Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: I Will Quit At The End Of This Season (A Small Review Is Included In This Post)

this child and this thread
    muskrat likes this.

Famous
    The Bad
    too many disappointments (Disagree here - This is my 10th consecutive season picking up at least 2 trophies; if the game was truly random, I wouldn't have had that much success.)
    •poor management simulation
    poor match simulation (I haven't added the new match simulation, but goalies passing to opposing strikers, or strikers passing way out-of-bounds is a problem. Have to give nordeus credit for adding the new live-match feature tho, even if it further showcases their flaws. I'm willing to give them a pass on this for now).
    •too unrealistic
    limited in important areas such as tactics; absence of individual orders for players (Individual orders for players would be nice. Sometimes i'm left scratching my head, when something like my DC (w/ blue arrows) scores on a counter-attack on a clear run through the middle, when my orders are attacking/down the flanks/whole pitch w/o counters).
    absence of artificial intelligence for players; players do ‘silly’ things and don’t follow the orders given to team (Would be nice to have artificial intelligence for players. But, that's also a serious upgrade in the coding/programming from what it currently is. Does nordeus budget allow the payroll flexibility to invest in additional resources and personnel to program that artificial intelligence into all the new nordgens produced every season?)
    comments seem to be inaccurate (agree here, my strikers are very good at landing upright after attempting a bicycle kick).
    •addictive
    many settings could be visual or have little to no effect in matches (The programming of the game engine changes from time to time, so what sets or orders and/or formations work one season, might not work the next; game is a lot of trial and error in this regard).
    many facilities could be visual and have no significant effects (Lights, scoreboard definitely have no effect, stuff that reduced injury rate should be more effective than what it is; everything else has an impact on revenue, boosters or roster).
    •inappropriate game response (when changing orders, the response seems to be more like random rather than being logical, and for some cases, there is no response at all)
    poor academy system (Definitely agree here)
    strange behavior (I felt that in some matches or during some periods during any season, players have been blocked from performing as they should have according to their quality. The team did not respond appropriately to orders given. For some matches, it is as if no matter what you do, your players are not going to perform well as it has already been decided by the program that your team will perform badly, will lose or will draw. I also noticed that suddenly almost the whole team is put out of form and this bad form is maintained for some time, and this may happen in crucial moments like in the final third of the season, and there is nothing that can be done about it; your team will perform badly and you will draw or lose matches against much weaker teams despite using appropriate counter formations and decent orders.) (see point one above, I've had to much success to believe games are completely random)
    •strange results (draws or loses despite having significant quality advantage and used decent counter formations and orders)
    excessive injuries from matches despite keeping players in good condition and using squad rotation when needed (Completely Agree)
    improper distribution of injuries (an injury almost every day or for every 1-2 matches for a period such as a week) (Completely Agree)
    bugs (examples: Jose Mourinho FC has many players assigned as GK for my account and no goal can be scored against this team, profile images of users out of position in the reschedule area for matches) (I deleted Mourinho a long time ago, he exists solely to drain my bank balance, morale and condition so I have to invest in more)
    many users have been hurt by playing this game, especially after suddenly losing many tokens in bids or losing matches that they should not have lost (Its the responsibility of a manager to identify when not to get into bidding wars. If a free player can't identify a token buyer or chooses to go all-in bidding on day 1 of a new season, that's their problem).
    users are able to cheat (examples: ability to trick the cup and league draws by selling high quality players at the end of the season and buying low quality players; create multiple accounts to give a main account significant advantage such as providing tokens, extra supporters, 'valuable' gifts, and buying players from the main team) (somewhat agree - tricking the cup draw is a problem; its also a problem nordeus created when basing upon draws on Q and not taking into account the ability to upgrade teams differs between managers, due to being at different levels. The amount of tokens from extra accounts really isn't enough to give the same advantage someone that buys tokens frequently will get. Plus, simply adding players on either the forum or on same server will get managers those gifts regardless).
    poor communication between developers and users (Agree here - Nordeus hasn't explained several things about this game, opting instead to have us attempt to figure them out; however for a counter-argument if Nordeus explained what everything did that would remove a lot of the trial and error and anyone that can do a simple google search can apply the correct tactics/orders which would create to much predictability to matches).
    Last edited by pcmacdaniel; 08-15-2015 at 10:38 PM.
    Level 40 Manager

Mac, the disappointments were not about winning trophies; they were about how the game functions. For 'valuable gifts', I meant things like 'expensive' jerseys, logos and so on.
    How did Mourinho FC drain your bank balance, morale and condition? Did you mean by playing friendly matches against him using win bonus?
    Last edited by Tactician; 08-15-2015 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Harrison View Post
    To anyone who does decide to stop playing, please take over a level one team as the last thing you do.
    But Cat the game is actually more interesting from levels 20 or so, when you have built it all, you have less injuries and no financial obligation for upgrades... All your cash and tokens now goes directly into the squad.
    SEASON 10 LEVEL 10
    4 LEAGUE TITLES
    1 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINNER
    1 CUP CHAMPION

Famous
    Quote Originally Posted by Tactician View Post
    Mac, the disappointments were not about winning trophies; they were about how the game functions. For 'valuable gifts', I meant things like 'expensive' jerseys, logos and so on.
    How did Mourinho FC drain your bank balance, morale and condition? Did you mean by playing friendly matches against him using win bonus?
    I only played him once, but game seemed disproportionately difficult compared to facing your standard 5* opponent. I didn't set a win bonus (don't like to for friendlies, since I don't want -income for friendly match). I got the impression I'd need to approach a friendly with Mourinho like I do a KO round CL/Cup match if I wanted to win, and financially it just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe i'm wrong here since only played him once, but that's the impression I got.
    Level 40 Manager

I don't bother with Mourino - not when his team is like this (Level 24):

I Will Quit At The End Of This Season (A Small Review Is Included In This Post)-l24-mourino-fc.jpg

With a 'friend' like this, who needs enemies?
    pcmacdaniel likes this.
    Any formation or tactics advice given is based purely on experience with my teams...

English Forum Moderator Cat Harrison's Avatar
    As this thread is a bit outside the rules of the forum, yet still has lots of opinion and feedback, it has been moved to Off Topic sub-forum.
    khris and muskrat like this.

This is how my team looks in this season (in case some of you want to know as I have not posted it yet in the team's showcase section).

What a waste though; I have spent so much effort and time building this team.
    Now that I see you here, can you upload the pic of team stats?

Quote Originally Posted by khris View Post
    Now that I see you here, can you upload the pic of team stats?
    What statistics? For this season only?

What statistics? For this season only?
    The page where you can see the team and goals scored+assistances+MoM, yellows and so, yeah, actualized of today for example

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast