Page 17 of 135 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree642Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How many troll results you had this season ?

For me, as long as the 'trolls' or whatever they are apply the same for all the teams in the league, then it is ok. If it is about randomness, then there should be no bias; the dices used should be the same for all. The problem will be if one challenging team gets 'trolled' much more than the other challengers. Sure, it can happen if there is randomness involved, but if that happens too frequently in every season or two, then this is unfair.

Suppose that in a league, there are 3 main challengers for the title. All 3 are active teams with strong squads. Then there are 2 semi-active teams and the others are abandoned teams. So, 14 teams: 3 (quality and active), (2 semi-active with some quality here and there), and 9 non-active, abandoned teams with poor quality. According to some people here, what would decide the title would be matches between the 3 (quality and active). This is fair but then why play all the other remaining matches? Why not play only those 6 matches or at most 10 matches (that is including the semi-active teams)? In fact, playing against the remaining teams give you a chance to catch-up in case the random side was not on your side at all in match against one of the challengers for the title. Some things might be in the game for the purpose of simulating real-life situations, just that in real-life you don't have abandoned teams with no training, no manager, and so on. What we have is 26 matches which includes a possibility of unexpected results, including versus weaker opponents (like they occur in real life, but just that in real life there are no abandoned teams with no training and so on). So, as long as this 'trolling' or whatever it is applies with the same chance to all the teams in that league, then there should be no problem.

In the case of knock-out competitions, no. It is not appropriate to 'troll' people in such matches as one 'troll' can cause what would be among the favourites to win this competition to get knock-out at the early stages itself. There should be some randomness, but the effect should not be so much that it overrides completely the hard work of a manager where even a weak team with just a decent formation will beat a strong, active team despite that the strong team has enough in terms quality and tactics to beat a much stronger team than that weak team. There can be bad days, but even on a bad day a top team in the first division will beat a third division team or at most will get a draw, and surely a third division team will not knock-out a top team from 1st division by aggregate score. So maybe some tweaking is needed for how much effect randomness has on match results.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-20-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    quit this game (23/08/2015)
    started playing again (13/03/2016)
    quit this game (08/08/2016)
    playing (11/12/2016)
    quit this game (11/01/2017)
    playing (May 2017)
    quit this game (23/07/2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    quit this deceiving game (24/08/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)
    Final Quit; Enough is Enough (10/12/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    For me, as long as the 'trolls' or whatever they are apply the same for all the teams in the league, then it is ok. If it is about randomness, then there should be no bias; the dices used should be the same for all. The problem will be if one challenging team gets 'trolled' much more than the other challengers. Sure, it can happen if there is randomness involved, but if that happens too frequently in every season or two, then this is unfair.

Suppose that in a league, there are 3 main challengers for the title. All 3 are active teams with strong squads. Then there are 2 semi-active teams and the others are abandoned teams. So, 14 teams: 3 (quality and active), (2 semi-active with some quality here and there), and 9 non-active, abandoned teams with poor quality. According to some people here, what would decide the title would be matches between the 3 (quality and active). This is fair but then why play all the other remaining matches? Why not play only those 6 matches or at most 10 matches (that is including the semi-active teams)? In fact, playing against the remaining teams give you a chance to catch-up in case the random side was not on your side at all in match against one of the challengers for the title. Some things might be in the game for the purpose of simulating real-life situations, just that in real-life you don't have abandoned teams with no training, no manager, and so on. What we have is 26 matches which includes a possibility of unexpected results, including versus weaker opponents (like they occur in real life, but just that in real life there are no abandoned teams with no training and so on). So, as long as this 'trolling' or whatever it is applies with the same chance to all the teams in that league, then there should be no problem.

In the case of knock-out competitions, no. It is not appropriate to 'troll' people in such matches as one 'troll' can cause what would be among the favourites to win this competition to get knock-out at the early stages itself. There should be some randomness, but the effect should not be so much that it overrides completely the hard work of a manager where even a weak team with just a decent formation will beat a strong, active team despite that the strong team has enough in terms quality and tactics to beat a much stronger team than that weak team. There can be bad days, but even on a bad day a top team in the first division will beat a third division team or at most will get a draw, and surely a third division team will not knock-out a top team from 1st division by aggregate score. So maybe some tweaking is needed for how much effect randomness has on match results.
    That's why I hate trolls. I posted in the past how I lost the last league despite getting great results against the other 3 contenders 4 wins and 2 draws. They don't seem to happen to everybody equally. To be honest I didn't have this problem 3-4 months ago as the title was decided between direct competitors.
    My unproven wild theory is troll results happen to help the predetermined champion win.

Quote Originally Posted by KenoticFC View Post
    That's why I hate trolls. I posted in the past how I lost the last league despite getting great results against the other 3 contenders 4 wins and 2 draws. They don't seem to happen to everybody equally. To be honest I didn't have this problem 3-4 months ago as the title was decided between direct competitors.
    My unproven wild theory is troll results happen to help the predetermined champion win.
    What if there was something like pre-determination of how good or bad a team will have as a season. For example, some calculations are made at the start of the season (or during the switch to the new season - maintenance) to determine how good or bad a team will perform that particular season in the different competitions or for the season as whole irrespective of its quality and the formation used, that is a clear hidden advantage or disadvantage has already been stuck to the team from the start of the season and this will stick to it for the whole season? What if the same was for separate weeks (in an attempt to simulate the form of a team)?

In the past, it has happened that after having won the treble with a team in a season, that same team was like unrecognisable in the following season despite having mostly the same players. The above could be a possible explanation.

By the way, for the league, there used to be a pattern or trend: those that finished 1st-3rd in the league faced each other on the last days of the season. What I mean is that fixtures were done at start of the season, but usually those that finished 1st-3rd played each other on the last days of the 4th week, like the game already knew who would end up as 1st, 2nd and 3rd. But this season, it does not seem so for the case of my league.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    By the way, for the league, there used to be a pattern or trend: those that finished 1st-3rd in the league faced each other on the last days of the season. What I mean is that fixtures were done at start of the season, but usually those that finished 1st-3rd played each other on the last days of the 4th week, like the game already knew who would end up as 1st, 2nd and 3rd. But this season, it does not seem so for the case of my league.
    I've not noticed that for the several seasons I've been back in TE. I could meet one of the main contenders in one of the last three matches of the season, but not all of them and in the last consecutive days.

On the contrary, I seem to play the other big-shots fairly early in the cycle (about the end of the first week and entering the 3rd weekend). Good, I think, to get them out of the way and then make hay amongst the minnows...
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

Quote Originally Posted by talisman View Post
    I've not noticed that for the several seasons I've been back in TE. I could meet one of the main contenders in one of the last three matches of the season, but not all of them and in the last consecutive days.

On the contrary, I seem to play the other big-shots fairly early in the cycle (about the end of the first week and entering the 3rd weekend). Good, I think, to get them out of the way and then make hay amongst the minnows...
    In the past (2015-2016), usually 1st would play 2nd or 3rd in the last days of week 4. I have not noticed that since I came back too; maybe they changed it. This season for my team, it is start of week 2 and end of week 3 - start of week 4.
    Last edited by Tactician; 06-20-2017 at 11:08 PM.
    playing (11/12/2016)
    playing (May 2017)
    playing (22/07/2018)
    playing (02/09/2019)

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    OK 11200, I will bite the bait. What is in common? Me as a player or my team? I do have to add that I am using 2 teams with different strats but with the same results.

I know you will have freak results every season. Nothing wrong with that, unless the freak results have become the standard.
    There was no bait at all.
    It's all about matches you call it freak results, not the manager nor the team.
    It doesn't matter you manage how many teams. If this condition meet, you will receive the same result.

PS: there are hints all over the place in my previous post.

Apprentice
    Today semifinal of CL at home.

First leg was finished 1-1, I entered in game at minute 33 and my team wins 2-0. After 2 minutes my opponent score one gol.

Final score 3-4, he has not changed his tactics.

I don't know If we can consider a troll result, but maybe if I did not follow the game was better.
    How many troll results you had this season ?-cattura.jpg

After 8 season I believe that following the game is not a real advantage for our team, it is like the game puts you on a test...are you following the game? Ok, I raise the difficulty so let's see what you can do.

Is it a troll?
    How many troll results you had this season ?-favour.jpg
    How many troll results you had this season ?-troll.jpg

I'm white... it's the same thing a again, a lot more shots, but not on target... so what's that? And how to solve it?
    After his 2:0 lead, the SoT were 2:3 - 100% efficiency...

Btw: I beat this opponent 7:1 and 7:1 at cup, I won 3:0 at 1.leg of CL... he played always same formation.

Nasharak FC - Club Museum
    updates every new season
    I don't buy token.
    I don't manipulate the draw.

retired

League: 26x
    Champions League: 24x
    Cup: 20x

Triple: 18x

FA (Platinum)
    stats worthless because of
    exploiting and bug-weekend

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Ok, let's make a resume here
    First about the "rules"
    We are talking abut our teams (not our friends, or our League mates)
    We are talking about the 3 official competitions (not friendlies or asso games)
    We are talking vs very weak teams (2 stars below our team, abnormal formation, players out of position).
    A team without the manager watching, doesn't mean it's abandoned.
    A team with 5*-6* players in a good day, doing all the right things, can win any game.

We are not talking about broken stats, a fake 65%-35% ball possession without any effect in the game flow.
    We are not talking about a fix result , when whatever we do in game, has no effect and it ends without being able to win it.
    * not that the other team was better and won us (that's a troll) but we just couldn't score (or score more goals).

And remember the question of the thread :
    How many troll results you had in this season ?
    sub-question :
    More than two ?
    Because it was accepted all those years that 1-2 troll results it was normal for T11 ( ).
    Has anything changed in the game the latest months ?
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    no doubt that Real Madrid is the Team Of the Season
    Let's see some results of this season
    (relative link Real Madrid Results | Sky Sports )

How many troll results you had this season ?-real-spanish-l-troll.jpg
    3 games (draws) where couldn't win League teams much weaker
    A double bad result in the Cup (and goodbye treble )

Some not god results vs remarkable teams.

The Spanish League table
    How many troll results you had this season ?-real-spanish-l-table.jpg

Not so different from T11 games.
    But is our team better than Real Madrid ?
    hmmm
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html