Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Is there an explenation?

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Posts
    5

    Is there an explanation?

    I just had two consecutive matches in which the opponent's goalkeeper is a monster and has a score of 8.5. The first one I won 2-0 versus a tream 60% less than me, so I had 20 chances to score but only converted 2. The other one I lost vs an equal team in value. I'm just curious because I have a on-fire goal keeper which has the play style maxed, but he never is a monster in my matches. Maybe there is some special food that those GK eat .
    Last edited by Hankumata; 01-13-2024 at 11:02 AM.

  2. #2
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    616
    yeah, it called x mutagen

  3. #3
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankumata View Post
    I just had two consecutive matches in which the opponent's goalkeeper is a monster and has a score of 8.5. The first one I won 2-0 versus a tream 60% less than me, so I had 20 chances to score but only converted 2. The other one I lost vs an equal team in value. I'm just curious because I have a on-fire goal keeper which has the play style maxed, but he never is a monster in my matches. Maybe there is some special food that those GK eat .
    It's not just happening to you. Noticed myself they truly tightened up the game results and gave goalies some superpowers. I have seen saves that I never saw before but interestingly this does not seem to happen that much to my goalie only the adversary. They definitely changed something in the engine. I guess it is part of making matches more balanced. The results had to be reigned in because these lopsided 10-0 and more just did not make any sense if one tried to make the game more realistic. However, they did make goalies more reactive as I said not mine but the adversary's definitely.

    I also still believe they ought to make the GK come out more even if they are not a sweeper keeper. I have a GK without playstyle but he has very high anticipation % and rushing out % and still he does not do much of that. They need to make players more responsive to the % of skills they have otherwise they are useless skills no matter how high the % It's I cannot believe still how many shots a high shooting/finishing player misses and easy ones at that

  4. #4
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankumata View Post
    I just had two consecutive matches in which the opponent's goalkeeper is a monster and has a score of 8.5. The first one I won 2-0 versus a tream 60% less than me, so I had 20 chances to score but only converted 2. The other one I lost vs an equal team in value. I'm just curious because I have a on-fire goal keeper which has the play style maxed, but he never is a monster in my matches. Maybe there is some special food that those GK eat .
    We call to that "scenarios", because the Game select some of the posible factors to determine the upcoming score, -condition, morale, win bonus etc- and the rating variables so to decide Who participates or resolve a scenario -scenario is always determined by weather-.
    What you experienced is what we call a Super GK scenario.

    Try to read matches in the same way the engine thinks.

  5. #5
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    457
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    We call to that "scenarios", because the Game select some of the posible factors to determine the upcoming score, -condition, morale, win bonus etc- and the rating variables so to decide Who participates or resolve a scenario -scenario is always determined by weather-.
    What you experienced is what we call a Super GK scenario.

    Try to read matches in the same way the engine thinks.
    with all due respect Khris, it's not a scenario it's BS. Pure bull. All you mentioned is only taken into consideration not completely random but because the scenarios as you call them give the results the engine is already programmed to give because ALL final standings are already determined when the season starts. Honestly, all results whether they are good or bad only lead to obtaining the result at the end of each competition that was already pre-chosen to be. I have mathematical proof, There will be no surprise results unless they all fit to obtain the results that the game has predetermined. For example, I had two great results in a row by drawing two games in a row with the two teams that were first and third in the league. I am fourth and by drawing these games because of the point difference NOTHING changed for anyone. So the apparent great results against stronger teams yielded nothing to impact the result. Happens every season, every competition. This game is a money-making scheme designed only to give the impression that anything we do counts but sadly it counts very little. If one does not spend they have to go through hell to obtain some good result. Spending this season determines the outcome of next season, spend more they may afford you some trophy as a reward not for good training and good formations and tactics but for spending. It's up to them by the way what league or with what team they pair us with in the other competitions to make it easier or harder. It's a scheme not a true percentage game based on real training and preparation and quality, That's the real scenario!
    Last edited by MARCO CAIA; 01-15-2024 at 09:16 PM.

  6. #6
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,342
    Quote Originally Posted by MARCO CAIA View Post
    with all due respect Khris, it's not a scenario it's BS. Pure bull. All you mentioned is only taken into consideration not completely random but because the scenarios as you call them give the results the engine is already programmed to give because ALL final standings are already determined when the season starts. Honestly, all results whether they are good or bad only lead to obtaining the result at the end of each competition that was already pre-chosen to be. I have mathematical proof, There will be no surprise results unless they all fit to obtain the results that the game has predetermined. For example, I had two great results in a row by drawing two games in a row with the two teams that were first and third in the league. I am fourth and by drawing these games because of the point difference NOTHING changed for anyone. So the apparent great results against stronger teams yielded nothing to impact the result. Happens every season, every competition. This game is a money-making scheme designed only to give the impression that anything we do counts but sadly it counts very little. If one does not spend they have to go through hell to obtain some good result. Spending this season determines the outcome of next season, spend more they may afford you some trophy as a reward not for good training and good formations and tactics but for spending. It's up to them by the way what league or with what team they pair us with in the other competitions to make it easier or harder. It's a scheme not a true percentage game based on real training and preparation and quality, That's the real scenario!
    I can't be fully agree with what you say, my viewpoint comes from another angle, which has many elements to consider as the beatability margin and the team simplification that the engine does, this counting too the simulation nature of the engine that only simulates attacking actions, still I can understand the frustration.
    But It comes from a basic mistake which is to make of all intuitive and perceptible margins, a non sense, once they've added players out of the own game lĂ­mits at +200%, thats a problem because you may not be able to know whats happening and how to resolve it.
    Mostly of scenarios have a reactive way to be resolved, by turning the possession bar and switching settings+ sub players inactive, but due the excess of AvQ many times score feels rigged

  7. #7
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Posts
    5
    Okay, I understand that there are multiple scenarios and the engine choses one based on the factors(enery, morale,training), but that is exactly where I see the issue. Like I said with the team that was net inferior to me I had my players full energy and morale, training was closed to maxed. What did the other guy do to deserve the "super GK"? Usually I trash teams like this with 7-0. With the other team I can sort of understand that he might have better team overall and better training, but that means the first team received this scenario at random. This sucks because we have no consistancy in the game. I agree surprises can happen but when you are an active manager with a nearly perfectly prepared team and see you are cheated by the engine, you get frustrated. Also...is very suspect that this happend to me twice, one match after the other. Maybe the developers have some kind of algorithm that unjustlly treats the player once in a while, to make him spend some money in the hopes of getting better.
    khris likes this.

  8. #8
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    620
    Gk with the man of match means you were trolled or your opponent was trolled.
    And usually this happens after series of wins.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2023
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by tomu741 View Post
    Gk with the man of match means you were trolled or your opponent was trolled.
    And usually this happens after series of wins.
    Thanks! I really think this is the explanation

  10. #10
    Spanish Forum Moderator khris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    16,342
    Quote Originally Posted by Hankumata View Post
    Thanks! I really think this is the explanation
    This happens because of the rating variable. Your scorers* have a pattern in ratings, and they reach the Max which is 9-10 during few games in a row with Max performance.
    After something like 9-10-10 a 7/8 will come, and this force the engine to select other players to be determinant when you need to resolve a match. In this case the MoM can jump to the GK.
    Last edited by khris; 01-17-2024 at 08:39 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast