Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Season 128 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Max McClean View Post
    I feel the need to put my input here again. I agree with you, you are right, you are just one of many who got trolled, I won’t call the teams you played “****ty”, yes there was some abandoned ones but you had a few active contenders if I remember correctly, but you destroyed them.

I don’t really see you exaggerating, I would call it justified as you lost your 200+ unbeaten to a 2 star rated team, yes I made the prediction that your run would come to an end but I would have hoped it would have come to an end against another good manager, or one who gave it their all against you and attended the match. I have freaked out over drawing to a 14% weaker team who was mid table (lol) I was exaggerating, not you.

You are a good player and your record should have ended, although I did see it coming , like I said at the end of the season, it didn’t expect it in this kind of match. Yes losing does happen, but this sort of game is a troll, I would say it is good to get it now than in a final (but it is still frustrating to lose an unbeaten streak that you have spent at least 4-5 months working on)

And he did say you played “****ty” teams, I don’t think your record should be discredited, when I got abandoned teams in the server, I still lost 1 or 2 games a season, so this record is good.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.
    Thanks Max. I just hope Superdunk knows sometimes we should consider others feelings. I read many of his Suazo not scoring posts and I was sympathetic and respectful. I did also think they were exaggerated but I understood that every manager needs an outlet and hope he would do the same for me. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Thanks Max. I just hope Superdunk knows sometimes we should consider others feelings. I read many of his Suazo not scoring posts and I was sympathetic and respectful. I did also think they were exaggerated but I understood that every manager needs an outlet and hope he would do the same for me. That's all.
    I think it is what it is, every manager has the right to complain and it s understandable since the game is badly engineered and sometimes hard to understand although sometimes **** happens IRL football as well, so might give them credit for that.
    You directly bad mouthed me and I felt really angry, thus kind of discrediting your record.
    You re a successful manager and sometimes I praised you. We have to accept this forum as a community and get around each other, the only person I hate in this forum is Militidis or whatever his name is, I can t forgive him and his desire to defend this awful game.I have nothing against you and I accept your appologies.
    But in my defense I still consider I was one of the hardest trolled managers around in the game, thus my complaints sometimes.
    I wish you good luck in your season and I am sure you LL get away with the treble.

Pro
    Thanks HeavensAAA. I had hoped i was the only one affected so i can just mark it down as a bad season. But if others are affected, it might be tougher in general for all of us moving forward.

I do have about 9 players on the bench within the range you mentioned 75-85. I do not have many multiposition players but 7 slots is just right to cover all fielded positions with the few multiposition players i have. Yup my B team is performing better than my first team this season. Most notably in league with regards to goalscoring. But sometimes when the game wants you to lose. There is really nothing much that can be done about it.

I actually did powertrain at the start but i do not take it to the levels you and superdunk do. The players i track are about the same percentage as me and do well too. But i do sell alot of players, 14 out of 28 minimum every season so my competition is always weak. This is the first season i am facing a scoring issue. I think i might make some drastic changes next season if nothing changes soon.

I will heed your advice, stay calm and continue my daily training which the help of your bonus training regime! Hope things change soon! Good luck to us both!
    Yes, exactly. Stay calm and continue training as usual. 1 freak result shouldn’t change our way of playing as it works in all but 1 situations (or a few later, eventually after hundreds and thousands of matches). I lost my hard-earned unbeaten run and went berserk (bet my neighbour must have heard my continuous swearing then ) for that night as well, as going beaten for seasons requires so much hard work in team preparation and concentration during games, and it would only become harder to earn such a long unbeaten run again with seasons ahead likely to be getting harder.

There is a reason why I prefer 2/3-position sub, instead of single-position sub, despite the cost would be some 2-3T more expensive each in general (75%-85%, not higher - any higher is unreasonably costly for subs, for me). If a certain sub somehow works better with current first-11 (we can easily tell from their in-game involvement in key passes, on top of scoring & assist stats), that specific working 2/3-position sub can start and sub more often when any of the 2/3 first-11 has a under-8.0 rating. 30-minute involvement by an impactful sub can easily lead to 2 goals/assists, and they can easily influence the not-so-performing top attackers to somehow score another to sneak the motm when it was very unlikely, and that’s why I’d like the sub to be able to come on at more positions instead of just 1-position.

Eg. 7 subs costing 3T more each = 21T = 21 greens. The multi-position subs (with assist, freekicks gained) somehow help the top attacker achieve motm 5 more times in a season (assuming I don’t cherish the same 6% for most other first-11 players), that 30% extra gained is well worth it when 21 greens can hardly boost the 200%+ attributes. Obviously I am simplifying the contribution, but you probably get what I mean. Plus the 7 multi-position subs can allow a lot of variation to make the best use of better-rating first-11 too, as follows.

And regarding effects of subs, the conventional sub is position-for-position. And that is what I rarely do.
    Eg. My 3 top defenders are ML/DL/DC (Wall SA), DC/DR/MR (Aerial defender SA) & DL/DC/DMC (Playmaker SA). If the opponent is playing a lot of attackers, say 3-4, then I would match with the same number of defenders plus DMC. And in-game, it is common there would be yellow cards and under-7 ratings defenders (basically doing nothing much). Usually I would remove non-performing DL & DR (no attack contribution), move the more-performing first-11 DC to DL/DR, and sub in a DC; or remove the non-performing ML or MR (no assist or under 8-rating), move the 3 top defenders to ML/MR/DMC, and sub in a defender; or move all players up a line (def to mid, mid to AMs), and sub out attackers and replace with defenders.

Just a share of what I do with subs, and hopefully your subs work well enough already.

The bonus training regime is to save 1 more red a day (and somehow helps minimising condition loss when ads fail to load ). Hopefully those extras would be useful to ‘exchange’ for more greens when we start playing loads of friendlies later on.

And yes, subs are playing better than some first-11 and definitely scoring a lot more, for some unknown reasons which never happened in previous season, so try to make the best of them (assist more for our top attackers, not scoring for motm ). Good luck too for both of us there!
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    I think it is what it is, every manager has the right to complain and it s understandable since the game is badly engineered and sometimes hard to understand although sometimes **** happens IRL football as well, so might give them credit for that.
    You directly bad mouthed me and I felt really angry, thus kind of discrediting your record.
    You re a successful manager and sometimes I praised you. We have to accept this forum as a community and get around each other, the only person I hate in this forum is Militidis or whatever his name is, I can t forgive him and his desire to defend this awful game.I have nothing against you and I accept your appologies.
    But in my defense I still consider I was one of the hardest trolled managers around in the game, thus my complaints sometimes.
    I wish you good luck in your season and I am sure you LL get away with the treble.
    Good luck to both of you this season.

Sent from my iPhone using by pressing the Reply button.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    Yes, exactly. Stay calm and continue training as usual. 1 freak result shouldn’t change our way of playing as it works in all but 1 situations (or a few later, eventually after hundreds and thousands of matches). I lost my hard-earned unbeaten run and went berserk (bet my neighbour must have heard my continuous swearing then ) for that night as well, as going beaten for seasons requires so much hard work in team preparation and concentration during games, and it would only become harder to earn such a long unbeaten run again with seasons ahead likely to be getting harder.

There is a reason why I prefer 2/3-position sub, instead of single-position sub, despite the cost would be some 2-3T more expensive each in general (75%-85%, not higher - any higher is unreasonably costly for subs, for me). If a certain sub somehow works better with current first-11 (we can easily tell from their in-game involvement in key passes, on top of scoring & assist stats), that specific working 2/3-position sub can start and sub more often when any of the 2/3 first-11 has a under-8.0 rating. 30-minute involvement by an impactful sub can easily lead to 2 goals/assists, and they can easily influence the not-so-performing top attackers to somehow score another to sneak the motm when it was very unlikely, and that’s why I’d like the sub to be able to come on at more positions instead of just 1-position.

Eg. 7 subs costing 3T more each = 21T = 21 greens. The multi-position subs (with assist, freekicks gained) somehow help the top attacker achieve motm 5 more times in a season (assuming I don’t cherish the same 6% for most other first-11 players), that 30% extra gained is well worth it when 21 greens can hardly boost the 200%+ attributes. Obviously I am simplifying the contribution, but you probably get what I mean. Plus the 7 multi-position subs can allow a lot of variation to make the best use of better-rating first-11 too, as follows.

And regarding effects of subs, the conventional sub is position-for-position. And that is what I rarely do.
    Eg. My 3 top defenders are ML/DL/DC (Wall SA), DC/DR/MR (Aerial defender SA) & DL/DC/DMC (Playmaker SA). If the opponent is playing a lot of attackers, say 3-4, then I would match with the same number of defenders plus DMC. And in-game, it is common there would be yellow cards and under-7 ratings defenders (basically doing nothing much). Usually I would remove non-performing DL & DR (no attack contribution), move the more-performing first-11 DC to DL/DR, and sub in a DC; or remove the non-performing ML or MR (no assist or under 8-rating), move the 3 top defenders to ML/MR/DMC, and sub in a defender; or move all players up a line (def to mid, mid to AMs), and sub out attackers and replace with defenders.

Just a share of what I do with subs, and hopefully your subs work well enough already.

The bonus training regime is to save 1 more red a day (and somehow helps minimising condition loss when ads fail to load ). Hopefully those extras would be useful to ‘exchange’ for more greens when we start playing loads of friendlies later on.

And yes, subs are playing better than some first-11 and definitely scoring a lot more, for some unknown reasons which never happened in previous season, so try to make the best of them (assist more for our top attackers, not scoring for motm ). Good luck too for both of us there!
    I love triple position players but they are ex. And I only joined associations since level 4 so I am a little thrifty with my spending. Plus I mentioned that I sell min 14 players every season and they have to be replaced so it usually 50 tokens gone. That is also why I don't like gambling with odds for associations. If I feel they ain't good and active enough, I will leave. I rather get 50 than stay in the prestigious platinum only to get demoted the next season. And frankly I am also not good enough. I usually hit 100 at the end of the 2nd week and 110 by the end of the season. Last season higher cos of YA and this season higher as well because I am really worried about the lack of goals.

Yes the training regime helps heaps when you look at it over the entire season. 1 day might not mean much but over time. It can really make a difference. Next season I will try to be more patient and target triple positions. I usually try to settle all initial purchases on Sunday as Mondays are usually my busiest day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    Thanks Superdunk. Let's forget about what was said today. I did directly badmouth you in retaliation as I was already in a foul mood because of my loss and you kind of rubbed it in and said some mean things too.

Drew against the league's best team Red Devil 1-1 at home. Early goals canceled each other out. He attended the game, I didn't. Lost first place to the other guy who has only one loss (to me) while I have no losses but two draws. Going to be a three horse race probably.

Surprisingly I actually won my CL group, on head to head. The team I played today was three points ahead and beat me 1-0 at his stadium, today I somehow won 6-2. Quarterfinal is now likely but won't be going further than that. I really stumbled into a hellish Champions League line-up this time. No chance.

Both of my opponents today are stronger than me by a few % and I didn't attend either game so it was a good day. Crucial game tomorrow, second leg in the cup quarterfinal against my friend. Dead even after we drew 0-0 at my stadium. Winner of the tie is a clear favorite to win the cup. Gotta score...
    Last edited by DoctorRedDevil; 02-14-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    United FC: 6 leagues (1 invincible), 1 cup, 2 CLs
    St. Tropez 1964: 6 leagues (1 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL (One treble)
    Newton Heath: 7 leagues (2 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL, 1 SL, 1 SC
    The Black Pearl: 3 leagues (1 inv), 2 cups, 1 CL, 2 SL, 1 SC
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Manchester Heath: 6 leagues (3 inv), 4 Champions Leagues, 2 Cups, 3 Super Leagues, 4 Super Cups... (One quadruple)

Pro
    I love triple position players but they are ex. And I only joined associations since level 4 so I am a little thrifty with my spending. Plus I mentioned that I sell min 14 players every season and they have to be replaced so it usually 50 tokens gone. That is also why I don't like gambling with odds for associations. If I feel they ain't good and active enough, I will leave. I rather get 50 than stay in the prestigious platinum only to get demoted the next season. And frankly I am also not good enough. I usually hit 100 at the end of the 2nd week and 110 by the end of the season. Last season higher cos of YA and this season higher as well because I am really worried about the lack of goals.

Yes the training regime helps heaps when you look at it over the entire season. 1 day might not mean much but over time. It can really make a difference. Next season I will try to be more patient and target triple positions. I usually try to settle all initial purchases on Sunday as Mondays are usually my busiest day at work.
    Having a 100% team is good enough to join a platinum association, especially with your outstanding records. That extra 50T (vs gold 1) will allow you to invest even more towards the best FT, which gradually makes your team even stronger season after season.

In terms of a ‘good’ draw, from these few seasons’ experience it is ‘easy’ enough even when we bring 9 core players into the next season. This is my first season I try to bring more than 8 players, and it still works very well. Turnover of squad in new season is only 9 players, consisting of 2 FTs (should be 1 FT plus 1 90%+ for 1 season, but couldn’t resist the 33T on auctions for a 18yo 97% ML/DL/DC of about 3% under max value with the ‘lucky’ 20% token-back box opened earlier), plus 7 subs.

Eg. By the end of last season, my top 9 players’ average was around 120%. Plus a 40%+ 18yo and a 20%+ 19yo, and another 8 x 1* players. The league’s top 2 opponents are 70%, the cup’s best 2 are 71% & 70% and CL’s best 2 are 88% (now 94%) and 86%. After strengthening my team, I still have 20%+ advantage (now 116%) over the best opponent in CL, and pretty confident that winning the treble would not be an issue.

Just a suggestion that you could consider keeping and bringing more players into the new season, instead of having to buy 14 new players each season. I did very similar to that until level 4 (I was bringing only 6 core players, so had to buy 12 - 5 first-11 and 7 subs then). That was both very stressful (to keep bidding for so many players) and expensive in T (80%+ 2-position easily costs 5T, let alone first-11 close to 90% costs 8T or more each at least). My association mates reminded me that even 5T per season means 35T for a 18yo FT to be used until 24yo for 7 seasons is very cheap, considering that the best stats keep improving. And more importantly, team performance would be a lot more stable with minimal change of personnel.

That I brought 9 from last season means I only ‘need’ to buy 2 first-11, with 1 to be FT and another 90%+ to fill the gap (that extra 25T FT was so cheap over 7 seasons that it makes no sense to buy 7 players in each season when it I would be more expensive and worse in quality). It means that I only need to look at 2 positions from day 1, plus 7 x ‘5T-or-less 2/3-position 80% subs. Some subs could even be as cheap as 3T if we could get through till day 5. That makes life a lot less stressful when it comes to auctions, and also saves T too.
    (I’ll bring 10 into next season and see how it goes. If it still works, then it will save another 10T each season and put back 5-6T in average to build another FT. Even less stressful )

The key starting this is to build this extra first-11 to be brought forward is buying and keeping those 19/20 yo of close to 90% (ideally with useful SA even at a few T extra), so quality-wise they will stay the same over 3 seasons when we start to invest further into the 18yo FT as the very core when we don’t have to worry about replenishing those as they are good enough.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 02-14-2020 at 11:28 PM.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

You forgot one thing @AAA.
    That in the start of the season you need to spend countless hours to find the players you need in order to replace the ones you sold the previous season.
    At least for my server buying FT is a pain in the a** not because i can t afford them but because they don t pop up.
    Had to settle for couple almost FT players.
    I m still around, LOL!

This season overall is quite easy compared to my last ones.
    I shall see what i am doing in the finals of cup and CL.
    I m still around, LOL!

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast