Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: How to train your players properly after the update

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by GLFC View Post
    Conclusion

If you want to know how fast a player trains, ignore his overall quality. Instead, treat each individual skill as having its own star system (60%-79%=4*, 80%-99%=5* and so on). When a drill covers multiple skills, take the average of the skills being trained. Just like before with the star system, the more stars the skill average has, the slower your player will train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    Chapeau, Monsieur! This is exactly what I have also found out when training 2 of my players at the start of the season.Thanks for putting all the tables together, so that other people can also understand the new system, I didn't have time to do it yet...

Fact is, when you train a drill, do it until the average % of the drill are on 140%. Thats why selecting the order of the drills is quite important...
    And also I think, that training up 4 star players is now more valuable than ever before. Because with low white skills they gain a lot at the beginning and they are better skilled in young age. And low grey skills help you pushing some white skills over the top with the right drills.

Thx for the awesome overview!
    Fantastic work GLFC and Der_Ryan!

I will add my small validation of what you found since I was very pleased to see my results agreed with yours. My Slalom Dribble is only Semi-Pro, not World Class, so it generates fewer training points per session which accounts for my gains being slightly less than your table shows.

- I trained 3 wingers (see below) with Slalom Dribble, which trains Pass, Dribble, Fitness, and Speed (all 4 are white skills).
    - Training routine was [(Slalom Dribble x6) = 18% condition loss] x4 rounds = 72% condition @15% per green = 4.8 greens.

- Rodriguez: Average level of the 4 trained skills: 99.75
    Total skill points gained: 13 (3 Pass, 4 Dribble, 3 Fitness, 3 Strength)
    Skill points/rest pack: 2.7 <--------- close to the 3.2 gains/rest of the 100-119 category

- Son: Average level of the 4 trained skills: 96.75
    Total skill points gained: 17 (4 Pass, 4 Dribble, 5 Fitness, 4 Strength)
    Skill points/rest pack: 3.5 <--------- close to the 4.3 gains/rest of the 80-99 category

- Pulisic: Average level of the 4 trained skills: 73.25
    Total skill points gained: 20 (5 Pass, 5 Dribble, 5 Fitness, 5 Strength)
    Skill points/rest pack: 4.2 <--------- close to the 5.0 gains/rest of the 60-79 category

I think my gains/rest are basically the same as you got, GLFC, with my gains a little less since my Slalom Dribble is at a lower level. It definitely supports your table showing that the rate a skill gains is based on how high or low the sill itself is, not how high or low the player is. Well done.

Der_Ryan_M likes this.

New striker trained today, he is from youth academy last season. Methods were confirmed again.

How to train your players properly after the update-screenshot-2018-6-7-play-top-eleven-football-manager.jpg

I used PGS - Shooting Technique - Use Your Head - Skill Drill - Sprint (not finished yet) ... Next I would use 1on1 finishing.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolgiorgos View Post
    That was before the latest update.
    Now a grey skill of 40% gaining a double of a white skill of 140%.
    If you have a new player with about equal skill, yes.
    From my experience I can say you're wrong. What means is the average quality of the drill, not of each ability...
    And, but I may be wrong, It seems to me that also the average of class skills (attack, defense, Physical e Mental) in some way influence the pace, since I notice that when I trained speed and form, already above 270%, to my aml.
    His Physycal e Mental average was 112% and Long run trained at a good pace, despite it's not top class level. Training pass e dribbling with a top class training, was less efficient, despite they were around 220% (50% less than speed and form) but average attack was around 190%.
    I'd need to test some another times with other players and collect some evidence of that, but I'm pretty sure that class skill average has some weight in the new training system.

Rookie
    So, with the new system, what does a fast trainer look like? I bought a couple new players near the start of this season that I thought would be fast trainers based on their age, quality and salary, using the value chart from nikolgiorgos here: https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...tml#post500463

1. 19 y/o ST, $3.38 M Market Value, 93% Ability, 33% Overall Quality
    2. 18 y/o DC, $3.83 M Market Value, 94% Ability, 33% Overall Quality

Neither of them is a true 1st Class FT based on Nik's standards (max Quality at Level 3 is 34%, max Market Value is ~$5-6 M) but they should be 2nd Class FT.

Since the season started, the 19 y/o ST has increased to 105% Ability (+12%), 36% Quality (+3%) and the 18 y/o DC has increased to 103% Ability (+9%) and 35% Quality (+2%). I don't powertrain but I do train all my players each day using about 30% condition (two green packs) plus whatever skills they gain during games. Does anyone have an opinion whether this increase is fast, slow, medium?

Note: my attack drills are higher level than my defense drills, so I think that's why the ST has advanced faster than the DC.

Gastei 450 maletas!
    How to train your players properly after the update-jogador-.jpg

How you did that ?
    How many greens ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ποσιδονας View Post
    How you did that ?
    How many greens ?
    Not more than you to reach the same avg Q level.

He’s up selling the player via multiple teams. With the new training system very low skills are more important than ever to be able to train specific skill.
    He uses the gray skills to pump up the others.

The changes Nordeus made and the upper caps they added are not preventing up selling or mutant players. It’s only done for us to spend more greens to develop a decent player. And it has taken away a lot of freedom to make a choice to develop specific skills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

Yeah thats what I noticed as well, the people that benefit the most from the new training system are the upsellers...

Greek Forum Moderator nikolgiorgos's Avatar
    I also made a mini guide about how to train players without loosing greens
    (here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...day-after.html )
    but upselling and creating mutants is not included - lol
    The good part is that those teams care only for asso top100 (and maybe the Cup).
    Καλώς ήρθατε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ
    http://forum.topeleven.com/%CE%93%CE...%B4%CE%B1.html

Famous
    What I'm finding is defenders and goalkeepers train slower than attackers. Anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast