Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Do tactics really work or this game is pay to win

Rookie
    Read this topic:

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleven-general-discussion/81640-how-get-weak-league.html#post675631

I follow the last comment from HeavensAAA. That‘s everything.

I‘m level 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzzz View Post
    Read this topic:

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...tml#post675631

I follow the last comment from HeavensAAA. That‘s everything.

I‘m level 24.
    Thanks @Tzzz

Quote Originally Posted by cluelessplayer View Post
    I have been playing this game for about 6 years now and in that time I have invested money, I have also invested time to develop players even before nordeus made training before matches a thing. I have tried different tactics but somehow I always fall short of winning trophies. Somehow I meet teams that have invested more or tankers with solid teams. I mean why would we have tankers if you could win with a 110% team and good tactics. So IMO in the past six years I have come to realize that this game has nothing to do with managerial skills is about who has the better team.
    Managerial skills is wide ranging and encompasses many things in TE. Creating a better team included among many others mentioned in previous posts. Remember all of us manage with different amounts of resources and time and this can affect how we play. Tactics do work but its effectiveness is random just like all other elements in the game

Tactics do work but only in clutch situations in a live match. There you can see an instant slight change in the algorithm. Everything else is white player skills and greens/watching commercials/pay to win.

P.S. Remember: Everything in this game is designed to make them money, to play on your emotions and impulse buys and to earn them money. This game is not designed around ordinary players and it's not designed so that you will feel smarter as a football manager.
    Last edited by PohlepniGadovi; 06-01-2021 at 06:57 AM.

Rookie
    Do white skills even matter recently though? Not even a year ago, I remembering being able to make players perform very well at certain roles by elevating certain white skills through training. Now, my semi-mutated (through years and years of training) AML who has 72%-184%-84% gets 10.0 ratings for most matches where my opponent is more than 10% weaker. But then when lined up against a 114%-127%-105% or similar, he rarely crosses over the 7 and almost never across the 8. Before TE 2021 edition, he scored and scored and reset every offensive statistic in my club. My AMR who is 118%-158%-125% will be much more consistent in tougher games, although I am still trying to get the a stronger "power role" assigned to him again like before signing my new DC. This makes me think, have they watered it down to where only and only overall quality matters?
    Last edited by InvincibleGinger FC; 06-01-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Rookie
    According to my experience: No

High white skills are still very important. My team has 120%, but all players have around 200% in their white skills. I win without a problem against players with 130% but no high white skills. I didn‘t notice a change since the TopEleven2021-Update.
    But maybe I have just luck…

Rookie
    The biggest difference I noticed is how my players go up and down the flanks, and consequently tried and true tactics started failing. Probably it is just me not using my players correctly. I have been adapting a very new style of play and it has been partially going well and partially... um not so well. But..... I do have a lot of superior opponents in my league that allows me to test a few things, although nothing of great success yet. On the flip side, my Champion's League and Cup have been doing well. It just seems like my team can crush a -5% team but struggles badly against +5% opponent.

Addicted
    This is my personal thought about player versus.

Player A: 120% All skills are balanced around 120%
    Player B: 100% White skills above 200%
    Player C: 100% Grey skills extreme low ( negative)

Game engine firstly compares players AvQ which gives Player A an edge over other players in the fight for the tackle. Second comparision is based on player's individual skills. The higher related skills in a position, the more players win the duels. Still, you must not forget that there is no matter how high the white skills(i.e 340%), Player C gets a big rating penalty in League, Cup and CL because of the minus skills.
    khris likes this.

Rookie
    Hmm that sounds strange
    Here some points I find important:
    - I pay the maximum amount of money as winning bonus to my players. Personally I think that helps to motivate them
    - I always play with the same tactic, 4-1-2-2-1, defensive style. I think changing the tactic too much confuses the players
    - My strongest players play on AML and AMR, in my opinion the by far most important position (they score most of the goals)

…and of course the usual things than max. training bonus, max morale, good shape and so on

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiKo View Post
    This is my personal thought about player versus.

Player A: 120% All skills are balanced around 120%
    Player B: 100% White skills above 200%
    Player C: 100% Grey skills extreme low ( negative)

Game engine firstly compares players AvQ which gives Player A an edge over other players in the fight for the tackle. Second comparision is based on player's individual skills. The higher related skills in a position, the more players win the duels. Still, you must not forget that there is no matter how high the white skills(i.e 340%), Player C gets a big rating penalty in League, Cup and CL because of the minus skills.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean with "rating penalty"?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast