Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: This is not a rant, just me looking for answers.

MDKII
    Quote Originally Posted by Maor23 View Post
    alright, I agree, perhaps my words were a little bit harsh but all I want is to be heard. I haven't been on these forums for very long, maybe a little over a month but I can tell that sometimes Nordeus just sweep things under the carpet and ignore the problem even though there have been so many threads about it. perhaps the most common bugs and technical issues (e.g the GK bug and the friendly match issue) were taken into consideration and may take time to fix I understand that but there were numerous threads about the game engine not being fair, and injuries being too common and never have I seen an answer that promises a look into the facts, all we see is "it could happen to everyone", "it's random" or the newest excuse you just gave me "If I knew why you lost in the game against a "worse" team, then I wouldn't be getting my behind handed to me in the game when I play as well".

sorry if I offended you or anyone that works for Nordeus in any way, but all I want is you guys to hear what we have to say, because if 1 or 2 people say something's wrong there may be a problem with them but if so many people state the SAME problem over and over again then there's something wrong with the game.
    I do my best to read as many threads as I can, and I saw this thread after your first post. I can't really respond with "I've read this, thanks for the post", because I've used gaming forums as a player myself and I know how I'd feel about receiving that kind of answer. Rest assured, I do my best to relay all the common (and uncommon) issues with the game to the Devs. There have been quite a few bugs we managed to fix thanks to everyone's input. Sometimes it takes longer to fix or implement something, sometimes it's quick. It's why I can't really give much of a substantial update often, because it happens that we don't even know how long it'll take at times.

But everyone here has a voice as long as they respect everyone else's right to voice an opinion. Devs read the forums when they can fit it in their schedule, I read them on a daily basis, the mods read it and other players read it. I understand the frustration that can come from the game because even we at Nordeus sometimes get heated when we get too many injuries and lose important matches (we sadly don't have an "I win" button as developers ).

I'd also like to say that we've never used (that I remember) the excuse that the game is random or that "it could happen to everyone". I see players use this excuse (as well as other, more conspiracy-theory oriented excuses), but if you want to know why you lost a certain match, I think the closest official answer is "we can't tell you that". It's up to you to figure out and decide why you think you lost a match. Bad formation, bad players, bad luck, etc. If you think you could have done something, then maybe it's players or formation or not doing a good substitution on time. If you think you did everything you could, maybe the other manager did something more than that, or maybe yes, it was bad luck. Managing isn't just about setting up the perfect plan, but overcoming the inevitable setback as well, regardless what the reason for that setback was. This is maybe the closest I could give to an official answer.
    cracicot and SimplySimon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MDKII View Post
    I do my best to read as many threads as I can, and I saw this thread after your first post. I can't really respond with "I've read this, thanks for the post", because I've used gaming forums as a player myself and I know how I'd feel about receiving that kind of answer. Rest assured, I do my best to relay all the common (and uncommon) issues with the game to the Devs. There have been quite a few bugs we managed to fix thanks to everyone's input. Sometimes it takes longer to fix or implement something, sometimes it's quick. It's why I can't really give much of a substantial update often, because it happens that we don't even know how long it'll take at times.

But everyone here has a voice as long as they respect everyone else's right to voice an opinion. Devs read the forums when they can fit it in their schedule, I read them on a daily basis, the mods read it and other players read it. I understand the frustration that can come from the game because even we at Nordeus sometimes get heated when we get too many injuries and lose important matches (we sadly don't have an "I win" button as developers ).

I'd also like to say that we've never used (that I remember) the excuse that the game is random or that "it could happen to everyone". I see players use this excuse (as well as other, more conspiracy-theory oriented excuses), but if you want to know why you lost a certain match, I think the closest official answer is "we can't tell you that". It's up to you to figure out and decide why you think you lost a match. Bad formation, bad players, bad luck, etc. If you think you could have done something, then maybe it's players or formation or not doing a good substitution on time. If you think you did everything you could, maybe the other manager did something more than that, or maybe yes, it was bad luck. Managing isn't just about setting up the perfect plan, but overcoming the inevitable setback as well, regardless what the reason for that setback was. This is maybe the closest I could give to an official answer.
    even though I'm not entirely satisfied with the answer, I thank you for it. it's not your fault as I wouldn't be satisfied with any given answer, because it's just not fair sometimes. I just want to ask you for one more thing, if you didn't already do so, please forward this to whoever that can do something about it.

every person has a limit of how much injustice and unrealistic loses he can take and I can assure you that if it continues that way you will lose some players. I don't care if you (Nordeus) only created this game for money or if you actually like it, but we do like this game so please don't let us down.
    Mister Q likes this.

Banned
    I understand the frustration that can come from the game because even we at Nordeus sometimes get heated when we get too many injuries and lose important matches (we sadly don't have an "I win" button as developers ).
    Alas, you might not have the "I win" button BUT, and this is a J-LO big BUT, you do have the inside information on the rules and formations and other aspects of the game that are yet to be released to the general public. Lets face it: the devs programmed the game and know what is best for their players and teams. That is not to say that they should win every game, BUT, another big J-LO BUT, they have the upper hand when it comes to knowledge of the game. Knowledge is power. This cannot be denied.

All that to say...I want to be a MOD.

It's up to you to figure out and decide why you think you lost a match. Bad formation, bad players, bad luck, etc. If you think you could have done something, then maybe it's players or formation or not doing a good substitution on time. If you think you did everything you could, maybe the other manager did something more than that, or maybe yes, it was bad luck. Managing isn't just about setting up the perfect plan, but overcoming the inevitable setback as well, regardless what the reason for that setback was. This is maybe the closest I could give to an official answer.
    The whole thread is about the fact that that doesnt work properly. Did you realize what this is all about? WE WANT IT THAT WAY BUT IT IS NOT YET!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
    The whole thread is about the fact that that doesnt work properly. Did you realize what this is all about? WE WANT IT THAT WAY BUT IT IS NOT YET!!!!!
    I'm sorry, I did not hear you with the CAPS LOCK on.

mates we are complaining about the same things many months now. as i have allready wrote to older threads i believe that the problem is that the results are predetermined before they games start. thats probably the reason that you cannot do changes the last 3 minutes before the match. think about it. how can they solve these bugs if the engine decides the result in advance? so there is another question. why they do not change this and let the results be decided during the match. probably they can't handle the data because of the requirements.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
    It seems to me that what the thread is about is some people wanting the game to work like this:

I have a better team, I win the match

OR

I want to understand exactly how the game works so that I can put out a winning team every time

There are a whole lot of players who aren't on the forum complaining about losing a few games or having injuries that enjoy the challenge of trying to build a squad and compete for trophies in a difficult game. I am one of those who prefers that it isn't just about buying the best players or setting up the right counter formation - although those things can help at times
    FC Sanguis likes this.
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by gkassimis View Post
    mates we are complaining about the same things many months now. as i have allready wrote to older threads i believe that the problem is that the results are predetermined before they games start. thats probably the reason that you cannot do changes the last 3 minutes before the match. think about it. how can they solve these bugs if the engine decides the result in advance? so there is another question. why they do not change this and let the results be decided during the match. probably they can't handle the data because of the requirements.
    Another conspiracy theory. Seriously? If you don't believe that you can influence the result of a match, why are you bothering to play at all? Some elements of how a game will play out will be influenced by what happens before it starts, this is the same IRL - formation, fitness, form etc.

BUT, changing formations, tactics, substitutions during the game do affect play, because otherwise how would a sub get injured/sent off/score a goal if that was all decided before the start?
    Team:

- Feeder AFC -

Season 5, Level 5

Records:

Season 1: League Champions (no Cup or CL)

Season 2: League Champions, Cup silver medal, CL silver medal

Season 3: League Champions, CL bronze medal

Season 4: League bronze medal, CL winner, Cup winner

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post
    Another conspiracy theory. Seriously? If you don't believe that you can influence the result of a match, why are you bothering to play at all? Some elements of how a game will play out will be influenced by what happens before it starts, this is the same IRL - formation, fitness, form etc.

BUT, changing formations, tactics, substitutions during the game do affect play, because otherwise how would a sub get injured/sent off/score a goal if that was all decided before the start?
    I do believe you can influence the match with subs, but i do also believe that only to a certain extent. When your formation snd tactics are right, and you have close to 80% ball possession? With the favour bar almost 100% on your favour, how can you draw 2-2 or even lose? That is the contraddiction. Same goes for playing vs illegals. Just doesnt add up. Imho in those 3 minutes you cant change team. The system already calculates how overall the match will be (easy win/battled one/you ll suffer etc) and from that you might influence the going to a certain point ( let s say if you start at -3 value you might recover up to 0, ising numbers)
    aiureah likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SimplySimon View Post

rookie the fact that there are many crap things about this game doesn't mean that the game is crap. i find very interesting thigs about it thats why i am still playing. i try to set up my team properly before the game begins but i have no illusions that i can change the course of it if something goes ugly
    Maor23 and aiureah like this.
    Kyparissia FC
    Level 35
    28 Champions, 15 Champions League, 15 Cups, 2 Super Cup

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast