Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Allan Taylor View Post
    Hockey is my life.

I actually play hockey for a hobby. I'm one of the crazy fools who thinks it's fun to put ones self in front of that 6 oz chunk of vulcanized rubber. Sadly at the moment I am living in an area where hockey isn't popular (fools!) so I haven't been on the ice since the start of spring.

Obviously, I like football/soccer and I'm terrible at it, but beyond that I'm only into recreational sports. Stuff like horseshoes, volley ball, ultimate frisbee, and bowling.

I cannot stand American Football, Baseball, or Basketball. I have a habit of falling asleep to those kind of sports. Even watching it live and in person.
    All goalies are at least a little crazy! Who would want to get in front of a slap shot?
    Cat Harrison likes this.

RETIRED
    Level 25, Season 25, 18 League Titles, 10 CL Titles, 3 Cup Titles
    Server 201, 4-5-1 V-style fan, 0 Tokens bought

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by RJSlow View Post
    All goalies are at least a little crazy! Who would want to get in front of a slap shot?
    Crazy. It's in the job description. (Honest, I've read a pro hockey contract that had 'crazy' as a requirement of the contract.)

There is no feeling in the world like making that show stopping save. Most of the time you have no idea how you did it, forget about the shooter, lol. I've had a few shutouts too (3-4? not sure at all honestly). That's a pretty unique feeling too.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    At one point my BvB had Grant Fuhr as GK. I've added a few hockey names into the T11 player pool. Keith Tkachuk is still playing on one of my alts.

All hockey GK's must be a certain kind of crazy, but it's a crazy I admire.
    Cody Allan Taylor likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    At one point my BvB had Grant Fuhr as GK. I've added a few hockey names into the T11 player pool. Keith Tkachuk is still playing on one of my alts.

All hockey GK's must be a certain kind of crazy, but it's a crazy I admire.
    I'm reading that as "Cat Harrison admires me" <3 lololol
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Manager of Foresters FC and Guide FC. Both teams on server '161'.

Wondering if I took the time to type out that fancy formation? Nah, check out my python script!

▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does anyone else on here watch baseball and hate the new catcher's rule as much as I do?
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am from Canada, so Hockey is of course number one here, but give me football any day. I also enjoy NCAA football which is really American rugby and has nothing to do with football. Basket ball comes next, but I just hate baseball. It is a chewing & spitting game of fat men. It's not a sport!

I can't help it, I'm a baseball fan because I couldn't have been any other way.

Hockey I chose to love though, baseball has just always been there (like soccer) part of my life. I think hockey is the best as it is so fast and the level of skill incredible. But, try hitting a tiny ball coming at you at 90 mph it's pretty d@!m hard to do.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm originally from outside Dallas, Texas, so American Football is in my blood. My mom has hundreds of pictures of me when I was young, and in nearly every one I'm holding a pigskin. This time of year, the NFL is my world. I have a 'man cave' (my one requirement when we bought a house) and it is a shrine to the Dallas Cowboys...and Star Wars (nerd-jock, the most underrated subculture).

I used to be into Baseball, but ever since the strike, I just can't get back into it.

Like a lot of Americans, Football (soccer) was a later passion. Like most, I always heard about what a joke of a game it was growing up. Than I moved to Mexico for 5 months when I was 19...living in that culture shock at that age really changes how you see the rest of the world.

Not into following it, but love me some ping-pong too
    Cat Harrison likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast