Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Goonskies - From Rags to Riches

Dreamer
    love it ... that's what it's all about .. the underdogs winning, not because of the troll engine, but winning through careful planning and better tactics.
    Good luck in your hunt for glory ))

Second Underdog Win, Ready for Third?

Goonskies have found a second wind after defeating fourth strongest in the league Mai FC 1-2 at their home. This could be what Goonskies needed to upset the league as well as push a spot into the Champions League Qualification Place. "The second win in this campaign against a stronger team has set my team in a cheery mood. In a few hours we will be facing third strongest in the league, and I feel we might be able to do well against them. On paper they can easily beat us, but with Trollinho temporarily on our side we can topple any opposition!"

thanks, but yeah i could admit defeat here and the next match though. funny thing how i won, i set my backs with blue arrows and as usual during a counter my CB kochy kochy (koscielny) went up and scored. i was more than happy to get a draw though since it wasnt at home, then he done scored after poleski passed it to him
    pique dont got no nothing against murtle and kochy kochy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-againstmaifc.jpg  
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    take my posts with a sack of salt
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

i am the fonz | je suis le fonz | saya adalah sang fonz
    fluent with these languages and can understand 3 more
    Click here to learn a new language, absolutely free!

The inbeatable, indefeated, unvincible duet - Goonskies - Rags to Riches!
    kudos to cat

Good Luck Streak Ends

With the 1-2 defeat at home against Hao FC, third strongest in the league, currently in eighth place, Goonskies' lucky streak ends. Wankin' Goons are at an uproar across the city as they feel the match has been rigged by the once beloved Trollinho. "This could be karma from trolling Su Su FC and Mai FC, so I could have accepted it if it were a fair match. They were down two players after their strikers Gimenes and Zabrodin were injured, and were not replaced. I entered the field during the sixty-fifth minute to sub on Poleski for Arseshaver in hopes of at least drawing. After both their players were injured, it turned into an eighty-twenty percent possession for the final twenty five minutes, but to no avail. Not to mention Jake Willis has been injured for six days with a broken foot. May The Fonz have pity on his poor soul and not sell him."

today woulve been my record breaking, earth shattering 5 days without an injury celebration, but willis had to get injured -.-
    rags to riches is a mess after playing against boss FC, they have made an enemy out of me

i dont have to change anymore match times for goonskies, so i might as well buy more players, but the tranny lists still feisty, which is weird because its passed a week
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-againsthaofc.jpg  
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    Click here to buy your sack of salt! Buy one get a ***load!, free! Free shipping and handling on and off planet!

kudos to cat

update 30/11

the leagues a mess ATM, lots of disturbances in the force. got knocked out of the CL by a much weaker side again, probably out of the cup too. i did buy a player, ima name him francine fibreglass, sad thing is he got injured on his first match against rags to riches during a friendly
    the future looks bleak for him

speaking of, im guessing rags to riches can pull off at least a double. im not in such a good shape with goonskies though
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-fibreglass.jpg   Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-league.11.30.jpg  
    Cat Harrison likes this.

kudos to cat

2/12

out of the cup against a stronger team at home. i wouldnt be pissed if the match away wouldnt be so weird. won 1-4, lost 0-3, it stung so much. i did set hard defending and gave everyone blue arrows, but that didnt help at all
    out of the cup and CL on goonskies, duking it to stay in the top 4 because ATM, that is considered a trophy for me
    rags to riches are out of the cup, a few strong teams in the CL are probably out since they lost their first matches, but no one knows whatll happen in the 2nd match
    thinking about switching to 4-4-2 on goonskies next season while i clear out a few players. im sadden to say ill probably sell granola, walnut, gnarly and arseshaver. ill probably sell vermin too since he has a third position, thinking about giving him a skill in hopes of people going crazy over him. it wont stop me from naming them again though, so expect some more names in store

fibreglass (5*) isnt doing a good job at all. hes being outperformed by rambo (2*) and willis (3*). im thinking about selling him too because i got him with only 1 token

this 'cat harrison' character is fishy. 'cat harrison' likes most of my posts, but doesnt (fine, just once) post at all. could be either a bot robot, or a lurker like trollinho FC

gone fishing
    Last edited by littledude072; 12-01-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: fishing poles messed up
    Cat Harrison likes this.

kudos to cat

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I guess I am a bit of a lurker, but not a bot robot.. I love your team! The names are *awesome*. I think it hilarious that Francine Fibreglass broke so easily.. maybe you need Carbonne Fibre, eh?

Bummer about the Cup, hope you catch ya a good fishy.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Transfers In and Hopes of Fourth Place Trophy Looking Grim

i was actually fishing a response from you, i done good. i healed fibreglass because i wanted to give him a few more tries before i think about selling him
    ill rename a few players again once i buy another youngen, which might take a few weeks since im currently broke. got any suggestions for winger names? im thinking about pires and chamberlain
    now im 5th strongest in the league, 4th place trophy isnt looking too great because i have a match against better teams every other game

Head Coach Fonzacus bought two new players after selling three. Fan favourite Sandy Granola and Sargent Gnarly, along with Andy Arseshaver, no one cares about him, were sold after The Fonz decided to play the overpowered 4-4-2. The new transfers in, Kanath and Karimian, were treated as emergency transfers and are near retirement. With Goonskies barely able to pay off monthly bills, how will the Wankin' Goons react to no electricity, water and refreshments while at Goonskies Stadium (ill probably change it later on to something catchy)?

Meanwhile as the Goonskies are facing a financial crisis, Club Owner Stank Krunke (lets pretend i didnt name the reporter that) is nowhere to be found. Rumors have it he is enjoying his "Home on the Praire" in Mountaina, 'Murika. Wankin' Goons are in another uproar yet again as they feel the club would be doing a better job if the owner stopped by every now and again to chant campfire songs, roast smores above a bonfire of rival supporters, and cover their bodies with black ink to write a story of sadness (ah loveed that episode).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-goonskies.03.12.jpg  
    Cat Harrison likes this.

kudos to cat

Rags to Riches Overtime Game

Goonskies' last friendly against Rags to Riches proved to be a failure. With a massive difference in quality both teams were still fighting for the win during overtime. Both teams were using the same 4-4-2 formation with the same orders and arrows and Goonskies failed to delight the Wankin' Goons. Head Coach Fonzacus II was carried by fan club Sponge-uh Bobre Army on a golden throne, affiliated hooligans of Rags to Riches, and rioted against Wankin' Goons. However, it was weird how both teams rioted inside Hotspurs Stadium, who had nothing to do with the match.

ah that was a funny game. when using my usual 4-5-1 W id usually get 50-50% possession and win by at least 5 goals. now in the 4-4-2 i got 60-40% yet went into overtime. something smells fishy...
    both teams won the league matches in the wee hours of the day. now goonskies have a tough hurdle since theyll be facing top of the league wendy tomorrow
    o and i was right, an injury did pop up during my 5-days-without-an-injury-celebration-of-the-ages-live-on-foxy thing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-friendly.04.12.jpg  
    Cat Harrison likes this.

kudos to cat

Head Coach Znofrelius Succeeds Fonzacus?

As an ancient Volkswagon Scientist in the commercial puts it, "Oh Snap!" Rags to Riches' Head Coach Znofrelius is currently conquering the league charts with his fantastic team. Stank Krunke is trying to buy the manager from Rags to Riches Owner Hill-Billy-Bob-Joe Jimmy-Dean to replace Flopped Legendary Manager Fonzacus.

just stopped by to have a peek into the league charts and found it awesome. im guessing im hated in the league, but ah well, its only another weekish
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-ragstorichesleaguetops.jpg  
    Cat Harrison likes this.

kudos to cat

Third Straight Win and Third Place Trophy

Against all odds, Goonskies are now in third place. Among the top contenders for the title, the team can now be considered 'a force to be reckoned with, on a budget' As the season is drawing to league match day twenty, every game counts. As stated before if, Fourth Place were considered a trophy, then Third Place should be considered the Holy Grail King Arthur sought after with his budget team of flopped knights.

"If only I could change match days as well. I just realized the scheduling was still buggy with two games every other day, and an empty day in between. Oh great and mighty Lurker Cat Harrison and Esteemed Elder Viewers, what ever shall I do? Lend me the knowledge of Time-Space Continuum and help me change match days."

screenie note: top one is saturday
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Goonskies - From Rags to Riches-goonskies-last-schedules.jpg  
    Cat Harrison likes this.

kudos to cat

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast