Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Need help about arrows.

Arrows make player go 1 square forward or backward... I really don't see the point putting reds on strikers... What will they do hug the opponent's goalkeeper? Same for defence why put blue he will hug my goalkeeper. The only usefulness in arrows I see is blue on DMC in narrow diamond. While attacking he will be a DC and it is good to have another DC...
    Cat Harrison likes this.

I will try to beat you with 4-1-2-1-2 Narrow Diamond Formation

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Christiansen View Post
    Arrows make player go 1 square forward or backward... I really don't see the point putting reds on strikers... What will they do hug the opponent's goalkeeper? Same for defence why put blue he will hug my goalkeeper. The only usefulness in arrows I see is blue on DMC in narrow diamond. While attacking he will be a DC and it is good to have another DC...
    Any evidence, source that all what arrows do is move player a square forward or backward?

Im not a big fan of arrows only use it if i dont have a player in that position, cause a proper player is always better than someone with arrows means if i use red for a mr he turns to amr, but it's far away from having same effects in the game as a real amr and so on, so i think its ok if u don't have the player for the position u put the arrows but if u have the player better put him and no arrows. Yea i agree red on Stricker is not logic, as a striker is supposed to be in front line anyway and defender blue same, he is already back line...

Whatever way it works its important to remember players are not static - I could put arrows and ball& chain on my main DC but he'll still get on the end of a long ball forward or take a run thru everyone and 'round' the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    Any evidence, source that all what arrows do is move player a square forward or backward?
    I have read this in those ask the devlopers things...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Whatever way it works its important to remember players are not static - I could put arrows and ball& chain on my main DC but he'll still get on the end of a long ball forward or take a run thru everyone and 'round' the keeper.
    Hahaha!! Win! Good one!

The only thing that keeps in my head about arrows. If and AMR on AML has a red arrow what will he become? SMR or SML? Those positions aren't included in the game...
    And in the mobile app you can put a blue and red arrow on goalkeeper... What good will I have from that? Will the goalkeeper play in the middle of the half or he will stay inside the goal...

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Christiansen View Post
    Hahaha!! Win! Good one!

The only thing that keeps in my head about arrows. If and AMR on AML has a red arrow what will he become? SMR or SML? Those positions aren't included in the game...
    And in the mobile app you can put a blue and red arrow on goalkeeper... What good will I have from that? Will the goalkeeper play in the middle of the half or he will stay inside the goal...
    That's why I don't think of arrows as 'position changes'. I think of them as desire or eagerness to get forward (or back). An MR with a red arrow is still an MR in my mind, but its an MR that will get forward to an advanced position quicker or more readily (and use more condition doing it) than if it had no arrow. I also think that a MR with a blue arrow will still attack but when the ball is lost he'll get back quicker than if no arrow (but again will lose more condition doing so).

In my mind it also sits better alongside the Mentality settings in Orders. You can use mentality to make the whole team eager to attack then use red arrows to make individuals even more eager to attack. But thats just me.
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-21-2014 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added a 'quicker'

That's why I don't think of arrows as 'position changes'. I think of them as desire or eagerness to get forward (or back). An MR with a red arrow tis still an MR in my mind, but its an MR that will get forward to an advanced position (and use more condition doing it) than if it had no arrow. I also think that a MR with a blue arrow will still attack but when the ball is lost he'll get back quicker than if no arrow (but again will lose more condition doing so).

In my mind it also sits better alongside the Mentality settings in Orders. You can use mentality to make the whole team eager to attack then use red arrows to make individuals even more eager to attack. But thats just me.
    Im curious about the advanced position u mentioned, the advanced position of mr would be amr, and with blue he would go one position behind, would be dmr, so it is kinda position thing, just depends whether u have the ball o u defend.i think as u said u can take care of these things just by the mentality, and defender and dmc and normal midfielder i think still defend normal even if u use attack mentality, its not like they then only in the opponents half, i think attacking mentality just means they all go one step forward if u have the ball, so no arrows needed even with for example attacking mentality defender after lose the ball still defend back haha. I think half of top eleven user dont ever use any arrows n still win games n stuff, n i agree to the former post, blue on for example dc o wing back o red on Stricker is nonsense as there is no more forward or backward in their position play
    Last edited by Peter Renn; 06-21-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Renn View Post
    Im curious about the advanced position u mentioned, the advanced position of mr would be amr, and with blue he would go one position behind, would be dmr, so it is kinda position thing, just depends whether u have the ball o u defend.
    I mean it not as a 'fixed game starting position' sense - I could probably have said 'get forward, more advanced' instead. My personal belief (not based on any hard evidence) is that a red arrow doesn't change an MR to an AMR. It makes him more eager to get forward - he's still an MR and adopts starting positions in moves that an MR would,but then attacks quicker than a normal MR would..

For example: a 3-5-2 with red arrows on the wide men is not an 3-3-2W-2 which has no arrows (in my mind). In the 3-5-2 example the MR with red arrow will try to get forward (and possibly into the space an AMR would be in).....but he doesn't start as an AMR he is starting as an MR. Whereas in the 2W example the AMR starts as an AMR so in the same time it takes MR to move up, he will have moved forward too. In other words an MR with red arrow and an AMR in a foot race will start at different points but the MR will run quicker.

I'd be able to explain it better if I counters on a table that I could move to show you.

EDIT: lol, in the time I took to write and rewrite that I missed my match. Thank goodness that my team trolled 3 goals in the last 10 mins to win 3-1. >.<
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 06-21-2014 at 05:21 PM.

I mean it not as a 'fixed game starting position position' - I could probably have said 'get forward, more advanced' instead. My personal belief (not based on any hard evidence) is that a red arrow doesn't change an MR to an AMR. It makes him more eager to get forward.

For example: a 3-5-2 with red arrows on the wide men is not an 3-3-2W-2 which has no arrows (in my mind). In the 3-5-2 example the MR with red arrow will try to get forward (and possibly into the space an AMR would be in).....but he doesn't start as an AMR he is starting as an MR. Whereas in the 2W example the AMR starts as an AMR so in the same time it takes MR to move up, he will have moved forward too. In other words an MR with red arrow and an AMR in a foot race will start at different points but the MR will run quicker.

I'd be able to explain it better if I counters on a table that I could move to show you.
    Yes of course i agree u always start in your position and then then for example the mr while attacking goes as amr and while defending he can go back into a dmr, but still normal position is mr i know, that what i try to say is it depends u attack o defend where ur player will be but i say if i play with dmc o amr i dont need red arrows on mr o dc cause i have players already in this position
    And a dc o striker doesn't need red o blue arrows as they can't go more back o forward

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast