Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Breaking news - New Top 11 version 5.6

Famous
    My first impression of this new market was that it's bad. I went out and bid on some players yesterday anyways, expecting to burn several tokens. I've found that i've actually been able to fetch some really nice players for cheap cost if i've been able to stay discipline.

5* 19 year old DC/DR/DMR w/ aerial defender, 194 cm, either footed (2 tokens)
    5* 18 year old AMC/MC 173 cm, right footed, fast trainer (1 token)
    5* 18 year old AML/ML/MC, 192 cm, right footed (1 token)
    5* 19 year old DL/DC/DR, 178 cm, left footed (1 token)
    4* 18 year old DR/DMR/MR, 184 cm, right footed (1 token)

I understand it's the end of the season, and monitoring the transfer market after season reset hasn't been done yet. I've always been one to scour the market for gems in the last couple weeks of the season when activity was low, stash they for a couple seasons as the gray stat average dropped, then start power-training them. Turns out, despite my negative initially impression of this new market, i've actually benefited from it.

Definitely could miss more good players if now online frequently, but players like the one's I purchased above never appeared with the old transfer market. 2 of them I plan to keep around for awhile too!
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 04-26-2017 at 11:07 AM.
    LeManiaque and Bunzo like this.
    Level 40 Manager

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #102
    In your threads, administrating things up!
    Disclaimer: So this was supposed to be a lot shorter but... this is an extensive topic and I wanted to at least start from somewhere. I don't want you guys to think we're silent because we don't wanna talk to you or something. You your selves can see the incredible amount of posts in several threads on the vary same topic - The New Auction system.
    Anyway, apologies for the wall of text. Hope you read it all.

Hey Everyone,

Thanks for keeping the discussion going on.

Well to be honest, I'm really sorry to see that a lot of you feel such disdain for the new Auction system.

It's completely different from what we were used to play with since... since the very beginning honestly. But here's the thing, yes, we did take all the feedback in to consideration. But don't think that the Forum is the only place where Top 11 is being discussed and from the only place from which we can gather feedback and ideas.
    A majority here in the Forum didn't see the refund of Tokens as a positive nor the general idea of "Not paying anything unless I win the player". But at the support channel alone there have been tens of thousands of requests for tokens to not be deducted from the Manager's account unless he/she actually wins the auctioned player.
    When it comes to Facebook and Twitter - the situation was the same.
    Frankly it was the same with the Training system - Flocks of people requesting that the system be changed or expanded. We did it. We tried to figure out something more engaging for the players, more interesting. What if Top 11 is a mobile game? Should it not hail any form of complexity due to that?
    And the Football Associations as well - Request such as "I wan't to group up with my IRL friends", "I wan't to be able to give out some of my players to friends for a time", "Add another competition!!1s2!", these are actual quotes from my personal reports, there were so many of these that we ultimately decided to do something about it, and add an extra module to the game basically that had all of this going on for it.

So, are there, and were there those who felt otherwise? Yes, not just in the community but here as well. Different people, different kicks as they say. Everyone has his/her own idea and vision of how Top 11 is to operate and what the general and/or specific design path of the game should be both short term and long term. There's nothing out of the ordinary here.

With that said though, I also get where all the concerns come from. The main culprit being the fact that the Auction system operates as an actual Auction now. The spoils go to the highest bidder.
    The concern that there will be immense bidding wars is easy to creep in to one's mind but there's also the other thing - There is such a high turn-over rate to the players in the Auction now that if you don't feel like spending half of your tokens on a one single player, well... just bail out. Don't continue and wait for the list to reset with the next 15 players. In the end you will most likely lose more than several auctions but you'll also have won a few. Now you don't have to wait for several hours for your auction list to populate with the next batch of players only to lose a few, spend your tokens for nothing, and wait a few more hours for yet another chance of hopefully getting something back for your tokens.

My advise: set your goal beforehand. What player you wanna get, their skills, their roles, SAs, how much you'd be willing to spend in the worst case scenario. Then give the game a few minutes of your time and do some auction runs. You didn't win any player? Well you also didn't lose anything. Why not try at a different hour of the day? It's still viable to try and snipe players at the more irregular hours of the day actually. And I'm reading that some of you were actually able to acquire some good players still!

That being said, it's not the end of the world. Give the system some time. Give it a try. Adapt. Test.

I can clearly see that some here have done exactly that and are already reaping some benefits.

P.S.
    Oh btw, fortunately (or unfortunately?), I have quite a few IRL friends who play Top 11. Naturally you'd think that they ask me "Why this?", "Why that?", and you'd be right as they don't work at Nordeus and always hope to find out that little bit of detail (Good luck with that Charley!). Several hours after 5.6 was deployed I met up with some of them for an early morning coffee. One of my friends was going to (well not literally) rip my head off. Even told me about the feedback from the forum. Yes well, I started up the game and just sat down with them to do some auctions so they actually see it done by someone who already spent a good amount of time with the new system. In the end the guys were still a bit skeptical about the whole redesign but they tried it themselves. They found it quite fun. Enjoyed the greater dynamic and the lack of rounds. They had their criticism as well, some along the lines of what you guys and gals say here in the forum.
    What I'm saying is - Put down the pitchforks and give the system a whirl. Try it out for a season. See how it goes. We'll be monitoring the situation and see how the community actually fairs.

@Jeeves

We are expecting more info for the feature itself

The info official nordeus page for the auctions is soooooooooo vague.

-We see in the market too many nordgen players. Is this the thing now? Will it be always like this or give us a treat for the first days?
    -Our players that are sold are going to other managers?
    -Why can't we see the stats of the players or the team that we buy from/sell to?

PS. I would be your friend trying to rip your head of

PS2. The thing that I most hate about the feature is that it is away from realistic football transfer market.
    Last edited by Cloverfield; 04-26-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    LeManiaque, achiie, brolly and 1 others like this.
    ♣----------------------------------------------------------------------------♣
    [First team] Clover 13 - Panathinaikos FC Legends
    -->Team Showcase<--
    [Second team] Angry Sheep FC

I appreciate the long, well thought-out response. I do have a few comments (and not trying to criticize, just giving my point of view).
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeves View Post
    A majority here in the Forum didn't see the refund of Tokens as a positive nor the general idea of "Not paying anything unless I win the player". But at the support channel alone there have been tens of thousands of requests for tokens to not be deducted from the Manager's account unless he/she actually wins the auctioned player.
    When it comes to Facebook and Twitter - the situation was the same.
    Maybe I'm cynical, but I think this is because users in those channels are greedier. Here, people generally see the big picture and are more inclined to appreciate the tactical aspects of the game. On Facebook and Twitter, though, you're more likely to get random users that just want everything for free, and to make the game easier and simpler, rather than to emphasize the tactical nuances of the game. I've played for so long because of those nuances; as more of them go, I am more likely to leave as well.

The concern that there will be immense bidding wars is easy to creep in to one's mind but there's also the other thing - There is such a high turn-over rate to the players in the Auction now that if you don't feel like spending half of your tokens on a one single player, well... just bail out. Don't continue and wait for the list to reset with the next 15 players. In the end you will most likely lose more than several auctions but you'll also have won a few. Now you don't have to wait for several hours for your auction list to populate with the next batch of players only to lose a few, spend your tokens for nothing, and wait a few more hours for yet another chance of hopefully getting something back for your tokens.
    I get the thinking behind this, but I think this is going to be difficult in practice. Everyone is going to be bidding on the same players, and it's going to be very difficult at the beginning of the year to find cheap players, especially if you don't have time to just sit and wait for several 4-minute periods. "Bailing out" is a nice idea, but when people can jack up the price with impunity, it is going to take lots of active watching just to get one player for a reasonable price. This is exacerbated by the shorter 10-second reset period, as it's harder to watch multiple players at the same time now.

Bearing in mind also that we are now seeing high prices for players at the END OF THE SEASON. I fully expect the problem to be much worse when players are trying to retool their squads. Perhaps this could be fixed by having players bid against players of similar levels (revolutionary, I know).

My advise: set your goal beforehand. What player you wanna get, their skills, their roles, SAs, how much you'd be willing to spend in the worst case scenario. Then give the game a few minutes of your time and do some auction runs. You didn't win any player? Well you also didn't lose anything. Why not try at a different hour of the day? It's still viable to try and snipe players at the more irregular hours of the day actually. And I'm reading that some of you were actually able to acquire some good players still!
    This all sounds nice, but again, it's difficult to get players now; it'll be worse at the start of the season. The fact that players aren't losing anything by bidding just makes the overall prices go up, which causes players to be more expensive than they ordinarily would. That gives players like me, who have to buy players on the cheap to survive, a much more difficult task.

Look, I get the effort that was put into this, and perhaps we do need to give it more of a chance. I am personally waiting until next season to actually try it out because I don't need to buy anyone yet. However, I think the concerns are very real and very strong here, and if we at least get some indication that the team will consider adding back the old auction system in some form if this system proves to have unsolvable deficiencies, we will be more open to it. I have offered a suggestion of having both a Quick Auction system and an Auction system working alongside each other, perhaps this is a doable compromise.

PS: I notice that you did not address the issues teams have encountered with selling players, or trying to see players' stats. Is that also something you're monitoring and considering adjusting?
    achiie and Max winain like this.
    DRAGONS SC

THE PERMANENT END

Famous
    5.6 is a radical shift, and perhaps it's more the unveiling of it than the implementation that is the problem.

-The auction feature change is unrecognizable from prior system, this could have been explained more thoroughly before the roll out. We had, at best, a teaser screenshot of partial stars, a more information-forward campaign leading to the update would have better prepared us.

- The timing of the roll out...2 updates in 1 season, and any update coming on Cup Finals day (or FA weekend, or last league day). Everyone other than Nord would have expected some issues to rise up. Nordeus screwed with many results yesterday, and the tactics bug was unmissable, the log in errors numerous. No excuses, this update should not have been pushed at that time.

-Despite the intention to act on manager feedback, this update seems out of touch with the player base, and the overwhelming negative response speaks to that. I notice many of the very, very slim minority of positive responses on FB also attached (weak) suggestions, eg "this great update nordeus, now u must fix the players losing a 20% star every season." Bottom line, Nordeus is the game designer, not the players; it's one thing to acknowledge our suggestions, but it's solely on Nord when an implementation leads to such strong backlash. Nobody suggested dropping this like any ol' update, doing so is out of touch with how day to day players can be expected to perceive such drastic mechanics changes.

-tl;dr - the response crystal clear, 5.6 is poorly received. The fact that we are so quick to jump indicates the problem is the roll out and prefacing, few were in a mindset to even give the new content a chance. Connection/relationship between Nordeus and players suffers needlessly. These are as serious of issues as would be a majorly buggy update, hope Nord treats as such; updates should not risk losing a % of player base, I think this has.
    achiie, madflo19, brolly and 1 others like this.
    "Please stay polite"
    -The Justicer, "Never accept defeat"

Pueblo FC

Unofficial Updates Thread

Famous
    New features that a player wants do not need to be "given a whirl." Nordeus had done a poor job letting us know why 5.6 should excite us. Unless@Jeeves is traveling the world's coffee shops to hype it, this is some work that should have been done by marketing and social staff.

How different might this situation be if Nordeus had video spots weeks before? Do what Jeeves did, but for thousands of players before the update, not a handful the day after. You didn't tell us to be excited, and in the void, we found a lot of frustrations. Nordeus made the worst of this opportunity. It's too much work to listen and implement updates to have the release be so poorly executed.

Rookie
    The response is appreciated but I do wonder whoever came up with "Oh, the managers would love their players' disappearing into the void for half the price of what they could have gotten if the players they put up to the auction were actually bidden upon. They are begging for it all over the social networks!" Give that lad a medal.

Dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by LeManiaque View Post
    5.6 is a radical shift, and perhaps it's more the unveiling of it than the implementation that is the problem.

-The auction feature change is unrecognizable from prior system, this could have been explained more thoroughly before the roll out. We had, at best, a teaser screenshot of partial stars, a more information-forward campaign leading to the update would have better prepared us.

- The timing of the roll out...2 updates in 1 season, and any update coming on Cup Finals day (or FA weekend, or last league day). Everyone other than Nord would have expected some issues to rise up. Nordeus screwed with many results yesterday, and the tactics bug was unmissable, the log in errors numerous. No excuses, this update should not have been pushed at that time.

-Despite the intention to act on manager feedback, this update seems out of touch with the player base, and the overwhelming negative response speaks to that. I notice many of the very, very slim minority of positive responses on FB also attached (weak) suggestions, eg "this great update nordeus, now u must fix the players losing a 20% star every season." Bottom line, Nordeus is the game designer, not the players; it's one thing to acknowledge our suggestions, but it's solely on Nord when an implementation leads to such strong backlash. Nobody suggested dropping this like any ol' update, doing so is out of touch with how day to day players can be expected to perceive such drastic mechanics changes.

-tl;dr - the response crystal clear, 5.6 is poorly received. The fact that we are so quick to jump indicates the problem is the roll out and prefacing, few were in a mindset to even give the new content a chance. Connection/relationship between Nordeus and players suffers needlessly. These are as serious of issues as would be a majorly buggy update, hope Nord treats as such; updates should not risk losing a % of player base, I think this has.
    Yeah I see people bitching on facebook every day about how it's not fair that their players lose a star every season.
    They either can't or don't want to comprehend that 1: As your player moves up against better competition, he will be weaker relative to the new strong players he's playing against and 2: All the other managers are getting THE SAME THING, it's not like your players lose a star and everyone around you doesn't.
    They just don't get it, or don't want to get it.
    Seems like Nordeus is listening to people who don't even understand how the game works and taking their suggestions over the more knowledgeable and dedicated players.

Apprentice
    @Jeeves

I will start with the fact that You can not admit the error that was pointed at you. You divert our attention by writing this explanation, you can read carefully the comments that the users have described to you in the forum.
    If one update can spoil the game then you have succeeded. Would you please explain to me how the lack of stats for the players will help?
    I wish you the best because the game is great, although after such actions, there is no logic in this ...
    Well, apart from that, update will promote players who buy tokens, today for 3 hours I did not find a decent player to buy. I watched the market every 4 mins - what a waste of time: / but with the beginning of the new season probably will start war because the super players will appear and win the one with the most token ... I would like to be wrong: /.
    Gather comments from posts, write reviews, and post in forums for discussions ... so you improve the game and you will not break it.

Regards

Wysłane z iPad za pomocą Tapatalk
    achiie, madflo19 and Max winain like this.

They do whatever they want to do in the name of "based on fans feedback". No one from nordeus talks about the many bugs and issues that we are facing right now.
    And now, Jeeves just confirmed that fans on Facebook and Twitter are rather more important.
    In reality if you consider last few updates,I strongly feel Nord-devs are trying their best to squeeze real money out of their customers and personally I'm not against it but, they must know they should not kill the USP of this game. They're trying their very best to choke the lifeline of this game.
    I haven't mentioned any particular issue as anyone who is active on forums already knows what i'm talking about.

But the biggest irony for me right now is that how can they introduce such a big change with so so many bugs(which clearly shows it is not tested enough)and completely disregarding the real issues mentioned by so many community members even by moderators over the time.

It seems as if our suggestions does not matter.
    It seems we don't matter.
    Last edited by achiie; 04-26-2017 at 07:40 PM.
    nash123, brolly, madflo19 and 1 others like this.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast