Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Quick experiment with new training

Quick experiment with new training

First time poster here. I have conducted a quick experiment to test the new training system.

Here is the test subject (the screenshot was from after today's training):

Quick experiment with new training-pic1.jpg

I picked him up as a 41% 18 y.o. fast trainer (FT) from auction. He gained about 6.5 skill% per 6x Lv4 Press, so in the words of the legendary Al Svanberg, his TEF (skill% gained/condition loss) was 0.36. After 3 seasons of mostly Gym and Press training with the occasional Fast Counter-Attacks (FCS) thrown in for Crossing, this is what he looks like now.

After the second match today, I gave him 6x Lv4 Press and nothing happened. Nada. 0 skill% increase. As a 7-starred FT under 21, his TEF should be 0.14. In other words, he should have gained between 2 and 3 skill%. I was confused.

So I decided to check the forum and of course I found out that the training system had been changed. To mix things up a bit, I gave him 6x Lv4 FCS just to see what would happen:

Quick experiment with new training-pic2.jpg

Incredibly, he gained 10 skill% from this set of training. His TEF should be 0.14 as mentioned earlier, so the expected gain from this set should be 22.5 x 0.14 = 3.15 skill%. Just to make sure this was no fluke, I did the same training set twice more:

Quick experiment with new training-pic3.jpg

Quick experiment with new training-pic4.jpg

From 3 sets of 6x FCS, he has gained 25 skill%, or 8.3% per set. This equals a TEF of 0.37 ((25/(22.5*3)), which is more or less what a 3 to 4-starred FT would gain. This is insane! Here is a 7-starred player who trains his lower skills as if he were still a 4-starred player!

As a side note, he gained 10% in Crossing (white skill) and 5% each from the 3 grey skills. So I think it is safe to say that white skills grow twice as fast as grey skills just like before.

Conclusions

1) Players gain skills just as fast (if not faster) as before if you train his lower skills.

2) You do not need to mix and match each individual set of training. This was my main concern when I found out the training system had been changed, since tailoring each individual set of training for each player to get the optimal result would be far too much work. As you can see from above, I have given my test player 18 FCS training in a row and the results are still good. You can continue giving your players 6x training with a particular drill, as long as you mix it up once certain skills are high enough.

Conjectures

1) In this quick experiment, the 4 skills being trained are all below 80% (i.e., 4 stars or below) and they were growing at a rate as if the player himself were 4-starred. I have a suspicion that the growth rate of a skill depends on the current level (star rating) of that particular skill, instead of the overall quality of the player like before. To put this another way, say you have a 7-starred player with certain skills that are under 80% (4 stars or below). If you pick a drill that only trains those low skills, the player will grow as if his overall quality were 4 stars or below. This is a pure conjecture, I could be completely wrong about it.

2) Someone asked about how training NP/SA works with the new system. I suppose there are only two logically explanations. Either i), it doesn't matter which drill you choose, just like it was before, or, ii) using the drills that train the lowest skills would provide the best results.

3) If I understand correctly, it seems like the long term effect of the new training system is that we will stop having players with 300% in some skills and 1% in others. On average, the white skills will be higher than the grey ones because they are still easier to train, but the gulf between white and grey skills will definitely decrease as the seasons go by. This is not a bad thing. Managers have been complaining about mutants and upselling for some time now, and I believe this is Nordeus' attempt to the mitigate the problems. If the new training system works the way I think it does, it will be extremely difficult to create 3-starred players with nearly maxed out white skills and extremely negative grey skills like the ones you see in the world's top associations.

-George
    Altiplano, Toxcatl, brolly and 9 others like this.

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    Well, I was thinking if the new training is working like the GK training trick.
    You know, giving few defending sets to a defender with high def. skills > nothing
    After that, giving him a set with attacking skills > boom, exploit
    brolly and IImaestroII like this.
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    Hats off to @ GLFC for posting results of training. And yes, I can see where Nordeus are going with this update in terms of limiting "mutant" skills.
    But I can see the day in 6 months time when every player within every team within Top Eleven has exactly the same skills. Then we only have tactics and the dice roll (RNG).
    With every update Nordeus take more and more control away.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    Well, I was thinking if the new training is working like the GK training trick.
    You know, giving few defending sets to a defender with high def. skills > nothing
    After that, giving him a set with attacking skills > boom, exploit
    You didn't have to bring this to their attention before nordeus blocks this trick lol!
    Altiplano and Kaizer Franz like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
    With every update Nordeus take more and more control away.
    Of course,this is their goal,they don't want us to know how the game works,that's why,every now and then they change something important of the game,that's why they don't care about the old players,because it's all about money .Most of the old players(or many of the forum members) know how to spend their tokens and boosters,or how to beat the system without spending cash.They don't want a football manager game,they want a slot machine.

A.C. MILAN LEGENDS-Team Showcase
    http://forum.topeleven.com/team-show...n-legends.html
    Season 45,lvl 43(24 trebles)
    GAME OVER

How does GK trenint work now ?
    Last edited by Neno; 04-12-2018 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Misspellings

Quote Originally Posted by Neno View Post
    How does GK trenint work now ?
    The same as before. I have tested this and more.

GLFC, great first post! I hope it won't be the last.
    112000, Altiplano and Der_Ryan_M like this.
    It wasn't our day.

now, to train AML, AMC, MC, DC, DL, ST DR, select a training session for Goalkeeper Training 6 x 10, 6 x 5, and 1 final skills. the goalkeeper with the same exertion gives good results. These are my attempts.
    112000 likes this.

Pro
    as he said he used 6* pressing ( to gain white skills ) he received nothing. but received a lot of skills when he used drills that target the dark skills ...

he used 3 sets of (6 FCAs) or 4 rests to get 10 white crossing useful skills and around 15 dark unimportant skills

In terms of fraction , his experiment was 2/5 successful which is below average.

on long term, this player will face even more difficulties to gain white skills because the increase of dark skills will increase the overall average of the player ....

If that's what Nordeus developers want us to do , can they tell us : what's the point of using drills that increase the dark skills?
    Last edited by USARABAT; 04-13-2018 at 08:24 AM.

Apprentice
    In today league game my best players gain around 4-6 % skill in their main trained skill (all above 200%) for a CL of about 18%. It seems that's worthier playing games than training. Later I'll try to play some friendlies to check it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast