Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Games scheduled too close to each other

Apprentice
    _____
    Last edited by TheWhiteKirby; 01-09-2020 at 02:27 PM. Reason: delete
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    Not trying to be mean but if you have 99% condition on the first game and you use low pressing you get 79% condition plus another 6% from the 3 hours thing in training, that s 85% condition. It s more than enough, trust me.
    When your starters are 85% and you're going against a team that's stronger on paper and had more time to rest so their players are at 99%, it isn't enough. That's the problem I experience. Everytime my schedule is congested it's always full of important, season-defining, games lol
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Quote Originally Posted by FC-Helsinki View Post
    50% is enough for game. It does not make any difference in to your perfomance.

Lähetetty minun SNE-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla
    Not trying to be mean but if you have 99% condition on the first game and you use low pressing you get 79% condition plus another 6% from the 3 hours thing in training, that s 85% condition. It s more than enough, trust me.
    Doesn't really apply.
    1. Sometimes the 3 hours between games don't mean there will be any 6% increase, from what I've noticed, if the 6% gain is too close to the game time, it will be added after the end of the match.
    2. A 50% to 85% might work in theory against weaker opponents, but this is not the case for me, for a number of reasons:

-it would work for lower quality opponents, and every few seasons I lower my team quality to rig the draw, but this I don't do each season, as it is making the game more boring;
    -my opponents (level 58) are grouped in a 85-99% quality bracket, with my main 4 or 5 opponents at the 99 upper limit, which is also my quality atm. Opponents are mostly active and improving, even the lower quality ones, and since this is the season's beginning, I expect team improvements on their side.

This means most of the matches are against ready and active players and I wouldn't go with having my team not ready, especially since I am going for the 5th consecutive CL title and 4th consecutive Treble+SuperCup.

I do squad rotation and have a decent team, of course with some improvements needed and limited resources and I tend to keep my well performing players for as long as possible, albeit as substitutes.
    But the squad rotation is mainly done for preservation of greens and considering my though matches, it happens in non-key possitions: MCs, GK, DL or DR depending on opponent.

So yeah: I can go with 50-85% condition, but no, I will not. I'll just reschedule the damn matches for now.
    Last edited by ParshulXXL; 01-10-2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Parshcester City
    League Titles: 38
    UCL Titles: 13
    Cups: 21
    Super Cups: 6
    In-Game Seasons/Active Seasons: 96/61

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ParshulXXL View Post
    Doesn't really apply.
    1. Sometimes the 3 hours between games don't mean there will be any 6% increase, from what I've noticed, if the 6% gain is too close to the game time, it will be added after the end of the match.
    2. A 50% to 85% might work in theory against weaker opponents, but this is not the case for me, for a number of reasons:

-it would work for lower quality opponents, and every few seasons I lower my team quality to rig the draw, but this I don't do each season, as it is making the game more boring;
    -my opponents (level 58) are grouped in a 85-99% quality bracket, with my main 4 or 5 opponents at the 99 upper limit, which is also my quality atm. Opponents are mostly active and improving, even the lower quality ones, and since this is the season's beginning, I expect team improvements on their side.

This means most of the matches are against ready and active players and I wouldn't go with having my team not ready, especially since I am going for the 5th consecutive CL title and 4th consecutive Brace+SuperCup.

I do squad rotation and have a decent team, of course with some improvements needed and limited resources and I tend to keep my well performing players for as long as possible, albeit as substitutes.
    But the squad rotation is mainly done for preservation of greens and considering my though matches, it happens in non-key possitions: MCs, GK, DL or DR depending on opponent.

So yeah: I can go with 50-85% condition, but no, I will not. I'll just reschedule the damn matches for now.
    With your points:

1. A 6% recovery will always happen between our first and second matches (Eg. If the first game is at 6.10pm, and recovery time is between 6.08pm to 6.25pm, then the 6% conditions will be added after the first game - which I consider this being in our favour when we can prepare players to max before matches and get 6% recovery before our next game)

2. As you mentioned, squad rotation is very important when it comes to saving greens. It all depends on how many key players you wish to keep playing every minute and what your bench quality has to be in being competitive.

With 2 games every day and looking to save greens, usually our weaker team with as many as 7 bench players, will handle most minutes of the easier game. The easier game is mainly league game, and sometimes could be CL group game which we can afford to win by smaller margins or Cup/CL 2nd leg which we can afford to win small or even draw when we have already got a healthy first leg win.

Regulars will handle the more difficult game, and play as many minutes as possible without exhausting conditions that will impact recovery for the following day’s matches.

3. Any player with less than 90% conditions should not feature in the more difficult game, assuming the opponent is good enough to beat us. For weaker opponents who we should win comfortably, I may play the regulars for the first 60-75 minutes if they have 85%-89% conditions. Anything less than 85%, then the regulars will only come on as a sub, or I rather use a green to recover him to play the full game instead.

At least that shouldn’t end us up losing games because of the most basic things as conditions.
    ParshulXXL likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Imagine blaming the 80+ condition after you lose , lol....
    I think the condition comes in when you concede 2-3 goals in the last minutes of the game, but that also might depend in your changes of tactics, thus allowing the opponent to take advantage of that.
    I still think 80+ condition is enough for every game, even against a 99 condition opponent, but that is not that common, because most of the inactive accounts have 99 condition every game and they still lose, and the active managers who play on all fronts, your main opponents do the same thing as you and play 2 games per day. So that thing is also flawed.
    Try and do your best and hope Troll Eleven doesn t troll you.
    Last edited by SuperDunk; 01-10-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Pro
    Imagine blaming the 80+ condition after you lose , lol....
    I think the condition comes in when you concede 2-3 goals in the last minutes of the game, but that also might depend in your changes of tactics, thus allowing the opponent to take advantage of that.
    I still think 80+ condition is enough for every game, even against a 99 condition opponent, but that is not that common, because most of the inactive accounts have 99 condition every game and they still lose, and the active managers who play on all fronts, your main opponents do the same thing as you and play 2 games per day. So that thing is also flawed.
    Try and do your best and hope Troll Eleven doesn t troll you.
    If I were to lose, conditions couldn’t be apportioned any blame because they would have been 90%+.

Different managers look at and handle this issue differently. Some may prefer to optimise the savings of greens, hence being more willing to start games with players of just around 90% or even less. With a strong advantage over opponents, probably 90% or even 95% of the time the slight disadvantage of conditions would not matter as quality rules.

If we view a very bad roll of dice combination in an actual term of ‘-30% of our player quality throughout the whole game’ plus ‘+30% of opponent players quality throughout the whole game’ (no proof there, but more than likely there should be 2 dices, with each for 1 team - if there is only 1 dice, shock results should be a lot more frequent), then another -10% negative conditions against opponent’s could actually mean our quality advantage could go from 60%+ to neutral in most of the game or even to negative territory in the final 15-30 minutes.

It’s also very common that a favourite team would score very heavily in the last 20 minutes of a game, especially so if we could afford to use high pressing+man-marking in the second half and using low pressing+zonal in the first half.

99% conditions of opponents means very little for inactive managers because their static team could not be suited to 2 varying tactics:

1) if they are set as high pressing/man-mark throughout the game (which can be told from where they take throw-ins and if they keep a distance from our ball-holding player), their conditions would be worse than us in around 46th to 68th minute of the game when we started to high-press them. Put on 3 80%+ subs in midfield around the 65th minute will rule the midfield as opponents all tired

2) if they set as low pressing/zonal throughout the game, then this opponent is a piece of cake as high-press+hard attacking in the 2nd half will make an inferior opposition keep losing possession in their own half. We just need to keep ST/AMs if they score, or sub them if they keep misfiring. A matter of time.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

And you know this how? @AAA
    What do you know what your opponent is using throughout the game?
    I can counter something I know, but what I don t know I can t

Quote Originally Posted by ParshulXXL View Post
    Hello fellow forumers,

I noticed since the start of the new season my games are grouped together in quick succession:
    Most of the days the games have 3 hours between them.
    On 5 of 8 days with two games scheduled (6 UCL group games and 2 Cup games), the games are 3 hours apart, for the rest it's 4 and 5 hours respectively.

It did not happen to me in the previous seasons, I usually had 8-9 hours between games, by default, I now have to spend tokens to change the time when I can, otherwise it is not easy to prepare the team between games with all the greens and blues required and no automatic 6% condition gains!

Anyone else experiencing this aggressive scheduling behavior?
    Yes I face this too and I feel they do this on purpose to force us to watch videos for greens. I watch the videos anyway but I am forced to use them. I got so sick of wasting my greens that I now have a full 2nd team that plays whichever team is weaker for the day. Only on days where both matches are crucial do I play my first team twice.

Pro
    And you know this how? @AAA
    What do you know what your opponent is using throughout the game?
    I can counter something I know, but what I don t know I can t
    Yes, opponent tactics would be revealed within the animations, and quite clearly.

Say zonal vs man-marking.

When it is zonal, we can see the marking defender is only keeping a distance from the ball-holding player and not attempting to move very close to the attacker. His job is kind of doing the minimum (saving energy) to ‘just to be there’ as a nuisance. Other defenders will form a stable shape to take the best positions to clear possible crosses.

Upside: Conditions saving. And also better team shape to avoid through-balls if general defence is better than opponent’s attack by a margin of at least 10%
    Downside: Defenders will allow more space for anyone to shoot, and especially vulnerable with long shots from AMs when there is no DMC or less DMC vs AMCs
    Perfect counter: AMR/AML/AMC (even better with shadow striker SA) will be having a field day because the opponents are not actively closing in to tackle, and so should go for attacking or hard attacking, with more AMs than opponents’ DM to win by scoring from range. Even better if we can sub in good AMs after 60th minute to take advantage of conditions (90%+ vs 70%+ in the last 15 minutes).

When it is man-marking, the man-marking defender will move very close to the ball-holding attacker and consistently try to push the attacker away from doing his preferred attack (say he covers the angle from crosses coming in and force the attacker passing back). Other defenders will be tracking each attacker to close down on possible passing coming to them.

Upside: Equal or slightly weaker team’s defenders will be able to match their attackers most of the time. Attacker finds it easy to have moves broken down by tackles at early stage of attacking moves. Good crosses also cannot come in that easily.
    Downside: Energy draining, which will pose a incurable problem on conditions deficit if attacking side knows this by earlier animation and switch to low pressing+zonal, then switch to high pressing+man-mark in 2nd half. Also vulnerable to creative and long-ball playing midfielders playing through-passes if attacking side has man-advantage in certain areas, say 3v2 on the flanks or 5v4 in the middle.
    Perfect counter: Rather than wasting energy to press and create chances when it is hard, switch to low press, zonal, normal/defensive and short passing to build up play from our back. That will further drain the defenders conditions. Then switch to high press and long pass after 60th minute, put on 90%+ midfielders sub, and keep attacking. Defending side is now exhausted and will concede loads.

Long/short passing type should be easy to tell, so won’t need further illustration.
    Generally, use offside trap to deal with long passing teams, or use offside trap with only 3 defenders (that means the 3 defenders have all to be top quality) having very good ‘positioning’ attributes can also stop counter attacks.
    Short passing means a very high, usually 85%+, passing success rate. Those teams are easiest to deal with as high pressing + hard attacking means they will usually lose possession in their own half, and they do not pose much attacking threat with little long balls.
    Mixed is the hardest to deal with as it needs the most caution of ours.

And that’s why I said inactive managers are the easiest to be dealt with, because they won’t change pressing type or zonal/man-marking type during games. Either they tire out to lose in 2nd half (we use only change to high pressing in 2nd half when they use high press the whole game), or they will lose because they don’t mark properly (AMs will score a lot with space).
    SuperDunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillybq View Post
    Yes I face this too and I feel they do this on purpose to force us to watch videos for greens. I watch the videos anyway but I am forced to use them. I got so sick of wasting my greens that I now have a full 2nd team that plays whichever team is weaker for the day. Only on days where both matches are crucial do I play my first team twice.
    And you are what, level 5? Same level as me, and i doubt you re having a tougher season than i do...
    soooo....who s right here?
    I m still around, LOL!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast