Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: This is how bad the game has gotten!!!

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    Well I think I'm playing the advocate role.. but...
    I think a jetlagged bruised Munich with bad orders would beat Aue on form. I think to an extent a good player is still a good player regardless of what coach told him to do.

It's silly but yes I think Quality trumps Orders.

Oh and did you have zonal or man on man defense?
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I think a jetlagged bruised Munich with bad orders would beat Aue on form. I think to an extent a good player is still a good player regardless of what coach told him to do.
    Really? If Munich played with no right hand side and kept playing the ball, as instructed, to that side, they'd win?

I hate to burst your bubble but they wouldn't!

Rookie

Oh and did you have zonal or man on man defense?
    I do like that, Cat.....

To make matters worse, I played man-on-man. Had I played zonal, I could imagine some override to cover the negated right hand side of the pitch. I used man-to-man specifically to further disadvantage myself.

Rookie

It's silly but yes I think Quality trumps Orders.
    Trumps or negates?

Yep. they would think their coach had gone absolutely mad, so they would ignore him and play soccer.
    Look, I know this game is by no means perfect.. but.. if you play a much much weaker team, you would expect to win.. That is what I think. You don't, o.k..

I would expect that zonal would work less well, actually.. because it relies on position. Man on man makes your guys try to cover theirs... again.. *my* opinion only.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-19-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rookie
    Yep. they would think their coach had gone absolutely mad, so they would ignore him and play soccer.
    You're ignoring the question there..... What would happen IF they did as they were instructed......the way a basic computer programme will accept without human emotion coming into play?

Rookie
    if you play a much much weaker team, you would expect to win.. That is what I think. You don't, o.k..
    That's not what I have said........

Also, how much weaker in the grand scheme of things were they? I was rated around 25/100, them 14/100. (Think I am correct in saying 100 is the highest level achievable?)

The Man United v Southend example, for instance, would have a far greater differential........at a guess......90 vs 50? Sound about right?
    Last edited by Dollyplops; 02-20-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Rookie

I would expect that zonal would work less well, actually.. because it relies on position. Man on man makes your guys try to cover theirs... again.. *my* opinion only.
    Really? You appear to have described the two options in a basic way, then come to the wrong conclusion based your valid assessment of the two.

Zonal marking, in essence, covers gaps through intelligent positioning.......which would be necessary to cover a huge gap down one side of the pitch.

How do you man mark someone 30yards away from you?

Think it through and you;ll get there.

I do think that 25 v 14 (1.75) is rather close to 90 v 50 (1.8)? It isn't out of 100.
    How do you mark a man? You run. A lot. (Disclaimer: when I was taught to play, we only ever played Zonal..[and I can still hear coach "THIS is your patch to cover. THAT is not!" her other favorite aphorism was "when in doubt kick it out." ])
    I think that we each see this game quite differently, and the illegal formations, such as you had, as they are really not like real life shouldnt actually be compared... because no actual manager would ever do that!
    as well, I think there is a base computation Q v Q and then the others are modifiers.
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 02-20-2014 at 02:22 AM.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The fa cup proves every year superior teams are beaten by weaker teams. Last seasons winners Wigan were ridiculous odds to win even at 1/4 finals (i made a fortune on the progress) even in final against man city the bookies were expecting 4 or 5-0 results. Many. Bookies offering daft odds that wigan would even score 5-1 in one.
    This year sheffield united are in third tier of english football and in 1/4 final. On the day its 11 against 11. I think the makers trying to make it realistic as many lower teams raise their game against far superior teams.

Big ox
    Using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast