Page 186 of 227 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Question Time: Does Alex Zidane deserve another season at July Fourth?

This is our great striker Alex Zidane who has done wonderful things at July Fourth over the last 6 seasons at July Fourth but now he is getting old and declining at an alarming rate. He currently sits at 5*107 (31) and will drop to 4*108 as next seasons starts, since he will technically be a highish-end 4* player as next season starts and will be 30 years old and only be a reserve at July Fourth next season if he stays and not play many games as we will likely bring in a young striker at the beginning of the season, but we know that Zidane can come up sometimes with answers when July Fourth needed him in the past. But would it be in Zidane's best interests for him to move to another club as he maybe lacking a little on the quality side. Only plus here is ST/AMR and an either footed player now.

What you think? 1 more season for Zidane where he would only play about a dozen games at best OR should be move on to a different club in his best interests? He has 1 year left on his contract when the new season starts. Another season for Zidane would be effectively be a season of honour for the striker.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post

This is our great striker Alex Zidane who has done wonderful things at July Fourth over the last 6 seasons at July Fourth but now he is getting old and declining at an alarming rate. He currently sits at 5*107 (31) and will drop to 4*108 as next seasons starts, since he will technically be a highish-end 4* player as next season starts and will be 30 years old and only be a reserve at July Fourth next season if he stays and not play many games as we will likely bring in a young striker at the beginning of the season, but we know that Zidane can come up sometimes with answers when July Fourth needed him in the past. But would it be in Zidane's best interests for him to move to another club as he maybe lacking a little on the quality side. Only plus here is ST/AMR and an either footed player now.

What you think? 1 more season for Zidane where he would only play about a dozen games at best OR should be move on to a different club in his best interests? He has 1 year left on his contract when the new season starts. Another season for Zidane would be effectively be a season of honour for the striker.
    I think it might be his last season. Even if you PT him, 300 greens would be enough but then it's almost the new season and he'll be low end 5* next season. So unless you want to keep him for the 2nd team, then you may have to sell. It's a hard decision and I know he's been such an important player at your club but you know what's best for him

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Keep him and see how he starts next season???...if you get a young striker to replace him then you can "lay him out to pasture"!...
    JKLM FC...

L1- L- 4th/C -Prelim's...
    L2- L- 3rd/CL- Winner/C- SF's...
    L3- L- 2nd/CL- QF's/C- QF's...
    L4- L- 1st/CL- (Og)/C- Playoffs...

W.B.A......BOING BOING!!!...

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    I can't risk not playing an attacking midfielder... my best player is AMC/AMR so I need him to play.

I might try 4-3N-2W-1... That could work
    But you should of learned that sometimes playing your best player against a formation you suffered against aint prolly useful. Last season apart, you are a lot stronger than your current opponent for the second leg. Being me, i'd set the best counter possible then see how it works. You still have the second half to get in your AM, given you focused on multi roles this season one sub is all you would need.

I think it might be his last season. Even if you PT him, 300 greens would be enough but then it's almost the new season and he'll be low end 5* next season. So unless you want to keep him for the 2nd team, then you may have to sell. It's a hard decision and I know he's been such an important player at your club but you know what's best for him
    He won't be power trained, he will be too slow to PT next season as he moves out the 26-29 bracket and into the 30-31 bracket. He has not gained 1 quality point this season, started 107 (45) and now 107 (31). So at best he is a reserve. I'd rather save my greens for a younger player or scout, If I'm going to power train anyone old it will be Papaleo. As much as I like Zidane and his contribution. The arrows are pointing to the exit door sadly because 4* these days at July Fourth seems insufficient for reserve for July Fourth when 5* players can be signed cheaply on my server. I kept a 34 year old 4*104 GK this season because it was for reserve purposes and reserve GK's don't play that many games anyways and I would of had to pay him 2 years wages ($14M) to kick him out lol.

As much as I want to keep Zidane I think he will have to be sold. I wish this game would expand to 25 man squads because players like these can stay around.

Just bought an MR for 1 token.

30 year old guy who will probably only play one match

I also might save Petersen for the 2nd leg. He's on a yellow card and I can't take any risks

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

I also might save Petersen for the 2nd leg. He's on a yellow card and I can't take any risks
    lol... be like a loan signing for Perfect Tactics this... oh yeah Yellows in the 2nd leg, I will have to have a look who is on a yellow or not.

I rekon it being the best idea. Let's rock the CL :P

I can't send emblems or logos anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post

Well, I know that it could be hard to let go players like Alex Zidane.... I have the same feeling for Vidić, Olić and Salihamidžić: players that perform,play, score and step-up when needed.

But you have two choices. The first is as you say, keep him as a substitute or use him in the friendlies for another season. The second is to sell/or let him go and replace him with a youngster. Perhaps organize a farewell party at the end season and express your gratitude
    July Fourth likes this.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________