Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: The Reasons Top Eleven is Terrible.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    You have some good points there but I 'm curious
    I 'm playing the game from 2014 but the last two years I 'm inactive in official competitions.
    Just playing with old friends the FA games, some events and spending some time in the forum or TE facebook.

You 're playing only one year but the game has those issues two years now.
    It's nothing new.
    It got much worse in the last 4-5 seasons. Usually, I would lose 1 game and draw 2. Now, I am losing 3 and drawing 4. Also, these losses are coming against teams that are much weaker and/or abandoned.

The real problem is that during certain games, the game makes you lose rather than the manager losing. By removing the agency of the manager these games, Nordeus manipulates the player, thereby violating the basic premise on which the game is being advertised: management.
    Last edited by Berlitz; 10-08-2019 at 04:51 PM.

All those are reasons why I wanted to quit the game this summer, yet I'm still back for this season because of all the nice people I met with Top Eleven really. And there is next to none better football management game out there which is not pay to win.
    It bothers me, that you can't really play the game competitively in a sense, where you just outsmart your opponent by strategy, tactics, planning and so on. An unusual result can appear behind every corner.

For me the way I play this game is just casually leaning back and try to enjoy it as much as possible... That means no spending on the game at all and also not put too much time in it, as it would probably only disappoint me then when I lose against people who don't.
    If that's what Top Eleven developers wanted then yes. I think they earn their money with new players (if I take a look down at low levels on my server, there are so many 8 star teams and so on) or some hardcore players to an extent.
    maloukees and jarharnamme like this.

Addicted
    play pes club manager instead

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    All those are reasons why I wanted to quit the game this summer, yet I'm still back for this season because of all the nice people I met with Top Eleven really. And there is next to none better football management game out there which is not pay to win.
    It bothers me, that you can't really play the game competitively in a sense, where you just outsmart your opponent by strategy, tactics, planning and so on. An unusual result can appear behind every corner.

For me the way I play this game is just casually leaning back and try to enjoy it as much as possible... That means no spending on the game at all and also not put too much time in it, as it would probably only disappoint me then when I lose against people who don't.
    If that's what Top Eleven developers wanted then yes. I think they earn their money with new players (if I take a look down at low levels on my server, there are so many 8 star teams and so on) or some hardcore players to an extent.
    Me too, just enjoy......

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    It bothers me, that you can't really play the game competitively in a sense, where you just outsmart your opponent by strategy, tactics, planning and so on. That means no spending on the game at all and also not put too much time in it, as it would probably only disappoint me then when I lose against people who don't.
    I think that sums it up nicely:

You can't really be competitive (i.e. be a trophy hunter) because winning trophies depends in large part on luck (i.e. not getting a troll - i've been trolled 6 times in finals).
    You can only play casually (i.e. put maybe 10 min a day) because otherwise, you will be disappointed when the engine makes you lose.

Unfortunately I am both. I want a game I can outsmart the opposition and think tactically, not hope the match engine works properly.

Time to return to Football Manager!
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by theclubofwins View Post
    play pes club manager instead
    I read some reviews and it looks like the same as Top Eleven. Pay to win with an element of randomness to spice it up.

Being able to pause the game and not play for a month or so would be helpful, especially for those who end up getting frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
    I think that sums it up nicely:

You can't really be competitive (i.e. be a trophy hunter) because winning trophies depends in large part on luck (i.e. not getting a troll - i've been trolled 6 times in finals).
    You can only play casually (i.e. put maybe 10 min a day) because otherwise, you will be disappointed when the engine makes you lose.

Unfortunately I am both. I want a game I can outsmart the opposition and think tactically, not hope the match engine works properly.

Time to return to Football Manager!
    Yes because at some point you just think about is your time worth it. And it would absolutely be worth it if there was a certain path to somehow guarantee me success, if I wanted to put in a reasonable amount of time and effort. But with Top Eleven there just isn't imo.
    Of course there is stuff like manipulating draws but even then, no guarantee and also quite pointless to play against inactive teams. I abandoned my second club where I did this method.

Also stuff like training, upselling and farming greens, which would probably make you quite succesful is not a fun thing to do. Why would I play a game to not have fun and do boring, repetitive things all the time? It's wasted time there again.
    So for me there is only one way to play the game and that's casual.

Btw: If you are german I know another good manager game but it's like I said only german and no app for mobile devices.

Dreamer
    you only have to look at last event to see how valid all your points are,i dont know if i'm managing a side or just collecting items to help game engine decide outcome of matches,
    i've played 39 matches so far this season of which i have won 32,23 of those wins are in the league ( 49 winning streak in league) only been beaten in 3 yet two of the defeats have seen me out of both CL and LC one of who was a clear tanker and obviously wanted to win a cup, other was a team 30% less than me in both games i seem to have no control of either result no matter what did over the 4 legs of the games it was just sit back and see what excuse the game engine could come up with

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by iansyorkcityfc View Post
    you only have to look at last event to see how valid all your points are,i dont know if i'm managing a side or just collecting items to help game engine decide outcome of matches,
    i've played 39 matches so far this season of which i have won 32,23 of those wins are in the league ( 49 winning streak in league) only been beaten in 3 yet two of the defeats have seen me out of both CL and LC one of who was a clear tanker and obviously wanted to win a cup, other was a team 30% less than me in both games i seem to have no control of either result no matter what did over the 4 legs of the games it was just sit back and see what excuse the game engine could come up with
    This is exactly the problem. During certain pre-determined games, you can only sit back and see how the engine makes you lose.

Eliminated in the Champions League but at least it was against a team of similar quality and not a troll. 1-2, 3-2.Pity I lost on the away goal when my striker was given a red card in the first game on the 2nd min. Also, the 4-5-1V counter to 4-1-3W-2 did not work very well. My defenders were useless.
    Last edited by Berlitz; 10-09-2019 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlitz View Post
    Also, the 4-5-1V counter to 4-1-3W-2 did not work very well. My defenders were useless.
    There are no counter formations in the game anymore, not the obvious ones that were here in the past. This season I changed to a 3-1-4-1-1 with 3 DCs and surprisingly did very well with it, whereas people always said you desparately need wingers in your team as they are the best players.
    I played 4-5-1 V as my main formation for years really and I would always agree on all of that, it's why I never really thought about changing it up.

I could see in the King of the Hill event, where you play the same opponents, probably with the same tactics and formation, multiple times, that I seem to do better against some teams than others on average. And against these where I didn't do to well, I tried other tactics and still didn't do well. So I don't really know, maybe formations are a thing, but if so, then not in a logic kind of way (my 3 DC formation does really well against 4-2-3-1 for example, which is strange as I don't have any wing backs) but more in a rock, paper, scissors kind of way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast