Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: What is this, like Day TWO!

Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Not to linger too long on this subject, but just wanted to ask you guys. Out of 10 times assigning to your player's "Physical & Mental" (+) button has 'Aggression' popped up? 1 out of 5 times? Or more like 3 to 4 times out of 5, maybe? Just wanted to know? Again this maybe season/level dependent.
    According to Devs agression does not correlate with injury rate, if that's what you're trying to find out.
    Not so many achievements:

Season(lvl) League Champions l. Cup
    1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs
    Team's showcase: The PaceWhores (Lithuanian team)

Quote Originally Posted by Gintaras Račas View Post
    According to Devs agression does not correlate with injury rate, if that's what you're trying to find out.
    Whats Devs are you quoting may I ask?
    My high aggression players will foul more, get reds and yellows more, and put opponents in a stretcher far more than those the have low aggression, or am I imagining this or am I playing top twelve? LOL.
    In football it is better to be Lucky than Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip L. Willis View Post
    Whats Devs are you quoting may I ask?
    My high aggression players will foul more, get reds and yellows more, and put opponents in a stretcher far more than those the have low aggression, or am I imagining this or am I playing top twelve? LOL.
    Oh, I meant YOUR players with high aggression shouldn't get injured more often than normally, lol.

1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Cresswell View Post
    Law of averages it is. I've been keeping a log of injuries the last 3 seasons, and overall totals are remarkably similar - I got 6 injuries in 3 days to end last season, but still had 15 total for the season, vs 17 and 15 in the previous 2 seasons:

Attachment 26601

Insisting that probabilities have been tweaked (which invariably people do, every season) based on their team having a horror run just shows a basic ignorance of probability theory.

I average an injury every 2nd day* - annoying, but managable (OK, I can farm packs watching videos on iPhone). That's with a 22 man squad, operating on rotation so most of the time players only have 1 game a day - I'm already out of the Cup this season , so there'll be a lot of friendlies this season. I try to have players at 85%+ conditioning going into a match, I train my players to have strong physical attributes, and I prioritise pitch improvements.

*Well, every 1.78 days to be more precise)
    Brilliant post...actual data! Love it.

Come on, bite my big red apples

Oh, I meant YOUR players with high aggression shouldn't get injured more often than normally, lol.
    Here's my simple point:
    a) Aggression added to your players Physical & Mental training, WILL cause more INJURES to your opponent's players. The more the merrier.
    b) I am saying that "Aggression" is coming up more often than Fitness, Strength, Speed and Creativity. A disproportional amount.
    c) Nordeus makes money, tokens brought with money for treatment packs is income, they have to meet their bottom line.

You do not have to be Carnap the mathematician to understand this!

Well I do this and I am not sure if others do, but just to please the Evil Troll Demon Jose Morinhoseux, I will unwillingly add aggression to my players Physical & Mental training in hope that next time aggression will not come up, and I can generally increase their Physical & Mental. But it comes up again and again! So do I avoid my players physical training making them weaklings or give in making them card-magnet-psycho-killers?

"Mathematical reasoning may be regarded rather schematically as the exercise of a combination of two facilities, which we may call intuition and ingenuity." ~ Allan Turing

"Come on, bite my big red apples" ~ Charo.

"Who let the dogs out, Whoff...whoff...whoff!......Whoff...whoff...whoff! " ~ Baha Men.

So basically what we've got is either Nordeus upped the injury button for some people because they "hate" you or you simply might be overlooking something because other managers are doing just fine.
    Well we have a few options.
    a) They "Hate me", because I was not breast feed properly, and is stuck in a Freudian oral stage, and I make up this paranoia conspiracy Illuminati stories because,,,,, my libido demands attention!
    b) They "Hate me", because I have exposed that Nordeus, God of the North by the way, has summoned the dark powers of the Sheol, that is embodied by this personification that we call "Jose Morinhoseux"
    c) They "Hate me", because I like playing this game, it relaxes me, and I enjoy posting with other people that love it too.

CHILL......................!

"It's only pixels on a flat piece of plastic, for goodness sake" ~ P.L. Willis

I think I have an answer for your aggression button. After assigning ~370 SPs today I would say that it's random.

For some players it was 1/5, for some 2/5 maybe there was one who go 3/5 (didn't quite capture it) but there were also player who got aggression 1/6, 1/7 times...

And my favorite After aplying 10 SPs to physical & mental still nothing added to aggression:
    What is this, like Day TWO!-aggr.png
    Philip L. Willis likes this.

1(1) 1st - Prel.
    2(2) 1st 3rd Top 16
    3(3) 1st Top 16 Playoffs
    4(4) tbc. tbc. Playoffs

Its random to an extent. But some players will be programmed to favour certain attributes because thats the type of player they are. When a player is a passing player he'll cycle from Passing heavy to near balance to passing heavy etc. There will be aggression focussed players, just not across the board (although Nordeus could do it if it wanted to).

PS. I must be really bored today throwing my crap ideas around everywhere.

Rookie
    I feel your pain, after 3 games i have had 6 injuries (3 in my first and 3 in my last), the worse thing was that they were abandoned teams in CL+Cup that i played. Had to sell a few of them and rebuy similar players but am still left with my striker and half my midfield out for 4-6days :/

I think I have an answer for your aggression button. After assigning ~370 SPs today I would say that it's random.

For some players it was 1/5, for some 2/5 maybe there was one who go 3/5 (didn't quite capture it) but there were also player who got aggression 1/6, 1/7 times...

And my favorite After aplying 10 SPs to physical & mental still nothing added to aggression:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aggr.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	26657
    Best post I've seen about the dreaded Aggression button!
    Gintaras Račas likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast