Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Game engine

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Im not going to say I agree with you but there you go. Don't lose sleep over.

Here's a list for you and I can give you some more if you still think im exaggerating.

Rogerio Ceni-109 goals-59 free kicks-50 pens
    Jose Luis Chilavert-62 goals including 1 hattrick
    Dimitar Ivankov-42 goals
    Rene Higuita-41 goals
    Johnny Vegas Fernandez-39 goals

All GK who scored goals from penalties and free kicks.

Am I still exaggerating or do want me to name some more?
    well I guess 5 goalies out of hundreds counts for something. are any of those keepers even still active? pardon me for not knowing as I don't actually watch that much football except for the big tournaments. name me the current keepers that regularly take free kicks and penalties and corners for their team.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

S1- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd
    S2- L: 2nd, Cup: 3rd, CL: 3rd
    S3- L: 4th, Cup: 2nd round, CL: R16
    S4- L: 1st, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals
    S5- L: 2nd, Cup: Playoffs, CL: Quarter finals
    S6- L: 3rd, Cup: Quarter finals, CL: Quarter finals.
    S7- L: 1st, Cup: Winners, CL: 3rd
    S8- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: Winners
    S9- L: 1st, Cup: Runners up, CL: R16

Quote Originally Posted by festinator View Post
    well I guess 5 goalies out of hundreds counts for something. are any of those keepers even still active? pardon me for not knowing as I don't actually watch that much football except for the big tournaments. name me the current keepers that regularly take free kicks and penalties and corners for their team.
    Do you want a bigger spade to dig that hole for yourself?

Rogerio Ceni and Johnny Vegas Fernandez ARE current keepers. In fact Ceni has played over 500 games for one of the most famous clubs in the world, Sao Paulo!!!!!

Ivankov retired in 2011, Higuita retired in 2010 and if you say you only watch big tournaments and you don't know who Chilavert is then you are showing your age!!!!!

Are they current enough for you or are you only wanting GK who have scored in the last 5 minutes?

thats right I'm only 18, and like I said, I dont pay attention to football that much except for the big tournaments like the euro and the world cup and champions league. I'm Canadian and the only sport I fully pay attention to is ice hockey.

now looking at Fernandez's stats he hasn't scored for 3 years so I'm guessing he doesn't take free kicks anymore, but idk as I dont watch his team play. in have no idea if ceni has scored recently, but assuming he has, thats one keeper out of many who regularly takes free kicks for his team. just goes to show, keepers taking free kicks and corners and penalties outside of the shootouts are rare occurrences and honestly not the best idea . now I believe I was boring you so you can run along now.
    Cat Harrison likes this.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

thats right I'm only 18, and like I said, I dont pay attention to football that much except for the big tournaments like the euro and the world cup and champions league. I'm Canadian and the only sport I fully pay attention to is ice hockey.

now looking at Fernandez's stats he hasn't scored for 3 years so I'm guessing he doesn't take free kicks anymore, but idk as I dont watch his team play. in have no idea if ceni has scored recently, but assuming he has, thats one keeper out of many who regularly takes free kicks for his team. just goes to show, keepers taking free kicks and corners and penalties outside of the shootouts are rare occurrences and honestly not the best idea . now I believe I was boring you so you can run along now.
    So your making statements that you can't back up and you know very little about football?

Just because Fernández hasn't scored in 3 years doesn't mean he doesn't take the free kicks.

Just because you don't see something in a sport you know little about doesn't mean it didn't happen!!!!

You tried to be smart with your whole 'name me current GK' when 2 in the list are current and another 2 are probably 2 of the most famous people to ever play football so you clearly know nothing about football!!!

So tell me just how do you know what GK do on the park in the thousands of professional games that go on around the world each week when you don't pay any attention to football? That's like me starting a debate about ice hockey with you when I know very little about it, im just not that stupid!!!!

So your making statements that you can't back up and you know very little about football?

Just because Fernández hasn't scored in 3 years doesn't mean he doesn't take the free kicks.

Just because you don't see something in a sport you know little about doesn't mean it didn't happen!!!!

You tried to be smart with your whole 'name me current GK' when 2 in the list are current and another 2 are probably 2 of the most famous people to ever play football so you clearly know nothing about football!!!

So tell me just how do you know what GK do on the park in the thousands of professional games that go on around the world each week when you don't pay any attention to football? That's like me starting a debate about ice hockey with you when I know very little about it, im just not that stupid!!!!
    How off topic has this got? - What has GK's taking free kicks got to do with T11's game engine?. However i must say that there is no rule in football that a goal keeper cannot play outfield and/or take free kick's/penalties weather or not there are many doing it today or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Symons View Post
    How off topic has this got? - What has GK's taking free kicks got to do with T11's game engine?. However i must say that there is no rule in football that a goal keeper cannot play outfield and/or take free kick's/penalties weather or not there are many doing it today or not.
    It hasn't half. It's got so off topic that the half of this is in the vent thread 2.

The mods must be on their Christmas bender and that's how this hasn't been locked!!!!

I would make a rebuttal but tbh I dont even know how the particular argument started.

ok I just went back and looked. this was all because you said quite a few goalkeepers take free kicks and penalties outside of shootouts. you've helped me prove yourself wrong so this argument is over. I didn't say I know very little about football, I said in don't watch much. I know a lot about it because lots of my friends are football nuts.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

It hasn't half. It's got so off topic that the half of this is in the vent thread 2.

The mods must be on their Christmas bender and that's how this hasn't been locked!!!!
    the funny thing is, the mods have been here :P this argument had been going on for almost 24 hours now so they can't not have seen it. I'm guessing they're just sitting back and laughing at us.
    LIONS FC

Level 10, Season 10

the funny thing is, the mods have been here :P this argument had been going on for almost 24 hours now so they can't not have seen it. I'm guessing they're just sitting back and laughing at us.
    They have been here because they removed my latest guide I wrote.
    Belgji and festinator like this.
    *Retired From Top Eleven*

Probably although that is very unlike them.

To be honest im off after today anyway. I only signed up this week to pass the time on a very boring business trip, funnily enough in Canada.

Being brought up in Scotland there is never a day where there isn't an argument about Football. I love them, especially living in Glasgow, it's 24/7 even more so these days with forums and twitter.

I enjoyed our argument, it's been ages since I had one that didn't involve Rangers and Celtic.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast