Quote Originally Posted by Skidz View Post
Your main problem here IS NOT having three at the back but because they are all DC and so you are vunerable on the flank! I play 3 at the back! so I know what im talking about!, when playing 3 you need to play DL,DC,DR much more balanced!, play with blue arrows or none at all, the DMC you have is fine and good extra cover, play him with red or no arrows!,. Now only playing to wide midfield players you leave a gaping hole in the middle so I would drop the AMC and play another MC in the middle or drop the middle ST and replace him for a CM in the middle! this looks much better and gives you plenty of cover forward and back! play your MC AND ST with red arrows on.
my second season i experimented with a DL, DC, DR and it didn't really work for me and i got better results with the 3 DCs so i stuck with them, i'll try it out once again once i get a DL and see what happens.
i want to try the old formation i wanted to try months ago but never really did (2 MCs a AML, AMR, and 1 ST) since even though having 3 strikers gave me results for months (my strikers usually were the top scorers every season up to this one), i never really liked having 3 strikers since my idea of 3 forwards is 2 wingers and a striker not 3 strikers...
i love having an AMC and DMC since i've always believed that those 2 positions are the puppeteers of teams especially the old school AMC/10/playmaker (i've been looking for an AMC with a playmaking ability for ages), so it will be hard for me to give up the AMC (especially since this season he's the only one that has scored so far), i'll try and see what happens though