Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Next league opponent: is this real?

Oh and I got this after my 5:0 defeat, yay.

Next league opponent: is this real?-badday_achievement.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Killroy View Post
    One thing about the team you are facing, I never buy scouts but my team looks almost similar to the one in your first post. It all has to do with proper buying and scouting the transfer market a lot. My team consist of all 6 and 7 star players and propably 2 players of my team don't have a SA. Even half of my reserves have SA.
    Thanks for your comment!

Okay, yes. I did already assume this is a possibility. But in the third league/season? Sorry, I don't think so. Except that this team is not the managers first. I don't want to offend or even criticize someone but it was my first impression and it still seems as he bought some/a lot scouts. Which is of course fine because it is not cheating or something else.

By the way: He (the manager I wrote at the beginning of the thread) is at the moment at the 7th place and did struggle obviously a lot. Currently there are other managers who are a lot more challenging in my league. Best example (I did describe here as well) is a manager who gained + ~10-12 % quality over one day by buying (I assume scout-) players and naming them as well . Another manager did improve his quality by buying some players by 8-10%. In the last case it does not look like he quickly bought only scout players but the previous one did it quite sure.

I don't know whether the manager I wrote about in my first comment here in this thread did buy only or at least a lot of scouts from the scratch but it seems to me this way. How else could he get such a great team at only the third season?

Best,
    Nidd
    nikolgiorgos likes this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    There are some managers who starting again with a new team.
    Maybe he is an old one.
    Altiplano and Niddhoeggr like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    There are some managers who starting again with a new team.
    Maybe he is an old one.
    Yep I said that already as well ("Except that this team is not the managers first."). But nevertheless it does not seem very doable. I don't think you can farm so many green packs in only two seasons to improve your players to this point. One way or another you'll will need some cash to boost your token income.

But well it is alright. I will try to make the best of it.

Today's match: Fifth place (=me) versus 8th place opponent. Same quality (106%), he is playing with a 3W-5-2 formation. Will try to counter this with a 451V.

Best,
    Nidd

Next league opponent: is this real?-futurama.jpeg

It's getting even worse and worse.

Fifth place (=me) versus 8th place opponent. Same quality (106%), he is playing with a 3W-5-2 formation. Will try to counter this with a 451V.
    It was a draw.

Cup game afterwards was a 1:1 and so my opponent won after the aggregated score of 4:3. Byebye, Cup (again^^).

Today was as well frustrating because I got another defeat in the league against an opponent with + ~8% more quality. I wouldn't say that this is a lot but I cant win against opponents who are slightly better or even slightly worse or equal in quality. I did not have this problem the two seasons before. Overall the statistics are quite balanced but my team can't score.

After the two days my team went down to the 8th rank in league and I'm again seriously considering to tank. This season is by now a disaster and I don't think I can at the end of the season take over at least the fourth place to get into the CL (I don't think as well to make it through winning the CL this seson although I am still in the competition).

Next league opponent: is this real?-tabelle_vortanken.jpg

It is quite risky to try to tank the season at this moment because I really don't know whether I can loose enough games to climb down the ladder. #14 in the league is also the one who tanks. #13 has only 50% quality (abandoned).

What do you think? Should I stick to my plan and take it as it is or should I consider/try to tank?

Thanks again in advance and best,
    Nidd

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    it's not too late for tanking or CH.L. exit but it looks a "bad" season for your team.
    Niddhoeggr likes this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Updates, updates, updates!

I decided against tanking this season, mostly because I had a lack of preparation (pushing FTs etc.) and wanted to at least see what the outcome could be at the end of the season.

I don't want to jinx it but: The last days were great or at least definitely better. The first match after my last post had to be a secure win because I played against the tanking manager in my league.
    Next league opponent: is this real?-demonking.jpg

So no big surprises here. But my first "wohooo" moment after a longer time was the 3:0 win versus the then #3 manager (approximately between 10-12% better than me) . Stats were also nice so it felt great.
    Next league opponent: is this real?-blackmagic_league.jpg

The next two games versus lower quality opponents went also well (3:1 vs a -17% quality team and a 5:0 vs a -30% quality team). Then came a little but expected setback: Had to play again versus the then #3 manager against I had won 3:0 in the Champions league. I hoped to beat him because as already said the game in the league went quite well and he played with the same players and the same formation. I applied the same tactics but I lost 1:3.
    Next league opponent: is this real?-blackmagic_cl1.jpg

Next up was the league match against the guy wherefore I originally created this thread. He pushed his team in the last days even more and he had ~ +15% more quality. But I had won!
    Next league opponent: is this real?-acmilan.jpg

Alright, so far so good. But the real highlight was the 2nd leg game in the Champions League. I applied the same tactics as in the two games before against the opponent but changed the formation. He played (at least almost) every time with a 4-2N(MC)-2W-2 formation. The first two games I tried something very defensive (4-1DMC-4-1) but after losing the first leg game i switched to 3-2W-3N-1-1. And the result was...
    Next league opponent: is this real?-blackmagic_cl2.jpg

The game was so tense! After a draw in between the first 90 minutes the important goal dropped afterwards in the overtime.

The next CL opponent will be even slightly better so I have no unrealistic beliefs. But it was an unexpected and therefore great win and you can imagine how happy I was.

Current league standings (I improved so far from the 8th to the third place. But many tricky games are to come):
    Next league opponent: is this real?-standings.jpg

Because I don't want to have this mess again in the next season I also thought about dropping my quality. I searched the forum and it seems (or am I wrong?) that the league draw is also determined by the quality of the teams.

Is this surely correct? Or does it only apply to Cup and CL?

Thanks and best,
    Nidd

P.S.: I have to crop the pictures in the future. Sorry for them being so huge.

Hey guys,

I was too lazy and occupied these last days and did not get a chance to update this thread. ^^ Unfortunately I did not take any screenshots from the most important games in the last season and only did make some few notes.

But here is the outcome of the last season, which had a rough beginning and ended quite satisfying despite not reinforcing my team: I ended at the third place (wohoo ), only one point behind the 2nd place team. I had some great league results against stronger teams and only lost at the end very tightly against the league winner and runner up. So despite being relatively weak (based on the average strength of all teams) my team managed to end up quite well. The 6-8th place should have been more realistic regarding my team's quality but I played mostly defensively with counter attacks and could catch more points then I was expecting at the mid-terms of the season.

The consecutively second win of the champions league against much stronger teams (expect for one opponent in the half finals, which was weaker and it was a close call at the end) was the climax of the last season. At first I was really frustrated, but it turned out well with a lot of commitment, studying of the other's team tactics and so on.

After the CL-win at the end of the season I dropped my quality because I wanted to avoid such constellations again. It was (so far) totally worth it and if you want you can read more in the following thread:
    https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...tml#post472205

I think I will leave this thread alone for some time because first of all the name is quite misleading and I guess there are better places (like the showcase sub forum) to write about my upcoming experiences. I would not mind to this here in this thread but I'm not sure how interesting or helpful it is for you. But yeah, just leave a comment if you want to hear about this season's occurrences and experiences.

Best,
    Nidd
    Last edited by Niddhoeggr; 08-25-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    madflo19 and Altiplano like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123