Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Input and sharing of the effects of the new weather conditions

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #31
    Administrator
    Hey guys, the weather conditions are connected to the Top Eleven season only and are not based on the real life weather of your location, as Milpol clarified in the previous message. That way, the overall balance of the weather throughout the season can be maintained, and Managers across the globe have equal opportunities when it comes to the types of weather conditions on matchdays. Also as some of you noticed, the same weather applies to all home matches within one season day.
    Der_Ryan_M likes this.

I did two proof with friendly matches.
    Information:
    In both cases, my team had full condition (99%), full morale (Superb) and total possession bonus +4% for home.
    The difference of average quality is 42% (me 68% and opposite team 110%). And both friendly matches was did with same players and same formations.

Weather: Cold

+++ First friendly match +++
    Team Mentality: Attacking
    Passing style: Mixed
    Pressing style: Low
    Marking style: Zonal
    Play Offside trap: On
    Result: defeat, 0-4

In the second attempt, I changed only pressing style, from low to high.

+++ Second friendly match +++
    Team Mentality: Attacking
    Passing style: Mixed
    Pressing style: HIGH
    Marking style: Zonal
    Play Offside trap: On
    Result: defeat, 0-6

I supposed that pressing style doesn't affect the cold weather

Rookie
    Does anyone think this makes any different to the outcome of a game? Totally underwhelmed by this ‘feature’.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Cained View Post
    Does anyone think this makes any different to the outcome of a game? Totally underwhelmed by this ‘feature’.
    No one knows, because Nordeus doesn't really tell. The only thing that is noticably different is the amount of condition the players lose. Apart from that, the tactical aspects of the game were always strange to me and now even more random maybe.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Cained View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Der_Ryan_M View Post
    No one knows, because Nordeus doesn't really tell. The only thing that is noticably different is the amount of condition the players lose. Apart from that, the tactical aspects of the game were always strange to me and now even more random maybe.
    Because of the randomness of troll results at times, it probably takes a full season or more of results sharing to identify a more consistent pattern of how the weather conditions could affect match results by trialling different passing variation, pressing type and/or marking type.

Theoretically rainy weather makes control harder and short passing harder, so long passing should make sense? It is still a puzzle for me on what to do with cold weather (tense player feeling chilly? Does that mean players couldn’t accelerate as quickly and so should use short passing more!?).

As most have probably experienced, the most obvious is the extra 10-15% drop in conditions under hot weather and even worse when using high pressing. In hot weather, switching to a defensive setup with low pressing to score via counter, plus earlier 60-min subs, may be the way forward in saving conditions when facing weak opponents.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    No sean payasos muchachos! El cambio del clima es totalmente cosmético.
    Blok 45 likes this.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lion View Post
    No sean payasos muchachos! El cambio del clima es totalmente cosmético.
    It is rather obvious that match results have been impacted by weather conditions other than ideal.

You could choose to believe otherwise, play matches as if weather conditions do not exist and that is more than fine. Calling fellow managers who are willing to share their observations clowns is really rude and unnecessary. Save those impoliteness for yourself.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

Rookie
    Match Type: League, away
    Weather conditions: Rainy
    Pressing type & Marking Style: Low, Area
    Passing type: Mixed
    Player condition loss range for full match:17-25%
    Match result vs typical result: 0:4 win, normal
    Comment & Notes: Yellow card*1, I'm higher 20% than oppos.
    Level 21
    League Won: 13
    Champions League: 8
    Super League: 0
    Cup: 11
    Super Cup: 8

81.53% winning rate
    44 games winning streak

Rookie
    Played in cold weather with mixed passing and it was a goal bonanza - a ten goal thriller.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by milpol View Post
    I think that would not have been the right idea.

Some managers would be constantly facing the same type of weather. Rainy days all the time. Would you like that? Or constant hot temperatures, which means more condition drop, as far as we know yet.

I strongly believe it has to do with RNG. Throughout the season, you will have X amount of rainy days, Y of hot, Z of ideal, X of cold.

So everyone will go through all the weather conditions roughly
    I do see the point of this. But in the real world, the same conditions can happen. If I was in a country which maintained the same conditions throughout the year, I'd love that because it intensifies the home advantage. I could sort out my tactics and leave them alone while visitors struggle to find the right options. TE is worldwide, with 50% away matches so it's not like the player won't miss out on other conditions.

The only area I see a problem is if it's hot most of the year-round in their location, they'd struggle in terms of condition. Maybe in that case, players get more fitness % gains from matches in hot conditions and therefore the players become accustomed to this feature. I dunno, just my opinion. I guess I'm a realist. Maybe it's not the majority view which is fair enough.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast