Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Training.

Quote Originally Posted by BigB79 View Post
    Killerbee...Marc....Rubbish. Handling means hands. I have never heard anyone anywhere including pundits on TV say 'what great handling by that midfielder' when describing how well a player has kept a ball. When I played football my coaches never said go and practice your handling.

I have heard TV pundits describe what great ball control a player has when describing how well a player kept the ball and I was always told to practice my ball control.

Handling is also a very big and specific thing that GK's practice.
    I would do your homework before trying to take on me my friend. So you have never heard a pundit say " oh he handled that well" ? Even google it if you must! Anyone that knows there football in-depth will know and agree with me.

The word Handling is more of an American football term but still my points remains the same.
    Last edited by Marc Symons; 11-02-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Killerbee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saransh Vatsa View Post
    I also don't understand why STs need marking and tackling, handling and heading should b the attributes needed. Heading for corners and handling as it is important to control the ball so handling will complement finishing.
    Well, every player needs to have a basic grasp of marking and tackling. Attackers need to press when not in possession as well. If an attacker is good at pressing and tackling, they can force mistakes on enemies leading to winning the ball and creating good counters, so it makes a decent amount of sense I think.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Interesting the translations, how they have slightly different connotations. I was thinking it mean ball control, so it would include actual handling, as in toss ins, for fielders, and goal keeper's handling/grasping/tossing.
    (And I can think of several GK that can finish, such as in a penalty kick, quite well. It just means they are great athletes. )
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    I would do your homework before trying to take on me my friend. So you have never heard a pundit say " oh he handled that well" ? Even google it if you must! Anyone that knows there football in-depth will know and agree with me.

The word Handling is more of an American football term but still my points remains the same.
    I think after 15 years involved in professional football ive more than done my homework my friend.

When have you heard a pundit describe a players ball control as 'handling'? When have you heard a pundit say "what great handling that player showed" when a player has shown great ball control?

And if you play this on your PC and look in the top right hand corner you will see it ask what language you wish to use and in that you will see the British flag next to the english language which means this game is written in the Queen's English not American English.

Seriously this is your 'evidence', who are these people? Americans? Once again the game is written in British English.

What exactly did you search for in google?
    WE WELCOME THE CHASE.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee View Post
    Well, every player needs to have a basic grasp of marking and tackling. Attackers need to press when not in possession as well. If an attacker is good at pressing and tackling, they can force mistakes on enemies leading to winning the ball and creating good counters, so it makes a decent amount of sense I think.
    I agree with you that ST need to have some skill in marking and tackling but does a GK need to practice heading,dribbling,crossing or on his creativity? And even they do do they need to have such high ratings?
    WE WELCOME THE CHASE.

I think after 15 years involved in professional football ive more than done my homework my friend.

When have you heard a pundit describe a players ball control as 'handling'? When have you heard a pundit say "what great handling that player showed" when a player has shown great ball control?

And if you play this on your PC and look in the top right hand corner you will see it ask what language you wish to use and in that you will see the British flag next to the english language which means this game is written in the Queen's English not American English.

Seriously this is your 'evidence', who are these people? Americans? Once again the game is written in British English.

What exactly did you search for in google?
    Im not going to get into a long drawn out debate about something that is so minor and obvious. It just tickled me that after "after 15 years involved in professional football" you did't know that 'Handling' is a training/tactical term used in both England and America in regards to all players on the pitch.
    Last edited by Marc Symons; 11-03-2013 at 01:24 AM.

Im not going to get into a long drawn out debate about something that is so minor and obvious. It just tickled me that after "after 15 years involved in professional football" you did't know that 'Handling' is a training/tactical term used in both England and America in regards to all players on the pitch.
    No it's not, and it's certainly not used in training or tactical terms to describe a players ball control. And I played football in England and I really don't care what they say in America because they say alot of things differently and this game isn't written for Americans.

Are you not going to answer me. What exactly did you google?

No it's not, and it's certainly not used in training or tactical terms to describe a players ball control. And I played football in England and I really don't care what they say in America because they say alot of things differently and this game isn't written for Americans.

Are you not going to answer me. What exactly did you google?
    Nordeus is a Serbian developing company and they distribute 'Top 11' Worldwide. They have two offices, they are in Belgrade and San Francisco. Oh wait a minute did i say San Francisco? That would then also make them American based, therefore I would say this game is very much written by/for Americans too.

Nordeus is a Serbian developing company and they distribute 'Top 11' Worldwide. They have two offices, they are in Belgrade and San Francisco. Oh wait a minute did i say San Francisco? That would then also make them American based, therefore I would say this game is very much written by/for Americans too.
    If your going to try and hit me with facts at least give the full facts!!!! They have FOUR offices and one is in Dublin!!!!! I know all about Nordeus and who they are so don't try and get smart with me. And once again look at the top right hand corner and you will see it's a British flag next to the English language not American and they are different. Also if the game was written by and for Americans then in the game description it would be called soccer not football.

And once again what was it you googled and what exactly was it you wanted me to Google to prove your point?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast