-4-1 should work fine too vs the DMC variation with through middle mentality and red on one of the two MCs with wingers covering from their flanks. 3W-5-2 V with blue arrow on DMC might make it too for an offensive setup

CL- Semi-final Nattaphol vs Fk NeYmaaR 1:2 !

Nice win!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan O'Bree View Post
    Narrow Diamond worked very nice for me against 4-3W-1-2 as my MCs and the red arrowed DR and DL kept flanks nulled while my AMC consistently pushed the defense. 4-1-4-1 should work fine too vs the DMC variation with through middle mentality and red on one of the two MCs with wingers covering from their flanks. 3W-5-2 V with blue arrow on DMC might make it too for an offensive setup
    I can't risk not playing an attacking midfielder... my best player is AMC/AMR so I need him to play.

I might try 4-3N-2W-1... That could work

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<