Page 54 of 143 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast
Like Tree934Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Vent Thread #3 + Latest Discussions Index

Quote Originally Posted by Gabez Teh View Post
    Usually i click cheer button in the game early if its not worthy to worry about results or i dont have time for dat (later i see the result)
    in this case i rely on my friend's story...

Soo he told me (vibered to me exactly) none of his injuries happenned from a bad tackle, failed tax returns, traffic accident, earthquke etc... simply "he feels the pain" KAPPA
    an Earthquake would have been epic

All players out 20 days because of natural-disaster
    pcmacdaniel and Cat Harrison like this.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

FireCats is testing level - 36 -

I'd like to say the the ability to support someone in your league against another is wrong, I would never do that in the spirit of fair play. It's not like you see Wenger waving his hands at West Ham.
    Never posted here before yet I've played this game for over a year and suffered the possession play many times. I can only think that anyone doing that is a coward that can't manage their own team

Like Chelsea not having a special event for all there friends and supporters crowning them league winners... oh wait! they did

Chelsea announce victory parade to celebrate Premier League title success - Mirror Online
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 05-23-2015 at 11:29 PM.

considering quitting, since nothing is improved for veterans ... nothing and pay to win has become to dominante

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    @Andrew Yeah it's annoying that they do that, but at least it shows they are an active manager. I have only done that if they previously had done it to me, I think it shows desperation (or as you say cowardice) but truly the possession bonus effect isn't that much unless you aren't there and they are with a posse.

@Gert isn't there always a parade for winning?
    Last edited by Cat Harrison; 05-23-2015 at 11:28 PM.
    Gert Funck and pcmacdaniel like this.
    Expressed above is my own opinion. Your results may vary.
    ▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ >BvB
    < ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬▬ ▬ ▬
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post

@Gert isn't there always a parade for winning?
    Of course there is. And you cheer for your friend when you are out seeing them play
    Last edited by Gert Funck; 05-23-2015 at 11:41 PM.
    Cat Harrison and pcmacdaniel like this.

I always cheer for friends when I see them play, except if they're in my league - if I want to see a match in my league I always just watch without taking sides... other managers are not so virtuous in that respect, but I resist the urge to take revenge nowadays.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Famous
    I once had a situation where another team in the CL, was picking a side to cheer on during several champions league matches. I responded to him cheering against me, by cheering for him. He was packing power support so their really was no point poking the bear if we met up. What ended up happening was we ended up cheering on each other through-out the duration of the tournament, before meeting up in the CL semi-finals. Probably wasn't the best display of sportsmanship, but it did keep him out of my matches. I was surprised nobody returned the favor; especially after getting eliminated...

We aren't T11 friends, but have a mutual friend. Through them having friendlies I can see how he's doing in his league. Last season, I felt really bad for him. In pursuit of his first elusive triple crown, he entered matchday 28, in 1st place in the league while winning both the cup and champions league. Unfortunately, he lost his final league game and 2nd overcame him to win the league. That's got to be the cruelest way to miss out on the triple crown.

Now onto injuries: I really don't understand the game engine with them at all.

During official matches, I've suffered quadruple the quantity of injuries of my opponents (8 to 2). Having higher Physical and Mental can explain some of it, as my 9* player hasn't been injured, but his P+M is at a 10* level. They're most taking out my 5* and low 6* DMC's and MC's! Players with higher P+M stats have been safe all season.

However, where it gets bizarre is here: No opposition players have been injured in 23 consecutive matches. Of these 23, 4 are friendlies with an even split between same levels teams (12) and a level (35) team. Most the offical matches are against teams weaker than mine, with several starting several players below 5*! I've also had hard tackling set for all matches, since I really haven't experienced a higher volume of bookings (17 bookings in 23 matches - for comparative example purposes) or inflicted injuries to my opponents.

I'm in no way advocating that I want my opponents players injured. I want to face them at full strength. It's just how is a team with higher Physical and Mental stats that's using defensive tactics with hard tackling suffering quadruple the injury rate?

Referencing the 4:1 injury rate. I understand it suffers from the problem of a small sample size. I do wonder though if Gert is onto something with them always injuring his 7* players. I don't have any 7* players so I don't have a comparative example here. I'm just intriguing by why 7* players are injury magnets but my 9* player isn't. Could it be, a 7* player can be created by just farming, whereas a 9* probably requires buying tokens. Does Nordeus not want to injure players that managers most likely used upwards of 1000 tokens on, out of fear of losing customers? But on a player that can be created just by purchasing a 49-69T player off the scout list on day 1, do they not care?
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 05-24-2015 at 01:36 AM.
    Gert Funck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post

I'm in no way advocating that I want my opponents players injured. I want to face them at full strength. It's just how is a team with higher Physical and Mental stats that's using defensive tactics with hard tackling suffering quadruple the injury rate?

Referencing the 4:1 injury rate. I understand it suffers from the problem of a small sample size. I do wonder though if Gert is onto something with them always injuring his 7* players. I don't have any 7* players so I don't have a comparative example here. I'm just intriguing by why 7* players are injury magnets but my 9* player isn't. Could it be, a 7* player can be created by just farming, whereas a 9* probably requires buying tokens. Does Nordeus not want to injure players that managers most likely used upwards of 1000 tokens on, out of fear of losing customers? But on a player that can be created just by purchasing a 49-69T player off the scout list on day 1, do they not care?
    I have a thesis the the 'machine' uses injuries too even out the field. In CL I met a much stronger team 10 point higher actually. He won but got 2 injured profiles, I got none. In the league I am often the strongst team, and it is always, almost without exception, a 7* player that gets injured in first half

my calculations says: in a full squad, three 7* players gets 44% of the injuries
    pcmacdaniel likes this.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by cookizzz View Post
    Injury season begins again for my level 22 team.

In last 5 days, mainly last 3 days, 7 players were injured for total 19 days.

Most of these were 2 day injuries. Low duration of injury made my decisions on whether using red packs to heal them were harder. Slow trainer status of these players make my decision even more difficult. The injuries also concentrated on my MC and DMC.

I used red packs on 2 players (1 DMC, 1 MC) yesterday so that they can participate the league match today. Luckily, my team have a victory. Now I need to consider if I shall heal a MC.
    Injuries continue to attack MC of my L22 Team. Another MC is now out for 5 days after league match. This just ate up my 15 red packs. More may come after my team play a few friendly matches later.

My team is competing for league title after 10 seasons. So I will pay a little more to maintain adequate squad rotation, that is, at least 3 out of my 4 MC is required to be fit for the match.

In summary, in last 6 days, 8 players were injured for total 24 days. This include MC injured in 4 instances and out for total 12 days. In addition, a MC was injured during the period.

The total number and unavailable duration of injuries is not too terrible. But I notice that there are more 2 days injuries in this season. This made decision of use of red pack even harder.

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Washington View Post
    I'd like to say the the ability to support someone in your league against another is wrong, I would never do that in the spirit of fair play. It's not like you see Wenger waving his hands at West Ham.
    Never posted here before yet I've played this game for over a year and suffered the possession play many times. I can only think that anyone doing that is a coward that can't manage their own team
    Ok what about your "friend*" coming to support against you?

I have several markings from prev. seasons (from biddings, CL, Cup etc.) I had a "friend" who every time sat on free agents and came fight with me... next season i got him on league... must be he is right and i doesnt understand but he is building from ONLY purchased FAs (and seems like its working, he is at 6th currently)! After several rounds (of FAs winnings against him) he appeared my league match and supported against me i was curious about why? i was pretty sure my actual oppo was his friend, check... He came next match and again supported to my oppo... wait a sec... must be another friend (began suspicious)... next time he arriwed and supported against me at my CUP MATCH! (i said what???) i told myself... ok this is was your last strike! and next time he arrived against me at CL!

you offended SOB! i have unfriended him and since his last antisupport im going to cheer against him EVERY TIME in league! -.-
    Last edited by Gabez Teh; 05-24-2015 at 11:21 AM.