Page 198 of 227 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2263
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    I'll have 50T Silly to score and Perfect Tactics to win and another 50T on Suarez first goal, both look like good bets to me.
    CL semi-final, 2nd leg - izzraildahlan (1) 1-3 Perfect Tactics (4)

Izzraildalhan FC: 47.4, 4-4-2 classic
    Perfect Tactics: 57.4, butterfly/4-5-1v

Perfect Tactics win 7-2 on aggregate.

There was no shock here and we make it into the CL final for the first time in 2 seasons. There were talks of Perfect Tactics being a one-man-team but the win today put away those claims. We played a weakened team and it was fairly even, both sides getting a share of the chances. However the resistance only lasted 30 minutes when the new guy Tobias Roth broke free of the defence and put us 0-1 up. He got a second 3 minutes later, this time Razak set him up for an easy tap-in. That put the tie to rest but izzraildahlan did respond with a goal from Kakou, the same guy who scored in the reverse fixture. It was only a consolation but this gave our opponents the confidence to go for a second and they had the majority of the chances in the 2nd half, however a lot of their chances went to waste and late in the game, substitute Mata scored from a free kick, making it 1-3 and a comfortable win in the end.

Goals: Roth (30', 33'), Kakou (41'), Mata (86')
    MOTM: De Mafia (GK)
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    CL semi-final, 2nd leg - izzraildahlan (1) 1-3 Perfect Tactics (4)

Izzraildalhan FC: 47.4, 4-4-2 classic
    Perfect Tactics: 57.4, butterfly/4-5-1v

Perfect Tactics win 7-2 on aggregate.

There was no shock here and we make it into the CL final for the first time in 2 seasons. There were talks of Perfect Tactics being a one-man-team but the win today put away those claims. We played a weakened team and it was fairly even, both sides getting a share of the chances. However the resistance only lasted 30 minutes when the new guy Tobias Roth broke free of the defence and put us 0-1 up. He got a second 3 minutes later, this time Razak set him up for an easy tap-in. That put the tie to rest but izzraildahlan did respond with a goal from Kakou, the same guy who scored in the reverse fixture. It was only a consolation but this gave our opponents the confidence to go for a second and they had the majority of the chances in the 2nd half, however a lot of their chances went to waste and late in the game, substitute Mata scored from a free kick, making it 1-3 and a comfortable win in the end.

Goals: Roth (30', 33'), Kakou (41'), Mata (86')
    MOTM: De Mafia (GK)
    DAMN 100T gone there... I'll put in a support ticket, I owe you 2 scout players... Yeah it was never really going to be a problem qualifying for you tonight, And... I bet your now going to put those 2 players back on the tranny market now since you only really bought them for that game. I don't think you would of been too bothered if it was a draw tonight. I'm like you playing a team that keeps the players on a yellow out and that means Jurc will have to play OOP once again tonight as a defender.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

DAMN 100T gone there... I'll put in a support ticket, I owe you 2 scout players... Yeah it was never really going to be a problem qualifying for you tonight, And... I bet your now going to put those 2 players back on the tranny market now since you only really bought them for that game. I don't think you would of been too bothered if it was a draw tonight. I'm like you playing a team that keeps the players on a yellow out and that means Jurc will have to play OOP once again tonight as a defender.
    What ever happened to your Petersen? Will he be making an appearance tonight?

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

I made it to the Champions League final for the second time!

a 1-1 draw was enough to build on the 3-1 first leg victory thanks to an early goal by one on one scorer Tebily.

July Fourth, stand by to help me win my second Champions League title

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    What ever happened to your Petersen? Will he be making an appearance tonight?
    No. Petersen wont start tonight since O'Sullivan is not on a yellow card but we will probably come on in the second half as a substitute. Petersen did however played in our league game today and scored his 2nd goal for the club, he was out for a long time with a 9 day injury, but for a reserve he wasn't worth the reds to heal immediately. He will be low to mid 5* next season and will play on next season for the same reasons he was brought in, that was to be a back-up player.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-29-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Apprentice
    2-0 win on the night, out 3-2 agg. but a great financial gain, i will have around 18m, which will be more than enough for the 2 players i want next season. i did however lose my highest rated player to inj for 6 days. but i dont think im gunna need him so i wont waste any inj packs. i think i need 2 wins from 4 to secure 4th spot
    July Fourth likes this.
    CoolioFC - Lvl 13, season 13.
    Squad ave: 75.5
    League Championships: 5 (1,3,6,7,8)
    Champions League:
    Cup: 1

Breaking News - Alex Zidane Testimonial Confirmed

July Fourth have tonight confirmed that our last league game of the season on Saturday will be the last time (we expect) Alex Zidane will be make an appearance for July Fourth in a league fixture. He may feature in the Royal Rumble Cup preliminaries next season as we prepare the team for next season as we begin to look for replacements.

So... July Fourth vs dersim FC on League Round 26 will be the Alex Zidane Testimonial.

Alex Zidane will be captain for this game and will recieve penalty and free-kick duties for this match.

Defender Ludek Novotny also should be leaving us at the end of this season or beginning of next season, along with Jurc,Aued and also Baikie who is retiring at the end of this season.

We have chosen this game because it's the last league fixture of the season and also we are playing at home and also its a competitive enough game, although the players will enjoy themselves in the sunshine because the league title has already been won by us 2 days ago.
    Last edited by July Fourth; 05-29-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    dv8r and Ljepoje like this.

July Fourth have tonight confirmed that our last league game of the season on Saturday will be the last time (we expect) Alex Zidane will be make an appearance for July Fourth in a league fixture. He may feature in the Royal Rumble Cup preliminaries next season as we prepare the team for next season as we begin to look for replacements.

So... July Fourth vs dersim FC on League Round 26 will be the Alex Zidane Testimonial.

Alex Zidane will be captain for this game and will recieve penalty and free-kick duties for this match.

Defender Ludek Novotny also should be leaving us at the end of this season or beginning of next season, along with Jurc,Aued and also Baikie who is retiring at the end of this season.

We have chosen this game because it's the last league fixture of the season and also we are playing at home and also its a competitive enough game, although the players will enjoy themselves in the sunshine because the league title has already been won by us 2 days ago.
    It must be hard to let him go. Hopefully this testimonial will be the perfect send off for such an important player. He will go down in history as a legend and it will be an emotional day for July Fourth.
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Pro

Rumor has it that the likes of Bergkamp, Henry, Pires and Overmars will pay the tribute by attending the game.

Apprentice
    The CL semifinal home game was an unproblematic game, 4-2 (for an aggregate score of 9-3) with no cards or injuries. Actually this was much easier than the quarterfinal. Final will be much tougher but nothing to lose, winner gets a bigger trophy and 350k more than 2nd.

League was an uneventful game, my reserves beat one of the lower tier teams in the league 5-0, keeping my unbeaten streak. MoM was a 2* defender from my reserves, who did some nice tackles keeping the goal clean. Not bad for a 2nd game of the evening where I didnt use any green packs.

All in all a very good day, no injuries, a card for a reserve player who is unimportant anyway, and two easy wins. My only trouble at the moment is the suspension of my AML in CL which will last for the final.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    Bermuda Triangle, started 26.2.2013
    standings/trophies (9 seasons, 7 promotions):
    League winner: 4
    Champions league winner: 2
    Cup winner: 2