Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Forum Challenge - Assists Challenge Tracking thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Everything performance based will be unfair with lowering quality. How about the team with most number of red cards/yellow cards? We can test the theory whether hard tackling gets us more cards. Am sure not all of us will use hard tackling just to win tokens.
    Anything wrong with the orders can result to cards and goals conceeded but some may have more effect than others. You might be surprised if you selected easy or normal tackling and got cards but hard tackling gave no cards. This is how the game functions.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    I think there are enough of reasons (and also support from the company itself) to manipulate things for additional rewards in this game. Better they come up with something less manipulative, less unfair and something that will give players having lower budgets more equal chance (although I myself I was a higher budget user since I came back to the game).
    What do you mean by higher/lower budget?
    I play on a 35T level and can stay competitive up to a point. The MOTM idea would be easy enough for me to do
    This is all just a forum competitions you realise? A bit of fun

Anything wrong with the orders can result to cards and goals conceeded but some may have more effect than others. You might be surprised if you selected easy or normal tackling and got cards but hard tackling gave no cards. This is how the game functions.
    Yes that’s what I am thinking as well. It didn’t seem to matter what I set. I felt it was totally random.

Quote Originally Posted by gogs67 View Post
    I play on a 35T level and can stay competitive up to a point. The MOTM idea would be easy enough for me to do
    Maybe he was talking about players like me who are quite new that can’t manipulate as effectively yet due to lack of greens and tokens. MOM is kind of performance based as well and a team who lowered quality can easily win more matches and go further in competitions vs those who do not.

By low budget, I meant low on all resources, but especially low on green packs and tokens.

It might be easy for some, especially those that keep 1 monster attacker, for example an 8-9 star winger in an otherwise lower quality team (other main line-up players are 4-6 stars) and it might be fun as it is likely to be fun for someone if he can easily win a competition, but need think about others. It cannot be that a competition is set-up in such a way that it will favor significantly some specific participants because of the team they already have and the way they play the game. What will be even more wrong is if it will favour accounts that are already rich, that is those that do not need tokens as such. Some users have more than 400-500T (some maybe more than a 1000T) and thousands of green packs, but they will still be participating in those 30-50T competitions that they can relatively easily win but for what, maybe for fun but in doing so they prevent the poor ones from getting those tokens they needed much more. But if so, then better all the rest do not even bother participating because they have nearly no chance given how this game functions, and those 'rich' accounts I have mentioned can keep the competition for themselves every season. In another way to say, this competition here will become no different to what long time tankers with mutants have been doing for the Top 100 in the associations competition. There, the tankers can keep top ranks all for themselves and take the rewards every season and here certain specific users can do the same. No point in others to even bother to compete given their huge disadvantage they will already have (and is what will happen soon or later when the others will realise the have no chance to win). Only 16 different users registered for this season's competition (15 in fact, as it is me who pushed the member in my association to partipate too, and I, myself, I did not plan to participate given the tough competitions my team have been put in, but I registered in the last hour). This is already low in terms of participants. I am not saying that the competition should favour the poor ones or newbies or starters, but it should be more fair globally considering all the eligible users on this forum, whatever their resources they have and the way they play the game as long as they are not cheaters. Given how this game functions, and the fact that it will be hard to make the competition fair globally, maybe better would be to balance things, that is make seperate competitions (split tokens from pool even more) or maybe set-up competitions in such a way that in no two or three consecutive seasons, the competition will significantly favor the same specific users.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-07-2019 at 07:48 PM.

Famous
    By low budget, I meant low on all resources, but especially low on green packs and tokens.

It might be easy for some, especially those that keep 1 monster attacker, for example an 8-9 star winger in an otherwise lower quality team (other main line-up players are 4-6 stars) and it might be fun as it is likely to be fun for someone if he can easily win a competition, but need think about others. It cannot be that a competition is set-up in such a way that it will favor significantly some specific participants because of the team they already have and the way they play the game. What will be even more wrong is if it will favour accounts that are already rich, that is those that do not need tokens as such. Some users have more than 400-500T (some maybe more than a 1000T) and thousands of green packs, but they will still be participating in those 30-50T competitions that they can relatively easily win but for what, maybe for fun but in doing so they prevent the poor ones from getting those tokens they needed much more. But if so, then better all the rest do not even bother participating because they have nearly no chance given how this game functions, and those 'rich' accounts I have mentioned can keep the competition for themselves every season. In another way to say, this competition here will become no different to what long time tankers with mutants have been doing for the Top 100 in the associations competition. There, the tankers can keep top ranks all for themselves and take the rewards every season and here certain specific users can do the same. No point in others to even bother to compete given their huge disadvantage they will already have (and is what will happen soon or later when the others will realise the have no chance to win). Only 16 different users registered for this season's competition (15 in fact, as it is me who pushed the member in my association to partipate too, and I, myself, I did not plan to participate given the tough competitions my team have been put in, but I registered in the last hour). This is already low in terms of participants. I am not saying that the competition should favour the poor ones or newbies or starters, but it should be more fair globally considering all the eligible users on this forum, whatever their resources they have and the way they play the game as long as they are not cheaters. Given how this game functions, and the fact that it will be hard to make the competition fair globally, maybe better would be to balance things, that is make seperate competitions (split tokens from pool even more) or maybe set-up competitions in such a way that in no two or three consecutive seasons, the competition will significantly favor the same specific users.
    Like I say, it's just a forum competition, we shouldn't be guilty of overthinking it, the stronger teams tend to win.
    Khris was asking for suggestions for the next one, what would your one be that would level the playing field and let weaker teams have a chance of winning?

Like I say, it's just a forum competition, we shouldn't be guilty of overthinking it, the stronger teams tend to win.
    Khris was asking for suggestions for the next one, what would your one be that would level the playing field and let weaker teams have a chance of winning?
    I already said it in the last lines. Read (or read again).

I believe the strong tend to win the World Cup you guys organise. But clean sheets and assists are not only about being strong, its also about your competition opponents which can be easily manipulated. Same player wins 4 times running but yet it’s still fun for the rest of you who aren’t strong as the strong tend to win. Let’s not overthink it. Oh please

Giving teams who do not manipulate the draws a chance is equivalent to giving weaker teams a chance. What rubbish.
    Last edited by Sillybq; 11-07-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Famous
    I already said it in the last lines. Read (or read again).
    ", that is make seperate competitions (split tokens from pool even more) or maybe set-up competitions in such a way that in no two or three consecutive seasons, the competition will significantly favor the same specific users."

I don't really see any suggestions there for what form the competition would take, bearing in mind we've already had a clean sheet one and are now in an assist one?
    Last edited by gogs67; 11-07-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Briefly, 1st there was the clean sheet competition, 2nd the assists competition and 3rd lets say it will be the MoM competition but there were no restrictions or categorisation. The 3 consecutive competitions favour more or less the same users, and thus it will be likely the same ones that will win season after season or the same types of users or accounts that will win. Why would the others even bother to participate afterwards if it continues this way? You spoke about fun, but where will be the fun for the others? Will it not become sort of same as those events that many users complained about or same as what has been happening in associations?

I spoke in a more neutral way rather than thinking for only myself and making suggestions that would mostly suit me where I would have more chances to win. Anyway, those forum competitions are among the last of my priorities concerning this game. I consider them just as a bonus. As for others that will have significantly less chance, well what can I say more... just consider it only as a forum competition.
    Last edited by Tactician; 11-07-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast