Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Games scheduled too close to each other

Games scheduled too close to each other

Hello fellow forumers,

I noticed since the start of the new season my games are grouped together in quick succession:
    Most of the days the games have 3 hours between them.
    On 5 of 8 days with two games scheduled (6 UCL group games and 2 Cup games), the games are 3 hours apart, for the rest it's 4 and 5 hours respectively.

It did not happen to me in the previous seasons, I usually had 8-9 hours between games, by default, I now have to spend tokens to change the time when I can, otherwise it is not easy to prepare the team between games with all the greens and blues required and no automatic 6% condition gains!

Anyone else experiencing this aggressive scheduling behavior?
    Parshcester City
    League Titles: 38
    UCL Titles: 13
    Cups: 21
    Super Cups: 6
    In-Game Seasons/Active Seasons: 96/61

Not trying to be mean but if you have 99% condition on the first game and you use low pressing you get 79% condition plus another 6% from the 3 hours thing in training, that s 85% condition. It s more than enough, trust me.
    maloukees likes this.

Apprentice
    50% is enough for game. It does not make any difference in to your perfomance.

Lähetetty minun SNE-LX1 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Pro
    Parshul, the schedule of matches depend on both your time zone and other managers’.

In theory, it could be best if your opponent is living in a +/-12 hours timezone from yours (eg. UK and Aus), so when the game schedule for you to have an early game against someone else could be followed by his/her early game, which would be a late game for you.

The ‘worst’ is to having a similar time zone with both sets of opponents on the same matchday. The game engine has to be fair to try scheduling a game for the convenience (or similarly both a relatively unwelcomed time in the small hours) for both managers. Best is for games to be at least some 9 hours apart, but that cannot be guaranteed as for fairness over a home and away game tie (CL or Cup), there should be an early and late game each for us and the opponent.

Except the final day of a season when a super cup game is always added randomly and ignores the general ‘rule’ of having 3 hours between matches, there should always be a 6% recovery as a minimum. Obviously, dropping from max for some 20% then recovering only 6% will only bring it back to mid-80s. Most likely those players may not perform well for another full 90 minutes, but they should for another 45 minutes. And that’s why we have 17 subs and reserves. Isn’t it?

In real football week (vs a matchday in game), most managers have to sub at least half of regulars, or even 8-9 regulars for a midweek match, and only call on their best player for the last 30 minutes to chase a result if the reserves couldn’t finish the job. That kind of reflects what we need to do in football management (only exception is we want to play our first-11 in every single minute without sub ).
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

@HeavensAAA I think you are attributing most of the things IRL to this random score generator game.
    In this game you can play with the same 11 for the full season, as Helsinki said even 40-50 condition is sufficient to win.
    Watch the Liverpool games and see that the main core of the team plays evert 3-4 days.
    I m still around, LOL!

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDunk View Post
    @HeavensAAA I think you are attributing most of the things IRL to this random score generator game.
    In this game you can play with the same 11 for the full season, as Helsinki said even 40-50 condition is sufficient to win.
    Watch the Liverpool games and see that the main core of the team plays evert 3-4 days.
    @SuperDunk You are right there we could win with conditions as low as 40-50%, as long as we are heavy favourites of a tie.

Not sure anyone has tested it, but I would tend to believe that dropping to a certain level of conditions would equal to an drop of quality of a player. Eg. 80%+ means full quality of the player (hence in green), 50%-80% conditions means somewhat 70%-90% quality, 30%-50% conditions means 50%-70% quality, and under 30% conditions means player may only play as half or worse as his maximum potential in quality. This could also explain why when we put it an excellent sub, or a first-11 as sub, in around the 60th minute, then that player tends to score a brace or even hat-trick within a short space of time.

Like all other managers, I also always play my best players for as long as possible for both their performance and motm improvement.

The difference is I would not spend 11 greens onto all first-11 to recover all to max conditions for the 2nd match of a day. Mostly I would use 4 greens to keep my best 4 players at max conditions and they will play for the full match (last match of the day, so no need to worry about preparing for next), 3 mid-high 80s% conditions to play full game and the lower 80+ conditions either play first half or come on as subs in around 60th minute, depending on opponents. They should all have around 70% by the end of 2nd match, and should be back to full the next matchday. GK normally would not require greens even when match is on high pressing.

The last thing that a manager needs is to exhaust most first-11 to 50% after 2 matches, then have to put in 2 or even 3 greens for each of them for the next day when fighting in a must-win cup tie.

This is how I would save greens when game-time for the worst few of first-11 could be sacrificed. There is no random factor in play here.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavensAAA View Post
    @SuperDunk You are right there we could win with conditions as low as 40-50%, as long as we are heavy favourites of a tie.

Not sure anyone has tested it, but I would tend to believe that dropping to a certain level of conditions would equal to an drop of quality of a player. Eg. 80%+ means full quality of the player (hence in green), 50%-80% conditions means somewhat 70%-90% quality, 30%-50% conditions means 50%-70% quality, and under 30% conditions means player may only play as half or worse as his maximum potential in quality. This could also explain why when we put it an excellent sub, or a first-11 as sub, in around the 60th minute, then that player tends to score a brace or even hat-trick within a short space of time.

Like all other managers, I also always play my best players for as long as possible for both their performance and motm improvement.

The difference is I would not spend 11 greens onto all first-11 to recover all to max conditions for the 2nd match of a day. Mostly I would use 4 greens to keep my best 4 players at max conditions and they will play for the full match (last match of the day, so no need to worry about preparing for next), 3 mid-high 80s% conditions to play full game and the lower 80+ conditions either play first half or come on as subs in around 60th minute, depending on opponents. They should all have around 70% by the end of 2nd match, and should be back to full the next matchday. GK normally would not require greens even when match is on high pressing.

The last thing that a manager needs is to exhaust most first-11 to 50% after 2 matches, then have to put in 2 or even 3 greens for each of them for the next day when fighting in a must-win cup tie.

This is how I would save greens when game-time for the worst few of first-11 could be sacrificed. There is no random factor in play here.
    Doesn t the game rest your player 8x6=48% everyday? So -40% from 2 games and 48% rest means its an endless cycle.
    So i really don t see the point in giving rests to any of my players.They are always 80+
    I m still around, LOL!

Pro
    Doesn t the game rest your player 8x6=48% everyday? So -40% from 2 games and 48% rest means its an endless cycle.
    So i really don t see the point in giving rests to any of my players.They are always 80+
    Yes, the regeneration cycle is 48% everyday.

For player and team bonus to max 10%, a minimum of 2 x 4.5% (6 very easy drills) training run would be needed, and trained with ads (other thread has explained it well). 9% spent.

If we use low pressing and zonal every game for around 20% loss in conditions each game, then conditions should always stay around max after a 1-day cycle.

However, there are always some tight games (us and opponent are only a few % apart, or even superior to us) that are must-wins, say a CL or Cup knockout round, that we would need to adjust to high pressing (to chase a goal) or man-marking (to try to prevent a goal against). We would need to then recover our first-11 by greens.

And needless to say, for association matches that we need to win (say a 8-8 points asso draw in the first tie, then we had to play a match before losing conditions for 2nd tie), then may need to use greens as well. Asso mates would be furious that we would lose a tie by a late goal in not using a few greens to recover properly (although we will never admit it and just blame on bad luck if it happens )
    ParshulXXL likes this.

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by ParshulXXL View Post
    Hello fellow forumers,

I noticed since the start of the new season my games are grouped together in quick succession:
    Most of the days the games have 3 hours between them.
    On 5 of 8 days with two games scheduled (6 UCL group games and 2 Cup games), the games are 3 hours apart, for the rest it's 4 and 5 hours respectively.

It did not happen to me in the previous seasons, I usually had 8-9 hours between games, by default, I now have to spend tokens to change the time when I can, otherwise it is not easy to prepare the team between games with all the greens and blues required and no automatic 6% condition gains!

Anyone else experiencing this aggressive scheduling behavior?
    I have previously experienced this, it is nothing new,

But I have had worse, I had 2 competition matches 25 minutes apart from each other. This was because I had to play the Super Cup match since I had won the Champions League and I played the league game and won both, then the next season, it was 8 hours apart and I won all 4 games in the 2 seasons.

I am not sure why it happens, maybe to for you to from up rests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    I posted a similar thread awhile ago. I am scheduled for 3 games today. I'll be scheduled for another 3 tomorrow and then get 24 hrs off.
    The Warpstars - League Level 25 - Club Record: 746W - 120D - 146L
    Goals Scored: 3094 Goals Against: 863
    Club History
    11 League Trophies: 3,4,5,7,8,9,10,17,18,19,24 | 6 Runner-Up: 2,6,11,13,16, 20
    2 Cup Trophies: 5,7 | 4 Runner-Up: 10,17,19,24
    0 Super League Trophies: | 0 Runner-Up:
    3 Champion's League Trophies: 2,10,22 | 4 Runner-Up: 8,12,19,24
    0 Triple Crowns:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast