Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Season 128 - Are you ready?

Max

Season 128 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    This season overall is quite easy compared to my last ones.
    I shall see what i am doing in the finals of cup and CL.
    I will start supporting soon, the only reason, I couldn’t attend because some matches were early in the morning and other tones I just forgot, I will be watching and supporting you in the finals should you get there.

Good luck for the season.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    Last edited by Max; 02-15-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    SuperDunk likes this.

Pro
    You forgot one thing @AAA.
    That in the start of the season you need to spend countless hours to find the players you need in order to replace the ones you sold the previous season.
    At least for my server buying FT is a pain in the a** not because i can t afford them but because they don t pop up.
    Had to settle for couple almost FT players.
    Yes, that spending hours to find players replacing sold ones is exactly what I want to minimise (guess most want less too), so keeping more players (hence selling less and also buying less) would make our life less miserable in that first weeks of seasons.

FT in auction is hard to get and costs close to 50T for a really good one, if it does pop up. I settled for my new 19yo 100% GK with 1-on-1 stopper @37T via recommended player too, because GK FT with SA is nearly non-existent.

What I did at start of season 5 was:
    Buy a few 19/20yo 92-95% costs 12-15T each
    Put 30-40 greens for each to boost them to 6* (they would finish season with 112-115%)
    Keep them to start of season 6, and use 30 greens for each in day 1 to boost them to close to 6*
    Cycle continues until finding FTs to replace them. Their best attributes will exceed easily 140%+ with focused training, hence a better player in their designated position than a better-average player used for 1 season, or even a new power-trained FT

97% DMC/DC from start of season 5 (will retire this season - though I really would like to keep again if not for draw)
    https://ibb.co/jTjz5bG

New 18yo ML/DL/DC FT power-trained to 120%
    https://ibb.co/LtV98dZ

Skill & Stat comparison
    https://ibb.co/J5hxpSr

You could see, with 2 full seasons more of focused training on defence (header always tends to be a lot higher because of team bonus training which involves lots of headers, hence not a bad idea to invest a few more T if with aerial defender SA), even a new power-trained 120% FT cannot meet that 97% attributes. Opponents tend to under-estimate and would not check carefully on a 100%- DMC on paper, when the player is a de facto 130% defender in attributes.

I feel what 14 players with a 50T budget is via auctions because I did the same thing from season 2 to 4, hence the suggestion as I also got so fed up with bidding for 12+ players from day 1 to 7 = staring at the auction like nuts, especially before first-11 is settled. That’s more than fine though as long as we are prepared to put in the effort in the auctions.

Just play at our own way as long as we enjoy it.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Yes, that spending hours to find players replacing sold ones is exactly what I want to minimise (guess most want less too), so keeping more players (hence selling less and also buying less) would make our life less miserable in that first weeks of seasons.

FT in auction is hard to get and costs close to 50T for a really good one, if it does pop up. I settled for my new 19yo 100% GK with 1-on-1 stopper @37T via recommended player too, because GK FT with SA is nearly non-existent.

What I did at start of season 5 was:
    Buy a few 19/20yo 92-95% costs 12-15T each
    Put 30-40 greens for each to boost them to 6* (they would finish season with 112-115%)
    Keep them to start of season 6, and use 30 greens for each in day 1 to boost them to close to 6*
    Cycle continues until finding FTs to replace them. Their best attributes will exceed easily 140%+ with focused training, hence a better player in their designated position than a better-average player used for 1 season, or even a new power-trained FT

97% DMC/DC from start of season 5 (will retire this season - though I really would like to keep again if not for draw)
    https://ibb.co/jTjz5bG

New 18yo ML/DL/DC FT power-trained to 120%
    https://ibb.co/LtV98dZ

Skill & Stat comparison
    https://ibb.co/J5hxpSr

You could see, with 2 full seasons more of focused training on defence (header always tends to be a lot higher because of team bonus training which involves lots of headers, hence not a bad idea to invest a few more T if with aerial defender SA), even a new power-trained 120% FT cannot meet that 97% attributes. Opponents tend to under-estimate and would not check carefully on a 100%- DMC on paper, when the player is a de facto 130% defender in attributes.

I feel what 14 players with a 50T budget is via auctions because I did the same thing from season 2 to 4, hence the suggestion as I also got so fed up with bidding for 12+ players from day 1 to 7 = staring at the auction like nuts, especially before first-11 is settled. That’s more than fine though as long as we are prepared to put in the effort in the auctions.

Just play at our own way as long as we enjoy it.
    I m still somewhat curious. why did you deleted me from friends?
    I m still around, LOL!

Pro
    I m still somewhat curious. why did you deleted me from friends?
    Haha, apologies on that! I tried to find you from association tag to add back, but couldn’t find at the start of season (I have written down about 10 names with association names on last day of last season), then forgot about asking when too busy with auctions. Did you change association? Please reply and I will add back straightaway.

Always delete extremely strong +1/=/-1 level just before end of season to avoid being drawn together
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Famous
    Just qualified for the next cup..... but it was hard..

After 2-2 away..... my home game was 0-1 but i focused and attacked hard and made it 2-1......

In the league still the 2 other teams on top with me....
    #1 has 1 point ahead of me and #3... so every point counts and akso how big the goal we make... at the end of the season there is the championship waiting... so i got to focus to make the league title... if i win all my games from now, i got it in my own hands... hard training will hopefully do it again
    SuperDunk and Sillybq like this.

Haha, apologies on that! I tried to find you from association tag to add back, but couldn’t find at the start of season (I have written down about 10 names with association names on last day of last season), then forgot about asking when too busy with auctions. Did you change association? Please reply and I will add back straightaway.

Always delete extremely strong +1/=/-1 level just before end of season to avoid being drawn together
    Rojiblanca capital.
    You deleting me is kind of useless since i am 90 max at the end of each season, so chances you re drawing me are very very slim.
    I m still around, LOL!

Max

I think that would have been unlikely anyway, but I used to do a similar thing with a loyal fan (who is not a forum member as far as I know.) He is still on my friends list anyway. He would support me a lot throughout the season, I would remove him at the end to protect my old Champions League run when I won it back to back, I removed him from my friends list to protect my CL draw in hopes of winning 3 in a row (which I failed miserably because I tanked out of that competition.)

He doesn’t support me much anymore but that’s okay because I am not so active anymore, I still support him occasionally when the time suits.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by maloukees View Post
    Just qualified for the next cup..... but it was hard..

After 2-2 away..... my home game was 0-1 but i focused and attacked hard and made it 2-1......

In the league still the 2 other teams on top with me....
    #1 has 1 point ahead of me and #3... so every point counts and akso how big the goal we make... at the end of the season there is the championship waiting... so i got to focus to make the league title... if i win all my games from now, i got it in my own hands... hard training will hopefully do it again
    I had a close league a few seasons ago when I was on top with 15 wins 1 draw and 1 loss with the least amount of goals conceded.

Second place had 14 wins 2 draws and 1 loss.

And 3rd place (the only team I lost to that season) was unbeaten with 13 wins and 4 draws.

So 3 points between the 3 of us, then second place went to the unbeaten third place’s home ground and beat him 1-6. Which was surprising because they were only 5% in quality apart.

I won my match 5-0, and then it was a 2 horse race, until I beat him 2-1. And then 3 games later I played the third place after and drew 1-1 away from home.

In the end, I had 71 points, second had 68, and 3rd had 65 points. We all scored over 100 goals and conceded a small amount, me having the best defence in the league with 8 goals conceded and second had the best attack with 124 goals and 14 conceded and 3rd scored 102 and conceded 11 (more half of them in the 1-6 home loss to second place).

I was robbed out of the top scorer when the second place AML scored 12 goals in 3 games and beat me by 1 goal.

Good luck with your games and sorry for going into far too much detail.

I have photos of that league table actually

maloukees likes this.

Pro
    Rojiblanca capital.
    You deleting me is kind of useless since i am 90 max at the end of each season, so chances you re drawing me are very very slim.
    Added back.

If that’s you and me were within friend list, the chance of us being drawn together is indeed very slim.

But then we do have a lot of common added managers within friend list, then the chance of we 2 being drawn into the same Cup or CL would multiply by a lot of times (Last season that other manager was in your league (he was 2nd )and my Cup draws (he also ended 2nd ) and he was within my list too - it may become possible that you, me and him are drawn into the CL too when I become the common link of all 3 ).

Will keep until we are drawn then lol

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I think that would have been unlikely anyway, but I used to do a similar thing with a loyal fan (who is not a forum member as far as I know.) He is still on my friends list anyway. He would support me a lot throughout the season, I would remove him at the end to protect my old Champions League run when I won it back to back, I removed him from my friends list to protect my CL draw in hopes of winning 3 in a row (which I failed miserably because I tanked out of that competition.)

He doesn’t support me much anymore but that’s okay because I am not so active anymore, I still support him occasionally when the time suits.

Yea. The chance is very slim, but then I’m kind of a probability guy who never wins a prize draw or raffle, so tends to act towards avoiding ‘negative’ chances when good luck seems hard to come by.

Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast