Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What did I do wrong? Some advices would be welcomed

Pro
    Quick sharing of a nearly identical setup solution vs a 4-4-1-1 in an asso match 1st leg just now.

Only minor difference is playing 3 DCs instead (because my 3 DCs are all better than DL & DR - level-3 club some player purchases are still slightly limited by funds available), as opponent kept the same formation in both ties yesterday and winger on the bench is 1* worse.

Quality: 111% vs 113% - hence chose 21% possession bonus (when quality and whites are similar, engine calculation on chances would favour the team with possession)
    Result: 5-0, with 70% possession

What did I do wrong? Some advices would be welcomed-f10-aece9-f546-421-c-b921-12-eb78675619.jpg
    What did I do wrong? Some advices would be welcomed-b7051-ab9-6-de3-4-b3-c-ae9-e-9-bfbe460-b47-.jpg
    What did I do wrong? Some advices would be welcomed-61-fc6-b8-e-225-c-4-dfd-afd0-64-a0-cbc37089.jpg
    What did I do wrong? Some advices would be welcomed-15-f0-c192-ef77-4503-af75-a859-f7-f37-b64.jpg

Opponent did try to sub his MC out and change to 4-3-1-2, and that is easily countered by moving the 2 MCs as close to DMC area and DMC pulled back a bit. Midfield then has extra space and so my ML & MR scored the last 2 goals.
    Wraga likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

It looks really effective, also a good option to find a versatile formation. Thank you for sharing it.

I am also thinking about using the 3241 or the 4141 as a basic because these seems versatile as well.

At the moment I am level 3, so far from having a decent team, however trying to get the appropriate players for each positions. As you mentioned the best if a player can cover multiple, relevant posititions without a substitution.

Right now I am focusing on wing plays with 1 ST and a decent defense. however its not effective all the time against stronger enemies. Its still in the process to find out what would be the best defense/counter formation against much stronger opponents.

Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraga View Post
    It looks really effective, also a good option to find a versatile formation. Thank you for sharing it.

I am also thinking about using the 3241 or the 4141 as a basic because these seems versatile as well.

At the moment I am level 3, so far from having a decent team, however trying to get the appropriate players for each positions. As you mentioned the best if a player can cover multiple, relevant posititions without a substitution.

Right now I am focusing on wing plays with 1 ST and a decent defense. however its not effective all the time against stronger enemies. Its still in the process to find out what would be the best defense/counter formation against much stronger opponents.
    For long-term team improvement and performance stability, it would be best to develop young 18yo players (or 19yo if T budget is tight) and focus on 1-3 particular skills throughout the 18-25yo player cycle (quickest growth would be within age range of 18-21yo, then 22-24, 25-27 and so on). Best performers could be kept till retirement with some 20-30 greens spent at start of seasons to maintain at similar level of quality.

FTs are what they are called, and fast trainers in full. The following link is for the table on max market value in auctions where we need to assure the 18yo player value is. In general, the higher the market value, the faster the player would improve (ie. same 1% improvement would require the least amount of training):

https://forum.topeleven.com/tutorial...ainers-58.html

The FTs that we look to spend the most important budget of T and funds in are the most important players in our squad, so obviously we need to have a good idea of at least both an aggressive attacking formation and an effective defensive formation to start with. Typically should spend 150 greens or so to improve key attributes with player quality from 90%+ for at least another 20%.

Latter is more important as it is always expected tough opponents would be in semis and finals (so need to have a stable yet variable 4-1-3 combination of players, with 2 top attacking players who could switch flanks, middle and handle formations with or without DMC). 4-1-4-1, 4-1-3-1-1 & 4-2-3-1 must be possible with the squad.

Former is particularly important in league where goal difference could dictate opponents’ approach on title-deciders. If our versatile attacking variation could outscore league challengers, we can afford to play defensive and counter to win the league with 2 draws. And needless to say top scorer award bonus of 30% finishing onto the same player seasons on seasons would create a beast easily.

First one should nearly always be ST/AMC. 4-1-4-1 fits him perfectly as lone AMC/ST, depending on opponent playing DMC or not. 1-on-1 SA could be the best long-term option. Cheapest T auction option is to get AMC FT, then add the special sponsor gift of additional role in first season, then add SA at start of 2nd season if greens are tight. Key attributes would be finishing & speed. Passing would be another key if his main role is supporting winger to be top scorer.

Second FT could be a AML/R plus AMC. This provides option to score heavily against weak fullbacks when ST is used mainly to occupy DCs and space. Best SA would be shadow striker to score lots from range. Cheapest auction type is AML/R, then train additional AMC role with greens in first season and add special sponsor role for the other flank role in the following 2nd season when greens are tight. Shooting & creativity are key attributes to trigger shadow striker SA frequency. Passing & finishing would help winning lots of improbable matches with ST as a on-fire combo.

Third FT could be either GK or DMC/DC.
    GK on reflexes & rushing out, with 1-on-1 SA then additional 2nd SA with special sponsor when available.
    DMC/DC on mainly defensive attributes. SA should be header if GK is focused on reflexes; or should be wall if GK main attribute is rushing out.

With squad compliments, DMC/DC can be accompanied with defensive players like another sole DC (best DC on only DC skills), DMC/DC and backup DC/DL(R), so they could interchange with 4-1 & 3-2 defensive formations easily. A MC/DMC surely would help further when suspension and/or injuries happen. A very solid DMC/DC allow the flexibility in man-marking the most dangerous attacker of opponents.

4th FT could be CK taker in ML/AML(R). That will relieve top scorer from CK duties to score even more.

By the time you get these first 4-5 FTs built, you will have learned a lot about what formation and players you like to use the most. Budget-wise it is best to keep developing 1, or at most 2, FT a season, so your budget for the rest of the squad would be sufficient and enough for challenges for all trophies and yet can achieve maximum resale value of those 1-season squad players, ideally at age 21 and around 75-78% when bought and sold with over 90% quality at max auction value in the last 3-4 hours of the season end after exhausting all conditions for improvements and also training experience.
    Last edited by HeavensAAA; 01-12-2021 at 11:58 AM.
    Wraga likes this.
    Winning is a form of art. Consistently winning is a show-hand of skills and luck.

I have to admit, this tutorial you wrote is more than essential and I am absolutely sure it could help me a lot in the future. Right now I have approx. 14 players below 25 and all of them seems quite useful for the next 2-3 seasons.

About the 18 yr old players, I bought 2 and had 1 from the academy but unfortunately none of them looks as a ft. Its quite odd because I paid 3m+ for one of them, but according to the training test, this player has a normal training possibility. Slowly but surely I am finding the most effective formations for this team, however I am sure there are much more what I could give a try to.

Since I am not planning to invest hundreds of tokens each season just to buy new players, at the moment I am trying to stay competent by training the players during the season, however even with rest farming it seems impossible. As I read on the forum its very rare when you can find ft players in the academy so I assume its also up to your luck.

As always, I do appreciate your time to help me. Thank you for that.
    HeavensAAA likes this.

Pro
    I have to admit, this tutorial you wrote is more than essential and I am absolutely sure it could help me a lot in the future. Right now I have approx. 14 players below 25 and all of them seems quite useful for the next 2-3 seasons.

About the 18 yr old players, I bought 2 and had 1 from the academy but unfortunately none of them looks as a ft. Its quite odd because I paid 3m+ for one of them, but according to the training test, this player has a normal training possibility. Slowly but surely I am finding the most effective formations for this team, however I am sure there are much more what I could give a try to.

Since I am not planning to invest hundreds of tokens each season just to buy new players, at the moment I am trying to stay competent by training the players during the season, however even with rest farming it seems impossible. As I read on the forum its very rare when you can find ft players in the academy so I assume its also up to your luck.

As always, I do appreciate your time to help me. Thank you for that.
    You are welcome there!

Since FTs can only be judged correctly from initial market value at purchase against player quality, it is impossible to know if youths from academy is a FT, and therefore not worth it to invest any T for them. Should always sign all free youths, plus the highest rated youth which costs T to fill all possible signings, as selling one 18yo after 1 season’s training can bring in funds to buy a new 21-yo 75%-80% player. This specific age and quality of players are paramount for club finance (will explain further below).

In general, 18yo FT fair T cost is around 30T. A bit more for ST, MC & DC. Sometimes a bit less for DMC & AMC. 30T final auction price also means an extra fund cost of 35% vs 1T player. That difference has to be earned elsewhere, and they can be both from youth player development sale and 21yo 75%+ player development sale.

For a low level club (both yours and mine are at level 3), the most difficult part in squad building is the lack of funds to buy the players we would like, as income from tickets and trophy wins are minimal. Ticket income would become a lot more significant when club reaches level 5 with the corresponding level of stadium built for its capped attendance. You may refer to the following link to determine the speed you prefer to build the costly stadium (I always leave the stadium to the last after upgrading all the rest first because of funds constraints):

https://forum.topeleven.com/top-elev...prices%5D.html

The reason I bring this fund issue up is because it is very difficult to earn extra money without buying and selling 1-season squad players in the earlier levels. The extras earned via winning the quadruple is barely enough to buy a new FT in a following season, and so earning money via seasonal change of players is the only quick way to release:

1) if focused on the ‘right’ whites for performance (eg. Passing & crossing for ML/R, speed & finishing for ST & wingers), gain in value with seasonal change of the aforementioned 21yo group should be 70%. Assumed 5T bought, the final ‘gain’ % would be around 55%.
    2) 18yo youths which should be backup players can be trained onto the lowest whites’ average, and could even gain 70% net value (average player training)
    3) increase in base market value per club level is around 35%
    4) T-cost of each 21yo should be 5
    5) it is more of a balancing T and money budgets on how to operate - earn more money by player development for more FTs sooner (5 well-trained FTs should win the 60T event, hence doubling T income plus free high-star player) or save more T for later

If you intend to save as many T as possible for seasons onwards, you may well just buy 1 FT every 2 seasons, and just focus on ST/AMC and winger first. The top scorer award bonus is huge in having a reliable FK scorer to win even contests. Also, training of those players you would keep could be on the main skills only, so general quality drop would not affect performance when greys become very low after a few seasons.

Thank you for sharing this knowledge, you are just saving a lot of time and effort for me by it.

Right now I am planning to roll the team according to the mentioned way, plus finding out what would be the base formation what I can start with. I know for sure there is no universal formations, however I would like to have a base team with a versatile setup what I would be able to modify when necessary without losing the power of the team.

Sad we are not on the same server, othervise I would test my teams with you all day long

Thumbs up for your effort, I appreciate.

I had a hard beat from this enemy team:

Attachment 136183

This was my setup:

Attachment 136184

This is the result:

According to details, I was using setup found in this article:

https://top-eleven-tactics-games.blo...ormations.html

Even it was promising, I had 0 shot efficiency and had a crushing lost what most probably cannot be recovered in the next round.

The opponent has a 7% star advantage and seems as a passive account, however I have no idea how to beat him.

Any suggestions or ideas what was wrong and how could I counter him effectively?

Thank you
    I have the feeling that you have used the wrong counter fir that formation.
    The formation was 43w12 but you have counter 4312.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12