Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ridiculus draws

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    You know that in the tactics side there was always a big distance between our opinions, but thats a long and extense story lol
    Yes, but the game during the period April-June was much more responsive. Now, it is very numb.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Phyo View Post
    I played GK DL DC DC DR DMC MC AMR AML ST. He played normal 4-4-2. I noticed that this player is not even playing.Attachment 70358Attachment 70359Attachment 70360Attachment 70361
    52,7 vs 91,7 sure? under the field seems 3,x stars vs a 5,x aprox... so as I mentioned in another thread, theres a distance aprox of 2* in what a team can face another really... due a combination of scenario+multiple failing of the better team, can happen perfectly a double draw, we've seen same situations, in some cases. Hurts, but... one like it when is in his favour.

Phyo, there is no more sense in this game as such in terms of football and tactics. You might get several explanations here from different users based on their own experiences; some will try and justify things, some will try to defend the game, some will take your side and some will say other things. But the thing is that many of them might not be the actual reasons to why you had such results, especially if they are due recent changes made in the game. For me, based on test matches and other matches played (including some matches played by other users), what has been happening in this game lately has no football sense. Teams using what should be ****ty orders, ****ty formations, ****ty players and so on will still win if the game has decided as such for whatever reason. The team you played against may had 0% bonuses, players with poor morale, ****ty orders, and yet, it knocked your team out of the competition.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-10-2016 at 08:56 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    52,7 vs 91,7 sure? under the field seems 3,x stars vs a 5,x aprox... so as I mentioned in another thread, theres a distance aprox of 2* in what a team can face another really... due a combination of scenario+multiple failing of the better team, can happen perfectly a double draw, we've seen same situations, in some cases. Hurts, but... one like it when is in his favour.
    Maybe teams in real life should stop playing matches. Someone representing each team just have to draw a card each, and the one with the better card will win because according to Nordeus, it seems that the card - a piece of **** - has more effect than quality, skills, tactics, training, effort and so on. Results will be decided in seconds instead of 90 min. Managers, coaches, training and so on will no longer be required as such. The name of the game should be changed too as it will be no longer be about football.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-10-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    This subject isn't a new one in TE or happened the latest months.
    I describe it here in Mythbusters
    http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...op-eleven.html
    #102 A bad roll dice, a fixed result not only in one game but in two qlf games for CH.L. or the Cup - plausible
    rare but it's happening
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

BTW, you can have a look at this thread too. http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...l-result~.html

There are some funny situations shown or described there.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-10-2016 at 09:20 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Maybe teams in real life should stop playing matches. Someone representing each team just have to draw a card each, and the one with the better card will win because according to Nordeus, it seems that the card - a piece of **** - has more effect than quality, skills, tactics, training, effort and so on. Results will be decided in seconds instead of 90 min. Managers, coaches, training and so on will no longer be required as such. The name of the game should be changed too as it will be no longer be about football.
    I think you raise two issues Tactician, (i) one that the game became less reactive a while back and (ii) another that it don't matter much what you do in a game, you say that its too much of a lottery. Right?

On (i), I have no idea. But on (ii), the more I play the more I just have to disagree. I think it matters a great deal what you do in a game, how you format your team. Instructions, orders and what not.

I have two accounts. They are basically as good, a slight favor in advantage of one of them (Al FC). WIth Al FC I have played a formation designed by me for TE based on what I have learned from the game, on the other account I have played a formation that I would like to see in real life tweaked by me to fit into TE. That account is a bit more for fun, offensive style etc.

But the Al FC account playing a modified 5-4-1 system has been very successful. have screen shots from the two associations I have been in since I started playing (25 June 2016). Of the 5 tournaments and 20 games Al FC has played in associations he has gone 16-2-2:

Ridiculus draws-turneringsresultat.png

The other account has just been decent, like 10-4-6 maybe.

And at least 50% Al FC has faced teams with more stars and more supporters/ball possession bonus. But it just has a formation that people aren't entirely familiar with, and that they don't adopt extremely well too.

I am a fairly new player, but I have spent a lot of time analyzing this game, the type of situations you need to cause to score goals, play defense etc. and with the Al FC account I have managed to get it to work really well, and with the twin account I run I have managed less well. And in this perspective, I would say that the game is very very reactive. Against good players, you cannot afford many mistakes at all. I would actually say that it is very reactive. Almost to reactive almost lol, because as soon as you try to cheat in one area, you get too eager to get an advantage, it comes back to haunt you. My take is that you have to be very very disciplined, and cannot afford many adventures before at least the last 10 minutes of a game.

This is the guy I faced in the last association game that just was a lot better than me that I beat twice (I have actually beaten him 4 times, since we faced that association before)
    Ridiculus draws-association-1.jpg

Ridiculus draws-association-2.jpg

With the other account I have which I have not done as good job with, the results has been much more mediocre. If its a draw of cards, how can Al FC win 16 and only loose 2 of 20 games? I think it matters a great deal what you do before a game and in a game. And I don't fully get that part about a change in the game only causing a recalculation. To me that is semantics, the game is of course "calculated", does it matter if its calculated before or during the action? As long as its as you put it recalculated when a change is made? I have several several time with Al FC been loosing games and made in game changes that definitely caused the change I wanted and turned the tide.
    Last edited by Al Svanberg; 08-10-2016 at 09:55 PM.

The effect of the card or the roll of the dice or the RNG seems to override the other things to such a point, where no matter what you do, the final overall outcome will not change as such unless you have a very large quality difference.

I told you that you are still new to this game and you have seen only part if it, and now you come an argue with me, trying to show me things that you did and so on. You got fooled by the game. Why don't you make several test matches using several other accounts so that you can see yourself how much an effect the changes you make in matches matter now, and how much the game made a fool out of yourself recently? And since you are speaking of associations, just recently a manager tried so much to beat my team or change things while in some way to say, I was just sitting back and seeing him doing all this effort for nothing; it was clear I was going to win that match because the game decided so much against him well before the match was actually showed to be played. Similar things happened lately, sometimes in the favor of the opponent of one of the members of my association and sometimes in our favor. At some point, it became clear that something was fishy. Tests that I have done using tests accounts simply consolidated the suspicions. I was managing both sides; so I knew the orders of both of teams and I could do modifications on both sides. Even the A.M turned out to be ****. If the game has decided way before that one team will win and the other will lose or that one of them will have a lot of favor, the outcome will be respected no matter what unless there is a failure or a flaw. The goals will come even in the last minutes if required.

I have said it clearly that it seems that what matters lately is the calculation done before the match is actually shown to start. So, what you do before the match surely does have an effect, but not much what you do in the match, even if there seem to be re-calculations. There are things that have been deactivated or are no longer significant as such. In the period of April-June, the game was more responsive during matches though there were some flaws.

So, what are some of the things you talking about? For example, what is this (below)? I never said the contrary. I asked you once not to say or insinuate things that I never said.

'To me that is semantics, the game is of course "calculated", does it matter if its calculated before or during the action?'

Keep thinking you are turning tides then, Al Svanberg, until you realise that it was the Moon that was doing it and not you.

I could have said more here in reply to your post here or to some of your other posts in the forum, for example, concerning the 'was a lot better than me that I beat twice', but that would be a bit hard and impolite as such, and it is not worth it to take the risk of hurting people because of such a **** game.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-11-2016 at 07:49 AM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Famous
    Al Svanberg,

I agree with you that the game is reactive. I've noticed a significant tide in the way my matches play out depending upon the changes I make in match. The most obvious was last season's final association round where we couldn't manager our teams. I lost the 1st leg 0-3, but won the 2nd leg 5-1. My opponent attended both legs. I used a different setup for the 2nd leg.

What I think is happening is there is a set of orders that is in preference with the game engine and periodically throughout the match a re-calcuation occurs, but the in-favor preference stays the same. Nordeus however, periodically changes the in-favor preference w/o notifying us players. .
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 08-11-2016 at 05:18 AM.
    Al Svanberg likes this.
    Level 40 Manager

I have said that changing things during matches no more has an effect as such as to what it was a month or so ago. I have spoken about things being more of less fixed. What you said simply consolidated what I have observed.

Quote Originally Posted by pcmacdaniel View Post
    Al Svanberg,
    The most obvious was last season's final association round where we couldn't manager our teams. I lost the 1st leg 0-3, but won the 2nd leg 5-1. My opponent attended both legs. I used a different setup for the 2nd leg.
    Opponent attended but could not change the overall outcome of the second leg.

What I think is happening is there is a set of orders that is in preference with the game engine and periodically throughout the match a re-calcuation occurs, but the in-favor preference stays the same. Nordeus however, periodically changes the in-favor preference w/o notifying us players.
    Possible, especially after what I have seen lately. But then, this is not appropriate at all. This does not make any sense in terms of football and tactics. Say the preferred orders set for a particular team were hard defending and counter-attacks for a period; so during that period, for this team, this would have been among the 'right orders' to be used for facing any team, even much weaker teams using whatever decent formation and orders. Using hard attacking, attacking or even normal will not appear to work; using logic orders and/or counter formations will not appear to work; you will even lose matches (and you will say that you got trolled). You would use hard defending and counter-attacks, you would get a lot of goals and you will win matches easily. This shows how possibly things are fixed as such, hence to why many users got the impression that some matches have been fixed and no matter what they tried to do in those matches, the overall outcome did not change as such.

Latest scenario. (see: http://forum.topeleven.com/top-eleve...tml#post417931)
    Out of curiosity, I logged in a few hours ago to check how my team did in my absence. The team beat everyone 'on its own', including 2 teams that beat it this season itself. No managing, no training, no condition and morale boosting and so on involved. The team even went on a streak of clean sheets. The team is still on for the treble; first in the league, in the Cup semi final and still in the Champions League.

(1) A team from one level above, beat my team 4-1 in an away Cup match (when I was playing seriously, did training, boosted morale, did other managing things and so on, and the opposing manager attended), and my team beat it 5-0 in the home match (where I did not attend, did not do any training and so on) and knocked the other team out of the competition. Aggregate score: 6-4; the opposing manager must have been pissed after that second leg.

(2) My team, again 'on his own', beat another team where the manager attended. From the report, it is clear that the manager tried to change things, but still lost by two late goals.

(3) The team, again 'on his own', beat another team that beat me earlier this season.

Who 'moved the tide' in those 3 cases? Let's see what some people here who like to defend this game or justify things in favor of the game or the company have to say.

'Funny' how hard work brought undeserving losses while no work and no care brought wins, and not only wins, but significant wins (and even 'turn the tide') that ensured that the team is still in the Cup and the Champions League, and also still first the league by beating teams in the top part of the table. It even won 6-0 in the C.L against a team that was using a formation that should in fact have nullified the formation it was using. Where are the effects of management, tactics, counter formations, and so on? All this comes back to something I have said in another post: it is not a matter of winning or losing; the problem in this game is how you win or lose these days. There is no football sense at all.

Another 'funny' one: the test teams I have created to make tests were first and second in the same league the last time I logged in their accounts. No management, 0 win bonus, 0 training bonus, and so on. I even got a draw after 120 min of match play in a friendly against Mourinho F.C using one of the test teams (weaker team than Mourinho F.C) with 0 win bonus, 0 training bonuses and average moral (this one I used counter formation and orders though, but still the response during the match due to changes made was poor; it is likely that what was set before the match started brought the draw); Mourinho F.C won on penalties.

Or maybe there is something that was put in this game deliberately to target active users to increase the chance of them spending more? One thing is almost for sure: some things have been deactivated or rolled-back recently for whatever reasons. These include things related to the responsiveness of the game in relation to changes made during matches.
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-11-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast