Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Why am i losing so much all of the sudden?

Why am i losing so much all of the sudden?

this game is really starting to piss me off. i'm in my 8th season and my team's average quality is 53.5 so far i have won a great number of seasons and always do well in the champions and cup, i've won the champions only once but i always make it to at least the semis. but all of a sudden during the last few days of last season i started losing to every team i face (costing me last season's 1st place) i don't get it, i just can't win, so far i have yet to face a better team yet i can't beat them (teams with averages in the 30s and low 40s) its been about a week since i've won any matches. this new season in terms of average quality i'm the best team in the league (the guy behind me is a 49.3) but i'm at the bottom of the league with no wins...
    i've always done a good job at keeping all my players at a similar level (meaning that my starters and subs are all pretty equal in quality) and i use all players throughout the season. ever since i started playing i use either a 3-5-2 or a 3-3-1-3 (mostly the latter) and these formations always seemed to work well against any team i faced (up until this losing streak i rarely lost a game. the games i would lose were normally cup or champions finals)
    has this kind if losing streak happened to anyone else? i've never purchased tokens (but regularly download apps for free tokens), is this nordeus' way of telling me its time to start buying tokens? this is really starting to piss me off to the point where i'm about to just give up on the game and stop playing... anyone have any idea what could be the reason? thanks.
    Last edited by Ted Theodore Logan; 03-13-2014 at 04:08 PM.

It happens to us all mate. Last season I won my league by 15 points and lost only 3 games in all competitions. This time, I have 2 draws and 3 defeats from the first 5 games.
    LONDON CITY

Olympic Stadium...East London

Season 47...........Manager Level 33

yea thats why the game sucks a little lost everything in season 5 even tho i was the highest Q .

thanks for the responses. today no matter how many times i shot towards goal during my cup and league games the ball just wouldn't go in (hit the bar, goes wide, hits defender etc i even slipped and fell before taking the shot i had never seen that one) the other guy's one star goal keeper had some pretty good saves against all my forwards that are FAR superior in quality...
    i've put a lot of time into my team and this game, i watch 95% of my matches etc so its really frustrating especially when its obvious that some of these weaker teams i'm facing are pretty much abandoned by their managers

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    You always play with only 3 men in the back, that's risky.
    khris likes this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    You always play with only 3 men in the back, that's risky.
    i guess its risky, but up till these past few days it seemed to work. i approach this game the way i like my football in real life, and i'm all about attractive attacking football, its the South American in me (i'm a big fan of Marcelo Bielsa and his 3-3-1-3)
    when i first started playing i wasn't sure if the 3 defenders would actually work in this game since you are limited to what can actually be managed, but it seemed to work for months... i never truly understood what the blue and red arrows actually do but i always have my dmc with a blue arrow thinking that on defense that would mean he would provide a little help to the back 3, not sure if thats what the arrows actually do though
    Last edited by Ted Theodore Logan; 03-13-2014 at 02:55 AM.

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    I play defensive style, the opposite of you! But I still think it worthwhile to look at who has been getting bad ratings "making dreadful mistakes", and bench them. Maybe try 4 a the back against some teams or in friendlies and see if it works better.

The arrows push them a spot in the direction they point, according to the Devs.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've seen that with my system full of red arrows I have to play with defensive mentality now.... is more secure,,, seasons ago I had a different feeling...

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    I play defensive style, the opposite of you! But I still think it worthwhile to look at who has been getting bad ratings "making dreadful mistakes", and bench them. Maybe try 4 a the back against some teams or in friendlies and see if it works better.
    yeah, i have one player that has been performing really bad (last season his stats were all 8s and 9s and this season he only has 4s)
    i've been hitting the transfer market to buy players to experiment with my formation a bit... we'll see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    I've seen that with my system full of red arrows I have to play with defensive mentality now.... is more secure,,, seasons ago I had a different feeling...
    i base the direction of my arrows based on the position of my players. i remember my first champions semi-final i had won my home game 3-0 so for the away game (against a way better team) i played with a defensive mentality and ended up losing in aggregate 5-3, so i never tried a defensive mentality style again. it probably wasn't related...
    Last edited by Ted Theodore Logan; 03-13-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    Cat Harrison likes this.

i figured i put pictures of my formation. these are basically how i've been playing since i started playing in September, and like i've said, they worked up until recently...
    Why am i losing so much all of the sudden?-3-3-1-3.jpg Why am i losing so much all of the sudden?-3-5-2.jpg
    Last edited by Ted Theodore Logan; 03-13-2014 at 03:21 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast