Page 80 of 227 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130180 ... LastLast
Like Tree1342Likes

Thread: Season 40

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljepoje View Post
    I bought one yesterday as well. My first thought was that he would be a mediocre MC with the dribbler ability, but I was proven wrong. He managed to score in the CUP and was rated as a 8, then today he played for 45min in the league but got a rate 7... So, yes. MC with dribbler ability aren't that "bad" as people say they are.
    I've never had a player with Dribbler SA before, so will see whether it is have decent or not, especially as I tend to focus down the wings a lot. Hoping it makes him 'Messiesque' in that he will have a better chance of beating his man if man marked at least.

To against what other people have had, my scout players available have been has been pretty good so far. Two positions that strengthened my team, both 22 years old, both Q54, both 6-7 SP away from 7* and both with, I hope, useful SA's (Corner for the DR/DC and Dribbler for the MR).

Going back to your Dribbler being 'mediocre', I still think people underestimate the usefulness of the Corner Taker SA, as I have scored a fair few goals from corners because of this.
    Ljepoje likes this.
    Rhondda Rovers (The Rebirth) - Season 5, Level 3

Career Progress:

League Titles - 3
    Cup Winners - 1
    Champions League Winners - 1

He's 6* now... Not sure if I'll get him to 7* just yet.

Season 40-silly.jpg
    July Fourth and Ljepoje like this.

Season 15 - Level 15

League Winners (14) - Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    26-0-0 league (4) - Levels 3, 4, 7 & 8
    Undefeated in league (11) - Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14
    Cup winners (2) - Level 1 & 14
    Cup 3rd place (1) - Level 12
    Champions League Winners (10) - Levels 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
    Champions League Runners up(1) - Level 9

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by dv8r View Post
    He's 6* now... Not sure if I'll get him to 7* just yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	silly.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	6322
    Plenty of time yet, maybe best to let him get some good natural growth at 6* for the season before you push him on further next season? Just depends on how you feel more than anything and how far your willing to stretch with T.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Plenty of time yet, maybe best to let him get some good natural growth at 6* for the season before you push him on further next season? Just depends on how you feel more than anything and how far your willing to stretch with T.
    Enough with T spending for now, I have 200T in the reserves for next season. I'll be farming for T and then continue PTing the rest.
    July Fourth likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt View Post
    I've never had a player with Dribbler SA before, so will see whether it is have decent or not, especially as I tend to focus down the wings a lot. Hoping it makes him 'Messiesque' in that he will have a better chance of beating his man if man marked at least.

To against what other people have had, my scout players available have been has been pretty good so far. Two positions that strengthened my team, both 22 years old, both Q54, both 6-7 SP away from 7* and both with, I hope, useful SA's (Corner for the DR/DC and Dribbler for the MR).
    Yeah. I had 1 dribbler back in season 2 or 3, but he was a 27yr old (I think), and he wasn't that bad either (7-7-7-6-7). But then again, I played against weaker opposition so I can't say if it depended on that or not. But now when I bought this one, I was quite surprised about his performance. Also, as he was the "best" scout avaible on the scoutlist, I didn't have any choice but to buy him

But I recommend to have a MC playmaker as well. I noticed that the performance of my other players "increases" (especially the MC playing alongside him) and my AML+AMR gets the ball more often and takes more shoots on taget as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird Hewitt;83259[COLOR="#FF0000"
    Going back to your Dribbler being 'mediocre', I still think people underestimate the usefulness of the Corner Taker SA, as I have scored a fair few goals from corners because of this[/COLOR].
    Yes, perhaps. I have a couple of Corner spec. in my squad and my no.1 choice is my ST (Mandžukić). He was my best assist last season and yesterday he managed to score a couple of times and assist as well. Then he was declared as the MoM in both games. So yeah, the corner taker SA isn't that bad ... The only SA I find "useless" is the Free-kick spec. Don't know why, but they seem to miss 2 of 3 times. That's why I put my best ST (Jovetić) with the "one-on-one" ability to take them and he scores 2 of 3 times, so I can't complain

But also, it could depend from case to case. It could be "randomness" as well since every manager experiencing different from player to player.
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________

Apprentice
    Others have probably noticed it but players with a special ability tend to do even better when used together with an arrow that suits them. For a dribbler, shadow, one on one that would be red arrows. Ofcourse you need to fit it into your current formation in a good way.

Breaking News - Token Investment

July Fourth have confirmed that the chairman of the club has looked at our current team and after scouting our opponents for the league season and the CL, he believes that a further investment of 176T was further needed after July Fourth this morning reached the famous balance of 0T this morning after spending the last 70T earlier on 50 greens and 25 reds, the club have quickly exhaused the 50 greens and proceeded to spend 92T of the new 176T investment on 100 greens to finish the job on Power Training.

Ramirez, Hogan and O'Sullivan are expected to all reach 7*118 tonight and Miku has just reached 8*124.

Breaking News - Players Meeting

Kevin Mensah last night called for a players meeting last night about his free-kick taking duties, after a poor start to this season with free kicks after the game away at Takis FC where none of his 6 free-kicks resulted in a goal, indirectly or directly, he has decided to hand his free kick duties over to Ivor Hardy who is in great form and been knocking them in during training. However, Mensah now in the twilight of his July Fourth career and his best performances came with defensive moves this season has indicated he will remain back-up for the free-kick duties when Ivor Hardy is not present on the field for any reason.

July Fourth today play at home vs 'bournemouth afc' in the league today and are away at 'red pirats' tonight in the champions league, both thems have rather defensive setups to them and it will be difficult to break them down.

Breaking News - Injury Room

With the news coming through with the investment on T this morning, July Fourth's medical team have worked hard and announced that both Seaman and Papaleo are available for todays games as we feel we cannot take any chances with important players missing.
    Ljepoje, magic3 and dv8r like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

League, round 3 - Perfect Tactics 8-0 Sultcsibek
    Perfect Tactics: 56.3, 4-3N-2-1
    Sultcsibek: 32.6, 4-1-3N-2

A win here puts us 3 points clear of 2nd place for now. We took the lead from that man again, Gaylord Silly with a wonderful finish and that was his 4th goal in 4 games. Pistov made it 2-0 from a corner before a long range strike from Nascimento made it 3-0 and then Blomqvist went 1 on 1 with the goalkeeper and scored for a 4-0 lead. We were going riot and Pistov added a 5th on the stroke of half time to give us a resounding lead going into the break. We continued our rout in the 2nd half by absolutely decimating our opponents by scoring 3 goals in 4 minutes. The first came from a Petersen long range strike and then Nascimento was brought down in the box giving us a penalty. Petersen scored from the penalty with the goalkeeper diving the wrong way. We pressed and forced a corner and Vittalone rose highest to head the ball into the roof of the net for 8-0. But we took the gas off the pedal for the remainder of the match and didn't score any more goals. Still, a huge win for Perfect Tactics.

Goals: Silly (5'), Pistov (23', 45'), Nascimento (28'), Blomqvist (33'), Petersen (49', 50' PEN), Vittalone (52')
    MOTM: Vittalone
    Ljepoje likes this.

Season 15 - Level 15

>My team<

Addicted
    after two close victories (1-0 vs an underdog and 2-1 vs the guy who won last season), today I had my highest victory in league ever:

(ST as a goalkeeper wasnt a good idea )

but the strongest team in my league also won 10-0 so my goal difference is still 1 goal short of him ;/

The next few days should be managable for me. In league I will play weaker teams the next days, only day8 and 10 will be tough. In CL I should easily make first place, but I dont expect to go 6-0-0, but I also dont care. In Cup tomorrow I have to carry my 2-0 advantage from the home game over the finish line, which shouldnt be that much of a problem, I didnt watch the last match, one of my players got sent off in '33 and in the end I still had 60% possession.

Fun fact: the guy who got sent off in the Cup match, also got sent off today:

guess that doesnt happen too often, no games for him tomorrow^^
    Ljepoje and July Fourth like this.
    League: 1st - 1st - 3rd - 2nd - 2nd - 1st - 3rd - 1st - 3rd - 2nd
    CL: x - Ro16 - 2nd - Ro4 - Ro8 - 2nd - 2nd - Ro16 - 1st
    Cup: x - Ro8 - 1st - Playoffs - Preliminary - Qualifying - Preliminary - Playoffs - Qualifying - Ro8

███████████
    ███████████
    ███████████

Quote Originally Posted by July Fourth View Post
    Breaking News - Token Investment

July Fourth have confirmed that the chairman of the club has looked at our current team and after scouting our opponents for the league season and the CL, he believes that a further investment of 176T was further needed after July Fourth this morning reached the famous balance of 0T this morning after spending the last 70T earlier on 50 greens and 25 reds, the club have quickly exhaused the 50 greens and proceeded to spend 92T of the new 176T investment on 100 greens to finish the job on Power Training.

Ramirez, Hogan and O'Sullivan are expected to all reach 7*118 tonight and Miku has just reached 8*124.

Breaking News - Injury Room

With the news coming through with the investment on T this morning, July Fourth's medical team have worked hard and announced that both Seaman and Papaleo are available for todays games as we feel we cannot take any chances with important players missing.
    About news headline 1 & 3... How many £/€ are 176T in UK? I noticed that buying through IOS app is the most "expensive" choice. The "cheapest choice's" are buying through the T11 site (Super Reward). Which option do you use? And how many red packs do you get from a lvl 10 medical facility? I get like 3 packs on a 5 day run (lvl 5).
    PROUD MANAGER OF...
    ____________________***______________________