Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Season 159 - Are you ready?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyEye View Post
    Attachment 139636

typical of this game, I dominate from start to finish, opponent fouls my players to no end and gets 0 cards, but my player is the one who gets carded. Nordeus has to screw you over somehow, the sponsor challenge of winning 5 league games without conceding a goal is hard enough, then the opponent scores with the only shot on target. Piss off
    Don't know why are you complaining when you have 10 shots and 5 goals. Complaining about the yellow card and only one that's nothing. The misery is when the opponent has 3 shoots and scores 3 goals and my team had 7 shots and 0 goals the opposition goalkeeper had 7 saves.
    jarharnamme likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilko1 View Post
    Don't know why are you complaining when you have 10 shots and 5 goals. Complaining about the yellow card and only one that's nothing. The misery is when the opponent has 3 shoots and scores 3 goals and my team had 7 shots and 0 goals the opposition goalkeeper had 7 saves.
    My complaint was mainly because of how conveniently the opponent scores against me with 1 shot on target when i’m trying to complete the sponsor task i mentioned before, and don’t even get me started on the GKs having blinders almost every game, its a joke.

Our tactical evolution since the season started has been very interesting. Began the season with the formation with which I last played the game. A standard 4-3-3, without the exact players who fit in their normal positions in a

AML-ST-AMR

MC-DM-MC

DL-DC-DC-DR

which I would normally play, but with players whose ideal positions were:

(first lineup)

AMR -ST- (AML/AMC/AMR)

MC-DM-AMC

ML-DL-DM-MR

(first result)

It was insane. Struggled to draw the game which surprised me, given how much better we were on paper (team %).

Decided to adjust my team to better fit what I had in the return leg. Dropped the DM in DM from the first leg to the defence and played the DL and DM already in defence on either side of his. Pushed up the MR and ML higher up so that they became wingbacks.

The MC and AMC both dropped backwards to DM in the center of the pitch. Moved the AML/AMC/AMR slightly inwards so that he vacated AMR, moved closer to No10 but remained close enough to the MR now playing almost to his right.

(2nd lineup)

Did something similar on the left wing, while bringing in a real AML for the AMR who had started on the left in the first leg. The AML moved slight inwards, but more forward, closer to the ST, to become something of a second striker.

(2nd result)

Improvement, or was it mostly the home advantage?

Veteran manager just returning. Starting an asoc by the principles expressed in this thread ((https://forum.topeleven.com/associations/79982-re-thinking-associations.html#post667307). Assoc tag is #7V6TDT.

Well I played the event F2 Managers and you know what I lose 6 times on the same stage and you all know what 5 times I lose to weaker opponents. I don't know what nordeus are doing but this game become more and more ridiculous.
    Season 159 - Are you ready?-asdfgh.jpg.
    PedroSLB likes this.

Season 159 - Are you ready?-screenshot-1.jpgSeason 159 - Are you ready?-screenshot-2.jpg
    Well, another good game in the association competition where the opponent like you see in the pictures and in real is 15% weaker than mine but in just 18' already down 2 goals and that's everything you should know about the engine of this game just no logic at all.
    Black & White and khris like this.

Pro
    Unfortunately our efforts weren't enough. The lack of an away goal ultimately proved to be costly as I lost out 3-3 on aggregate.

Sent from my M2010J19SG using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Spartan117; 06-28-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    Black & White likes this.

Out of the cup in 2nd round. Ran into a 120%+ quality team that also got supported by a dozen of his minions.

To make it more humiliating, he is a level BELOW me. Whoever is responsible for the draws, thanks a lot. Truly.

Highlight of the season though so far is the Champions League.

In the groups I was paired with some Lugunica guy who destroyed me in last season's quarterfinals 10-4.

Defeated him in first group game 3-2. Scoring all three goals in last 15 minutes to come back from 0-2.

That was sweet. But then another "legit" 120% team in the group wrecked us both.

When seeing the other groups are no better, I figured let's finish third and descend into Super League.

Decided to tank the reverse group game against Lugunica so he can overtake me on H2H.

Ended up rescuing a 1-1 draw instead.

Just 7 points in the groups yet I have secured second place and qualified for CL last 16... With a game to spare.

What a massive lol...
    Black & White and khris like this.
    United FC: 6 leagues (1 invincible), 1 cup, 2 CLs
    St. Tropez 1964: 6 leagues (1 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL (One treble)
    Newton Heath: 7 leagues (2 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL, 1 SL, 1 SC
    The Black Pearl: 3 leagues (1 inv), 2 cups, 1 CL, 2 SL, 1 SC
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Manchester Heath: 6 leagues (3 inv), 4 Champions Leagues, 2 Cups, 3 Super Leagues, 4 Super Cups... (One quadruple)

Rookie
    8 CONSECUTIVE matches opponents have managed to score with their first and often second and only show on target meanwhile I can have 10 shots and am lucky if I manage to score once.
    How many times do we have to watch as you outplay an opponent only for your players with an open goal in front of them make an idiotic pass and quite unbelievable pass then the opponent goes up the other end and will shoot from a ridiculous position and score.

This apparently according to Nordeus is realistic and just an unlucky result.
    Funny how opponents never seem.tonsuffer such unlucky results

MATCH RESULTS ARE FIXED AND THE OUTCOME IS PREDICTABLE AFTER 20 MINUTES OF PLAY
    khris likes this.

This season, both the league and the cup have clubs that are very similar to my quality +-3%...I am in the game for both trophies. However, in the Champions League there is a club that is about 15% stronger than everyone else... There is a big chance that we will play against each other at some point. Any tips on how to win as an underdog?

Well that was a mood killer.

Faced the league leader today. He's ahead of the rest of us in quality by several percentages so it's been an uphill battle chasing him. I was doing it quite well, only one point between us, he drew one while I lost one. We both won all our remaining games.

I couldn't attend because of work. Had a 0-2 lead on him at halftime. Seems like I had a decent amount of chances judging by the stats. He ended up winning 3-2, scoring the last two goals in the last 15 minutes or so, now leading me by four points.

Since I couldn't even manage to tank the CL groups and play Super League instead, it looks likely that I will have a second consecutive trophyless season. Would be fine if I was just doing nothing. But after serious effort put in to not be winning anything for a couple of months now is not fun...
    United FC: 6 leagues (1 invincible), 1 cup, 2 CLs
    St. Tropez 1964: 6 leagues (1 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL (One treble)
    Newton Heath: 7 leagues (2 inv), 1 cup, 1 CL, 1 SL, 1 SC
    The Black Pearl: 3 leagues (1 inv), 2 cups, 1 CL, 2 SL, 1 SC
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Manchester Heath: 6 leagues (3 inv), 4 Champions Leagues, 2 Cups, 3 Super Leagues, 4 Super Cups... (One quadruple)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast