Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Season 135 - Are you ready?

Addicted
    First league game of the season is in the books. Judging by the draw, it looks like it’ll be competitive until the very end. It was a tough away game as the opposition team is currently the third strongest team in the league. We prepared well and managed to control the game. The result was a comfortable win albeit only winning by two goals. I’m happy we managed so well. A great start to the season with 3/3 wins. Looking forward to the first CL game tonight, which should be a technicality as we’re far superior to our opposition.
    Last edited by Arphaxad; 08-18-2020 at 11:16 AM.
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

Max
    First game of my CL campaign was a nervy game as we went behind twice but we got the job done in the end, at the moment, my squad is slightly disjointed at the moment, because I haven’t made any changes yet due to all the bidding wars going on at this stage of the season, I will make all necessary changes in the next couple of days once these bidding wars calm down.

Still we have maintained our 100% start to the season which is the main thing.

Season 135 - Are you ready?-img_3841.jpg

Season 135 - Are you ready?-img_3842.jpg

Season 135 - Are you ready?-img_3843.jpg

Hmmm... we need a challange for this season...

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Hmmm... we need a challange for this season...
    A season without bugs?...................Damn!
    khris likes this.

Max
    Good start to the league.

Season 135 - Are you ready?-img_1925.jpg

Season 135 - Are you ready?-img_1918.jpg

Also 4 wins from 4 matches.

Season 135 - Are you ready?-img_1923.jpg

Think I'm ready after last season's quad with my new club.

Edit: lol, now I've forgotten how to attach pics
    Last edited by Buffs Mad; 08-22-2020 at 06:13 PM.
    Altiplano and khris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffs Mad View Post
    Think I'm ready after last season's quad with my new club.

Edit: lol, now I've forgotten how to attach pics >.<
    Too large file Buffs, I can't fix it

VFK
    Rookie
    Started the league with two losses from two tough games, couldn't really do much today, My possession was only 42 % which is pretty low, but still I got to attack only THREE times with the last one being in the 90th minute when the game was already lost.

Didn't matter when I switched the mentality into more attacking or when I changed the formation to 6 midfielders. Didn't matter when I set the passing strategy to short or when I put the possession bonus to 15 %. (Not that I believed those to have a major effect, just had to try something ) I simply couldn't get to attack. Not much you can do, pretty frustrating.
    Last edited by VFK; 08-19-2020 at 01:46 PM.

Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by VFK View Post
    Started the league with two losses from two tough games, couldn't really do much today, My possession was only 42 % which is pretty low, but still I got to attack only THREE times with the last one being in the 90th minute when the game was already lost.

Didn't matter when I switched the mentality into more attacking or when I changed the formation to 6 midfielders. Didn't matter when I set the passing strategy to short or when I put the possession bonus to 15 %. (Not that I believed those to have a major effect, just had to try something ) I simply couldn't get to attack. Not much you can do, pretty frustrating.
    Funny thing is, when that happens, I've found that playing a defensive formation and mentality actually helps in taking control and scoring. So actually the opposite of what you did. Pushing for an attack doesn't give you possession. It strengthens your attack, but in order to be able to attack you have to have possession.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    Download my power training tool here https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...alculator.html

VFK
    Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
    Funny thing is, when that happens, I've found that playing a defensive formation and mentality actually helps in taking control and scoring. So actually the opposite of what you did. Pushing for an attack doesn't give you possession. It strengthens your attack, but in order to be able to attack you have to have possession.

Skickat från min VOG-L29 via Tapatalk
    I don't know if that helps either, there's so much randomness that it's hard to make conclusions based on some experiences. I played with defensive mentality and four defenders for most of the game, about 65 minutes and I didn't want to go hard-defending when I needed a goal . Tactics and formation seem to be minor factors in possession anyway.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast