Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Season 141 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Can't really confirm it, but just say that -
    Overall quality playes a big roll in todays engine, so why would you go for negative grey skills unless you are an extremely association focused or hard manipulating manager, it doesn't make any sense for a rather normal player to go for it. Train the greys to get your whites higher, get your overall higher and keep the player longer.
    Am contemplating keeping one of my older guys but it is likely that his greys will be in negative territory even with mixed training. I get what you mean regarding overall quality. Even training bonuses plays a big roll from my recent tanking experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Am contemplating keeping one of my older guys but it is likely that his greys will be in negative territory even with mixed training. I get what you mean regarding overall quality. Even training bonuses plays a big roll from my recent tanking experiences.
    Just train him all the drills possible, even the ones with 1 or 2 whites and some greys in. I do it with my older players as well, I think it's better than keeping them at low quality as mini mutants.

Need to validate something. Can anyone help confirm this statement? Someone experienced (high level) mentioned this to me but I can't find anything in guides on it.

Players with negative grey skills are more likely to go missing in important matches and the team is more likely to get trolled.
    Imo, yes its very possible. My old man. has been quite a number of seasons where i have had to train greys. Back to your main point, look at his performances and make your own conclusions. How many times has your key player performed below an 8 rating? And how many times have you seen one with a 5 rating? Never experienced this when his greys were in positive territory. It might have been possible against strong opponents but mine are mostly weak during the first 2 weeks of season.

Season 141 - Are you ready?-286cbd3a-6078-4f7a-a92f-cbd3d2bf3ad2.jpg
    Season 141 - Are you ready?-d3a48761-3861-4537-ad62-5c97f3447fb5.jpg
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Thanks for the advise guys. Think i will just sell him and build a new guy. I agree with der ryan that overall quality seems to determine some matches. Have beaten some teams that have high whites but lower overall quality as well.

Kinda defeats the purpose in upselling altogether if overall quality trumps whites. In their own way, they did fix upselling.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Kinda defeats the purpose in upselling altogether if overall quality trumps whites. In their own way, they did fix upselling.
    Upselling is only good for saving green packs on your main account, because it is easier and cheaper to train a very good player. But for having all the skills at 300+% it doesn't matter anymore in my opinion. And then it is to much work to upsell a player.
    Sillybq likes this.

Rookie
    Alright, I'm looking for some advice.

I am out of the SL, out of the cup and in the league I have very little chance of finishing higher than 3rd. I could get away with playing my reserves and still finish third. Should I use my reserves, and hard train my first team every day ready for next season? Or should I just continue playing my first squad?

I guess the question is, do players gain more % from training 4/5 times a day, or training 2 times a day plus a game?

Quote Originally Posted by mattyg1306 View Post
    Alright, I'm looking for some advice.

I am out of the SL, out of the cup and in the league I have very little chance of finishing higher than 3rd. I could get away with playing my reserves and still finish third. Should I use my reserves, and hard train my first team every day ready for next season? Or should I just continue playing my first squad?

I guess the question is, do players gain more % from training 4/5 times a day, or training 2 times a day plus a game?
    How about a mix? Hard train first squad non MOM winning positions and play the attackers.
    That way you get the best of both worlds
    mattyg1306 and HeavensAAA like this.

Rookie
    How about a mix? Hard train first squad non MOM winning positions and play the attackers.
    That sounds like a good plan. I was thinking earlier, that my AMC gains more % than most other players in matches so it would make sense to put him in matches, but not the same for others. Thanks!

I have a question as well. I have seen some players with 400-500 plus finishing. When i ask them why they do that since the cap is 340, i am told that it makes them better players as its the overall attacking value of the player that matters not the individual skills. True?

I have never come close to any skill hitting 300 till this season (due to tanking). Am just checking as this might mean that multiple positions are a really good idea and i dont have to spend so much time and effort raising shooting.

I have a question as well. I have seen some players with 400-500 plus finishing. When i ask them why they do that since the cap is 340, i am told that it makes them better players as its the overall attacking value of the player that matters not the individual skills. True?

I have never come close to any skill hitting 300 till this season (due to tanking). Am just checking as this might mean that multiple positions are a really good idea and i dont have to spend so much time and effort raising shooting.
    In my opinion these averages at the bottom are not important. 500% finishing could be with the top scorer awards. Of course it raises overall quality of the player, so not too bad as well.
    I would make sure however, that the other white skills for the position are also high. I have some skills on 300%+ for young players to keep them longer on a high level.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast